Associated with the Faculty of Dental Sciences, Dr Prashantha Govinakovi Shivamurthy holds multiple roles and responsibilities as a Professor at the Department of Orthodontics, RUAS. In addition, he is the PhD Coordinator and NAAC Coordinator. With his professional experience exceeding 16 years and specific expertise in acceleratory orthodontics. he is keenly exploring further study in the area of biomechanics. His educational accomplishments include a Master’s degree in Dental Surgery and a Membership in Orthodontics offered by the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) of Edinburgh. He is also a member of IOS.
M ortho RCS
Total years of experience
16 years 6 months
- Post burn deformity: a rare etiology for maxillofacial disturbances and treatment strategy with team work- Journal of international oral health. 2011;3:6: 23 – 31
- Treatment of a skeletal Class III malocclusion with combined orthodontic and surgical approach : A case report- Journal of Dental And Oro-facial Reaserch. December 2012;8: 2: 28 – 35
- A Non-Extraction Management of Highly Placed Maxillary Canine — A Case Report- International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. October 2012; 2:7: 105 – 10.
- Rapid maxillary expansion and conductive hearing loss‑A Review- Journal of Dental And Oro-facial Reaserch. September 2012;8:1:61 – 69
- Treatment of class III malocclusion with extraction of mandibular premolar: A uniarch extraction approach- International Journal of Oral Health Sciences. September 2012;2:2:90 – 94
- Correction of a Severe Class III malocclusion with orthognathic surgery: A case report. International Journal of current research 2013;5:1:133 – 135
- Dento – Alveolar distraction osteogenesis for rapid orthodontic treatment – A case report. IJCDS Nov 2013; 4:2:1 – 6.
- Dentoalveolar distraction osteogenesis for rapid orthodontic canine retraction. JIOH Nov- Dec 2013; 5 (6):4 ‑14.
- Sella turcica Bridging and its Association with Maloccl;usion: A Retrospective Cephalometric Study. RGUHS J Dental Sciences, July 2013/Vol 5/Issue 3, 18 – 25.
- Comparison of the changes in facial profile after functional orthopaedic and surgical orthodontic treatment – A cephalometric study. International Journal of Advanced Research on Oral Science 3:1(2014) 18 – 26
- Analysis of stress in the periodontal ligament and alveolar bone of the maxillary first molars during intrusion with microscrew implants: A 3d Finite element study. World Journal of Dentistry, January-March 2014;5(1):11 – 16
- A “new vista” in the assessment of antero-posterior jaw relationship,Year : APOS trends in orthodontics, 2015 | Volume : 5 | Issue : 4 | Page : 151 – 155
- Clinical significance of Boltons ratio in crowded and non-crowded dentition with gender variations. Indian Journal of Applied Research, Vol 6: 1: 2016
- Stability of skeletal changes induced by growth modulationprocedures in the treatment of skeletal Class II malocclusion. J Indian Orthod Soc2016; 50:31 – 41.
- Ultrasonics (Application of Ultrasound in Orthodontics). Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research.Vol 12; Issue 1; 30 – 32; Jan 2016.
- Evaluating the Anatomical Truth-cone beam volumetric Imaging.
- Lasers in Orthodontics. Journal of Dental & Oral-facial Research Vol 12 Issue 02 Aug 2016
- “Wilckodontics”-A noval synergy in time to save time: A case report. International Journal of Applied Dental Science 2017; 3(2): 05 – 07.
- Equation between Incisor Inclination Correction andAnteroposterior Movement of Point A to determine theActual Magnitude of Maxillomandibular Difference. World Journal of Dentistry, July-August 2017;8(4):300 – 303
- Orthodontic Displacement and Stress Assessment:A Finite Element Analysis. World Journal of Dentistry, September-October 2017;8(5):407 – 412
- Orthodontic Tooth Movement in Space Journal of Dental & Oral-facial Research Vol.13, Issue 01 Feb 2018:60 – 65 22.Extraction vs Non Extraction Controversy: A Review Journal of Dental & Oro-facial Research Vol. 14 Issue 01 Jan. 2018:41 – 48
- Assessment of Stress and Strain in Alveolar Bone during Upper Midline Diastema Closure using Finite Element Method:Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Sep, Vol-12(9): ZC30-ZC33
- Stress and Displacement Pattern in the Maxilla and the Mandible with Reverse Twin Block: A Finite Element Analysis. AdeebaKhanum, Sunil Kumar, Siljumathew, Prashantha GovinakoviShivamurty, Vinod Pattabiraman, Madhavi Naidu. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 July, Vol-12(7): ZC24-ZC3024
- The prevalence of malocclusion and orthodontic treatment need in Omani adolescent population, J OrthodontSci 2018;7:21.
- Cephalometric Norms in an Omani Adult Population of Arab Descent: Sultan Qaboos University Med J, May 2018, Vol. 18, Iss. 2, pp. e182 – 189, Epub. 9 Sep 18
Royal College Of Surgeons, Edinburgh