Dr Roshan Sagarkar works as a Reader at the Faculty of Dental Sciences, RUAS associated with the Department of Orthodontic & Dentofacial Orthopaedics. Armed with more than 13 years of experience in the field, he has presented scientific papers and posters at national and international forums. His work has been published in national and international journals as well. He has been a member of BOS and represented FDS as a newsletter editor. He has handled various module systems for postgraduate students.
Total Experience: 13.5 years
Surgical orthodontics, Functional jaw orthopaedics, Camofluage treatment, Aligners, Damon
Research Interest: Myofunctional appliances, Functional jaw orthopaedics, Surgical orthodontics
Research Expertise: CBCT applications in orthodontics
- CBCT applications in orthodontics
- Surgical orthodontics
National Journal Papers:
- A clinically customized bracket positioning device. Journal of Indian orthodontic society 2010; 44:4:152 – 154.
- Orthodontic correction of anterior crossbite and mandibular deviation – A case report. IDRR, Jan 2010:48 – 49
- Targetting tobacco users: role of dental practitioners – A review. Journal of Pearldent 2011: 2:3:13 – 16
- Two phase orthodontics- Why, where and when? – A review. Journal of Pearldent 2011; 2:2:6 – 9
- What the dental professionals can do to tackle the tobacco menace? Karnataka state dental journal 2012: 31:2: 19 – 21
- Diagnostic limitations of cephalometrics in orthodontics – A review. Journal of dental and medical sciences 2012: 3:1: 30 – 35
- What young adults feel regarding the orofacial features of opposite sex: A survey report. BUJOD May 2013;3: 2:38 – 43
- Modified twin block appliance- Role of torquing springs as an adjunct in functional appliance therapy. BDJ July- Sept 2013;5:3:10 – 14
- Self-Perceived Orthodontic Treatment Need in a College Going Student Population Evaluated Through 3 Scales. BUJOD. Sep, 2014, Vol‑4 Issue – 3, 26 – 32.
- Ultrasonics(Application of Ultrasound in Orthodontics). Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research.Vol 12; Issue 1; 30 – 32; Jan 2016
- Relationship of oropharynx to craniofacial morphology in skeletal Class II patients. J Indian Orthod Soc.Vol.50: Issue 3 : July-September 2016
International Journal Papers:
- A Simple and effective method of molar distalization using NiTi coil springs. International Journal of dental clinics 2011; 3:4:15 – 16
- Assessment of malocclusal traits using the Index of Complexity Outcome and Need (ICON) index in orthodontic patients reporting to a private practice. International Journal of Public health dentistry 2011; 2:2:1 – 3
- Orthodontic camouflage treatment in an adult patient with class II division 1 malocclusion – A case report. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research. Feb 2013;7:395 – 400
- A substantative review on tobacco use among school going adolescents in India. JISPCD 2013; 3:1:7 – 11.
- Invisible tongue crib retention appliance. Orthodontic Cyber Journal. July 2013.
- Photographic Assessment of Cephalometric Measurements in Skeletal Class II Cases: A Comparative Study. JCDR. Vol. 11; Issue 6: Page : ZC60 — ZC64 June 2017
- Orthodontic Displacement and Stress Assessment: A Finite Element Analysis. World Journal of Dentistry, SeptemberOctober 2017;8(5):407 – 412
- Assessment of Stress and Strain in Alveolar Bone during Upper Midline Diastema Closure using Finite Element Method: Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Sep, Vol-12(9): ZC30-ZC33
- Comparison of the influence of dental and facial aesthetics in determining overall attractiveness. International orthodontics. 2018;Pg 1 – 14
IOS Life member LM-1838