Dr Sweety Jamgade is a highly experienced Associate Professor at the Faculty of Hospitality Management and Catering Technology, RUAS. She is Editor-in-Chief of Hospitium (in-house) magazine, a board member of other publications of the institute, and a member of Ecotourism Society of India, the International Ecotourism Society (TIES) and the Indian Tourism & Hospitality Congress. Leveraging the 16 years of knowledge that she has gained in academics and the hospitality industry she strives to guide students in their professional and personal grooming projects.
She holds a PhD degree in Ecotourism that falls under the broader umbrella of Hotel Management and Catering Technology. She is keen to extend her research activities in Tourism and Hospitality and is drawn to Ecotourism and Sustainability projects, in particular. She has presented research papers at several national and international seminars and conferences. Several of them have appeared in institutional journals, books and magazines. She is also an active travel review writer and blogger.
PhD in the domain of Ecotourism Faculty of Science and Technology
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
Master of Hospitality Management
LAD & Smt. R.P College, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
LAD & Smt. R.P College, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience :
- Contributory Lecturer at Dept. of Hotel Management & Catering Technology in L.A.D College & SRP College for Women, Nagpur — 2 years (2005 — 2007)
- Faculty Member at Magnus School of Business, Nagpur — 2 years (Nov 2006 till Sept, 2008)
- Visiting Faculty at various Institutes — 2 years (2008−2010)
- Instructor in L.A.D College- Dept. of Hospitality Management, Nagpur — 3 Years (2008 — 2011)
- Asst. Professor in The Oxford College of Hotel Management — 5 Years (May,11 till Dec 2016)
- Asst. Prof and In-charge of Management Studies department in Faculty of Hospitality Management & Catering Technology, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences — 3 years (Aug,2017 till date)
Research and Industry Experience:
- Asst. Manager- Operations at South East Asia Education Services Pvt. Ltd. (Tours & Travels), Nagpur (March 2006- 16th Nov 2006)
- Executive — Front office at Premier Technology Group Pvt. Ltd, MNC, IT Company, Nagpur (April 2004 — August 2005)
- Front office Assistant at Hotel Centre Point (Certified 3 star), Nagpur (August 2003 – April 2004)
- NCC training for 2 years
- 6 months training in Hotel Industry
Tourism and Hospitality Services, ICT/ Electronic Tourism and Hospitality,
Responsible/Eco- Business, Ecotourism
Tourism and Hospitality Management, Student Project Guidance
- Tourism and Hospitality Services
Promotion of Sustainable Economic Ecotourism Development at Rural Areas in Nagpur District’ from Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
National Conference Papers:
- Jamgade Sweety, Roba T. Trina, (2012). ‘Scope of MICE Tourism & its role as a medium scale industry in economic scenario in Bangalore’ by Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Bangalore jointly organized by AICTE(2012) ISBN: 978−93−5097−334−9
- Jamgade Sweety, (2011). ‘Responsible Tourism Product Development’. Abstracts in Hospitality and Responsible Tourism Seminar by Dr.YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Hyderabad.
- Oinam Gunabala, Jamgade Sweety, Jays B., (2012).‘Publicity of Ras Leela- Classical Dance for Promotion of Cultural and Rural Tourism in Maipur’. Proceedings of one day National Seminar on Rural tourism in Indai: opportunities and Challenges by KLE College, Bangalore.
- Sweety G. Jamgade, (2009).‘Ecofriendly Practices in Housekeeping’. Souvenir of National Seminar on ‘Changing Trends in Housekeeping- Immense Scope for Hotel Management Professionals’ by Department of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, L.A.D & SRP College, Nagpur
- Priyadarshini G. , Sweety G., Nandini J., Jyotsna P.,(2006). ‘Ecotourism- Today’s Need and Approach of Hotels towards Ecotel’ by All India Tourism Teachers Association National Seminar Proceedings on ‘Issues and Trends in Ecotourism Development in India’ organized by Kerala Institute of Travel and Tourism Studies, Trivandrum.
International Conference Papers:
- Jamgade S., Patil J., (2008). ‘Bordam (Bordharan)– The upcoming Ecotourism Spot in Vidharba’. Souvenir of 3rd DGSI (The Deccan Geographical Society, India) International Geography Conference on ‘World Tourism, Environment and Sustainable Development’.
