Dr Vaishali Kinnimulky Shettigar joined the Department of Prosthodontics, RUAS as a Reader in 2011. Prior to that, she has worked in several capacities and locations starting as an Assistant Professor at A B Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Sciences, Mangalore (2007 – 2008) and then as a Senior Lecturer at the College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Manipur, Ahmedabad (2008 – 2009). She then moved to Chennai to join as a Senior Lecturer (2009) and became a Reader at Tagore Dental College and Hospital two years later. She did her Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery at Yenapoya Dental college and hospital (2001) and Master’s degree in Dental Surgery at A B Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Sciences in Deralakatte, Mangalore (2006). She was awarded a Fellowship at the International College of Oral Implantology in the US (2015). Her areas of research are implants, aesthetics and biomarkers.
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,Karnataka Yenapoya Dental college and hospital, Deralakatte Mangalore-575018
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,Karnataka A B Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Sciences Deralakatte Mangalore-575018
Fellow of International college of oral Implantology
Total years of experience
12 years 10 months
- Assistant Prof (9−4−2007 to-30 – 6‑2008)A B Shetty Memorial Institute Of Dental Sciences Deralakatte Mangalore-575018
- Sr lecturer (1−9−2008 to 30 – 6‑2009) College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Manipur, Ahmedabad
- Sr Lecturer (1−7−2009 to-10 – 6‑2011) Reader (11−6−2011 to 30-11-2011) Tagore Dental College and hospital, Vandalur Post Chennai-600048
- Reader (1−12−2011− till date) Faculty of Dental Sciences, M S, Ramaiah University of Applied sciences, Bangalore-560094
Maxillo facial Prosthdontics/ICOI Implant Fellowship/Implant Workshop/OSCE OSPE training
- Rudrax Jindal,Vaishali K,Suma. The Windowed Partial Denture:Eliminating the Soft Liner – A Case Series. Clinical Dentistry, November-2016, Issue No. 11 , Vol No. X ‚pg 26 – 32
- Gayathridevi S.K, Harshita Gowda, Vaishali K.and Suma Impression Techniques in Implants .Journal of Dental & Orofacial Research. 2016 ; 12 (2) :11 – 19.
- Dattatreya S, K. Vaishali, Shetty V, Suma. Imaging modalities in implant dentistry-review. Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research,2016;12(1):22 – 9.
- Vaishali K, Prasad DK, Shetty M. A Comparative Evaluation of Application Techniques of a Paint-On Die Spacer in Grooves: An In Vitro Study. The Journal of Indian Prosthodontic Society. 2013 Dec 1;13(4):520 – 4.
- K Vaishali . the importance and influence of anterior guidance in occlusal rehabilitation- an untapped entity- a literature review .Journal Of Dental And Orofacial Research,2012; 8(2): 56 – 62.
- K. Vaishali. A simple approach to develop lingualised occlusion in complete denture prosthesis using semi anatomic teeth. Guident, 2012; 5(5): 20 – 2
- 46th National Indian Prosthodontic Society conference ‚Mangalore 2018.Marginal Fit of Metal Ceramic copings fabricated with SLM technique and CAD CAM Fabricated Zirconia copings.
- Indian Dental Conference Mumbai 2017. Denture hypersensitivity‑A Review
- 22ND Indian society of Oral Implantology Mangalore 2016.How safe is magnetic resonance imaging for dental implant patients A Review
- 68th Indian Dental Conference, Bangalore 2015.Occlusion for implant supported prosthesis‑A Review
- 41 st National Indian Prosthodontic Society conference ‚Ahemedabad Gujarat 2013.Comparison of chair-side time and masticatory performance for fixed partial dentures fabricated using conventional casting technique and modified functionally generated path technique.
9 th Rank MDS- Prosthodontics Including Crown and Bridge(2006) Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences,Karnataka