Dr. Sunil Kumar is involved with teaching of both Under-graduates and Guided Post-Graduate students in Dissertation and taking part in conducting various hands on courses.
MDS – ORTHODONTICS AND DENTOFACIAL ORTHOPEDICS
Bangalore Institute of Dental Science and Research Center
K.L.E Institute of Dental Science, Bangalore
Total Experience: 16 Years
Academic: 2005 — TILL DATE
- Assistant Professor — 5th Dec 2005 to 3rd January 2007- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Rajiv Gandhi College of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Cholanagar, R.T. Nagar, Bangalore-32, Karnataka, INDIA
- Associate Professor ‑5thJan 2007 to till date — Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, M.S. Ramaiah Dental College (FDS, RUAS), M.S.R. Nagar, M.S.R.I.T. Post, Bangalore-54, Karnataka, INDIA
Research Interest: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, Growth Modulation, Functional Appliances, Orthopedic Appliances, Begg Appliance (Differential Light Wire Technique), Pre-adjusted Edgewise (PEA) also called as [Straight Wire Technique], Fixed Functional Appliances, Preventive and Interceptive Orthodontics, Surgical Orthodontics, Interdisciplinary Management of the Mutilated Cases and Cleft Patients.
- iagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Growth Modulation
- Functional Appliances
- Orthopedic Appliances
- Fixed Functional Appliances
- Preventive and Interceptive Orthodontics
- Surgical orthodontics
National Journal Papers:
- Orthodontic considerations in individuals with Downs syndrome- A case report. Dentovision December 2009:57 – 60
- Orthodontic management of class III malocclusion — A case report. Dentovision: December 2011; 43 – 48
- Orthodontic management of Class‑I malocclusion with invisible brackets- Case series. Journal of Dental and Oro-facial Reaserch.2012: 8:2:16 – 21
- Template for acid etching. JDOR Vol 9, Issue 2, pp. 34 – 36, July-December, 2013
International Journal Papers:
- Molar distalization by using a skeletal anchorage system: A case report. IJHSR June 2013; 3:6:97 – 104
- Influence of second premolar extraction on the third molar angulation’’- A retrospective radiographic in vitro study. IJHSR Vol. 4, Issue, 12, pp.1934 – 1938, December, 2013
- Comparative biomechanics of labial versus lingual fixed appliances- A Review Study
- Temporary anchorage devices: Implantodontics in Orthodontics. IJCR Vol 5, Issue, 12, pp.4265 – 4267, December, 2013.
- To compare shear bond strength of brackets using different conventional composites with self-etching primer and its effect on early orthodontic loading: An invitro study. IJHSR Vol 5, Issue 1; pp.172 ‑180, January, 2015.
- A comparison of shear bond strength of orthodontic brackets with four flowable composites bonded under contamination: An ex vivo study. Int J Mat Sci App. 2015; 4(1)47 – 51.
- A Cephalometric Study on Effectiveness of Orthodontic Treatment of Bimaxillary Protrusion with Premolar Extraction- A Retrospective Study. IJCR Vol 8, Issue 3; pp.27601 – 609, March, 2016.
- Stress and Displacement Pattern in the Maxilla and the Mandible with Reverse Twin Block: A Finite Element Analysis: Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 July, Vol-12(7): ZC24-ZC30
- Evaluation of Orthodontic Mini-implant-anchored en masse Retraction of Maxillary Anterior Teeth with Reduced Bone Support: A Prospective Finite Element Analysis Study. J Contemp Dent Pract 2021; To be published
- ‘Supernova’ Annual Sports Day 2010, Frist Place in Cricket as Captain, Staff team
Indian Orthodontic Society
Indian Dental Association