Dr Sivaranjani Gali is from the Faculty of Dental Sciences, RUAS where she works as a Reader at the Department of Prosthodontics. With 15 years of professional experience, she is keen to focus her research activities on topics like dental glass ceramics, zirconia, material characterisation, finite element analysis and biomedical devices.
Having completed her Bachelor’s in Dental Surgery and Master’s degree in Prosthodontics, she is now pursuing further studies for a PhD degree. She is a member of reputed institutions such as the Academy of Dental Materials, Indian Prosthodontic Society and the Indian Dental Association.
Total years of experience
Dental Glass Ceramics, Zirconia, Material characterization, Finite Element Analysis, Biomedical Devices
Dental Glass Ceramics, Zirconia, Material characterization, Finite Element Analysis
- Awarded “Annual Exemplary Staff Award in Research” at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences in July 2020
- Awarded Wellcome Trust DBT India Alliance “Early Career Fellowship for Clinicians” 2019
- Won second place at the Poster competition in the two day symposium on “ Maxillofacial Prosthetics” on 24th and 25th August 2019 at Sri Shankara Cancer Research Foundation & Centre, Benguluru. Recipient of George C Paffenbarger Award at the Academy of Dental Materials, Chicago, 2016. Also the first Indian to receive the award at the Academy of Dental Materials since its inception. The Paffenbarger award was created in 1987 to recognize annually the best paper in the field of Dental Materials.
- Chaired Karnataka Prosthodontic Forum Post graduate debate competition held at V S Dental College, Bangalore on May 2016.
- Wellcome Trust DBT India Research Training Fellowship Award in 2015.
- Awarded GEF (M) Technology Development Fund for Biomedical Device Development in 2016.
- Best Faculty award at M S Ramaiah Dental College conferred by Chief Executive Officer, GEF (M) in year 2013.
- Best Poster award for presenting on Patient Safety Curriculum for dental undergraduates at 2nd National Dental Health Profession Education 2014 at KLE Belgaum.
- Served as Editor for Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research, Official Journal of Faculty of Dental Sciences in 2012. · Secured All India 9th rank for post graduate programme at Manipal Academy of Higher Education Entrance under General Merit category.
- Second best outgoing student of BDS 1996 batch and topper in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Dental Materials, and Community Dentistry.
Academy of Dental Materials
Indian Prosthodontic Society
Indian Dental Association