Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
I. Constitution of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The University is planning to proceed with the intent of applying for assessment and accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council. (NAAC). Towards this endeavour, it is imperative to establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to act as a catalyst to imbibe the excellence in quality as a culture. IQAC will also facilitate to devise ways and means of collecting the data on our performance, delivery and innovative strategies to enhance and sustain the quality of organizational operation. Effective functioning of IQAC will eventually leads to achievement of the quality parameters prescribed in the overall activities and operations of the University.
1. Goal of IQAC:
As stated through guidelines, the goals of IQAC are:
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University,
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
2. Role of IQAC
It shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely and efficient monitoring of Quality Enhancement (QE) activities in various Faculties of the University
- Channelizing and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Credibility of assessment and evaluation process
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
3. Functions of IQAC
Achievement of academic excellence is possible only through virtue of quality enhancement measures chartered towards the optimum operational effectiveness of the institution. As highlighted in the guidelines, IQAC will have the following broad functions:
- Develop and monitor the application of quality benchmarks / parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conductive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents, industry/employer and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of teaching and research and education etc.,
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities of the HEI, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating with all quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining, enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the University.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters / assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format (post accreditation).
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units i.e. Faculty of the University based on the AQAR.
- Interaction with AQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
4. Constitution of the IQAC Committee:
The IQAC committee is constituted with the following composition to initiate the exercise of assessment and accreditation through NAAC:
IQAC Committee supported by:
Ms. Geetha. B.E, Head-QAC, Gnanagangothri Campus
Ms. Vijayalakshmi. T, Head — QAC, Peenya Campus
Ms. Ashwini, Executive — QAC
II. IQAC Committee Details:
III. IQAC Meeting Details
IV. Accreditations, Recognitions, Rankings and Ratings
- UGC “2(f)” Status
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) Approval Letter
- Dental Council of India Approval Letter
- AICTE LoA in 2020
- AICTE EoA in 2021
- AICTE EoA in 2022
- AICTE EoA in 2023
- NIRF Ranking 2021
- NIRF Ranking 2022
- ARIIA 2020
- ARIIA 2021
- KSURF 2019
- E‑Lead Certification QS-I-GAUGE 2020
- Advanced E‑Lead Certificate 2021
- QS I‑GAUGE 2022 Gold
- India Today MDRA 2022 Ranking
- IIRF Ranking 2022 — Engineering
- IIRF Ranking 2022 — Medical
- IIRF Ranking 2022 — Dental
- IIRF Ranking 2022 — Physiotherapy
- IIRF Ranking 2022 — Nursing
- PCI — Extension of Approval 2023 — 24