National Journal Papers:
- Dey Rajkumar, Jamgade Sweety, Bilan Sahidi, (2018). ‘Contemporary Issues and Challenges of Hospitality Sector: A Case-Study on Staff Turnover and Motivation with Special Reference to IBIS Hotel, London’. Academic Studies- National Journal of Jyoti Research Academy, Volume 12, Issue‑2, ISSN-095 – 461X
- S.Jamgade, J.Patil, (2016). Review Article on ‘Critique on Real Ecotourism Development with reference to Nagpur District’. Research Journal Vol.12, No.2, 2016, ISSN 0974- 0317
- Sweety Jamgade, (Oct,2012). Travelogue article on ‘Beyond CSR in Tourism & Hospitality Industry-Responsible Tourism Product Development’. Ripples- Department of Hotel Management- Garden City University, Bangalore. ISSN: 2229 – 6794
- Abhijith Santosh, Sweety Jamgade, (Jan,2019). ‘Growth Prospects and Crisis Management in MICE Industry: Case Study of Thrissur, Kerala’. Journal of Management and Commerce, RUAS
- Sweety Jamgade, (Aug,2018). ‘Scope of MICE Tourism as an Emerging Hospitality Industry’. Journal of Management and Commerce, RUAS
- Shivaramakrishna V.,Ankita S., Sweety J., (Jan,2018). ‘Customer Brand Engagement on Social Media Platforms in the Hospitality Industry’. Journal of Management and Commerce, RUAS
- MBA I Sem Course Material for the subject- Principles of Management, Magnus School of Business, Nagpur (2007)
- Sweety G. Jamgade, (2018). ‘India Ecotourism Leads to Community Economic Development’. Article Published in Greenloons Website in Asia-Pacific Green Travel section (renowned website of U.S specializing in development of sustainable tourism products).
- Sweety Jamgade (2012). ‘Editorial and Responsible- Tourism Product Development’. Editor of in-house college magazine ‘ATNA- the journey continues’ for Department of Tourism, The Oxford College of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Sweety Jamgade, Sheeba Mochi, (August ‚2012). ‘Eva- The Emerging Concept in Hotel Industry’ for ‘HAT –Facets of Hospitality: An overview of the accommodations’ by M.S Ramaiah College of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Sweety G. Jamgade, (2008, 2009). ‘Hone your Communication Skills’, ‘Civic Sense’published in ‘The Hitavada’ –Nagpur English dailies – ‘Future’ supplement for academic field.
- S G. Jamgade, (2008). ‘Personality Makeover, Check Your Style of Communication’. Executive Editor of In-house college magazine ‘Jyoti’ for Magnus School of Business (2008)
- Chief Editor of Medico China Newspaper for South East Asia Education Services Pvt. Ltd. (2006)
- Awarded Smt. Sindhu Jathar Cash prize for getting highest marks (Topper) in PostGraduation- Master of Hospitality Management, 2007
- UGC-NET cleared in Tourism Administration and Management
- Merit student – Topper in Master of Hospitality Management
- Certificate of Appreciation from Sahu Samaj Kalyan Society, Nagpur for securing highest marks in PG
- Appraised for Best Paper presentation in National Seminar on ‘Issues and Trends in Ecotourism’. Paper title ‘Ecotourism- Today’s Need and Approach of Hotels towards Ecotel’ organized by Kerala Institute of Travel and Tourism Studies (2006)
- Appreciated as the Centre’s active member, selected for leadership meet at Goa and Nominated for best teachers award at Magnus School of Business, Nagpur (2007)
- Received certificate of appreciation from The Indian Federation of University Women’s Association (IFUWA) for the cooperation in National Seminar on ‘Women: Agents for Change’ (2005)
- Bagged winner prizes in Chess, Badminton & Carom in Premier Technology Group Pvt. Ltd.
- Best paper award to the student guided (2019)
Ecotourism Society of India (ESOI)
The International Ecotourism Society (TIES)
Indian Tourism and Hospitality Congress
Greenloons.org, Trip Advisor and Travelblog.org
Nagpur Junior Metro chamber (2003-2005)