Dr. Lavanya. R currently working as Academic Registrar and Associate Professor in Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dental Sciences, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru. I completed my Bachelor of Dental Surgery from Raja Rajeshwari Dental College and Hospital in 2005 and Postgraduation – MDS in Periodontology from Oxford Dental College and Hospital in 2011. I have served the Faculty of Dental Sciences in various positions since 2012 as Chief Coordinator for UG Studies, Mentor to UG students, Academic Registrar, Chief proctor, Member Secretary to Board of Studies and Board of Examiners, Health profession Education Unit, Member of Admission Committee.
As Associate Professor, I am passionate about teaching and taught undergraduate and postgraduate students. I have guided dissertations and short term projects for postgraduates. My areas of interest are Periodontal Biomarkers, Periodontal Medicine and GCF.
I have been awarded “Best Teacher Award in 2012” and Outstanding Professor of RUAS on the occasion of National Science Day with the Theme “Women in Science” in 2019. I am currently pursuing my FAIMER Fellowship at CMC- Ludhiana.
Raja Rajeshwari Dental College and Hospital
MDS in Periodontology
Oxford Dental College and Hospital
Total Years of Experience: 9 Years/Months
Academic: 9 years 4 months
- Periodontal Medicine.
- Lavanya R, Ghousia Akbari, Anvitha D. 2012. Heat shock Proteins – The primary “intracellular self-defense”. Dentovision JDOR; Vol. l8, Iss1 pp 51 – 55.
- Ghousia Akbari, Prabhuji MLV, Lavanya R. Microsurgery: A clinical philosophy for surgical craftsmanship. E‑journal of Dentistry 2012;2(1):46 – 50
- Anvitha Sharath Kumar, Lavanya R. Nanotechnology: A changing face in modern era. Research and Reviews: Journal of Dental Sciences 2013; 1(2):18 – 21.
- Lavanya R, Sharad Kumar Hiremath, Srivatsav Cheruku, Saagar Bhargava, Shalini Bhandari and Rakesh N. CNN in periodontology: A Review. (2020). Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research. Issue 1. Vol:16 pp:64 – 70.
- Dr. Saagar Bhargava, Dr. Lavanya R, Dr. B Shalini, Dr. Sharad K Hiremath. (2020). Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases in the Pathogenesis of Periodontal Disease. EAS Journal of Dentistry and Oral Medicine. Issue: 2, Vol: 2, pp:46 – 51.
- Dr. Shalini Bhandari, Dr. Lavanya R, Dr. Saagar Bhargava, Dr. Sharad K. Hiremath, and Dr. Chandini H S.
- . (2020). Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Cardiologists About the Relationship Between Periodontitis and Cardiovascular Disease. Int J Recent Sci Res. Vol.11. Issue: 10, pp. 39920 – 39923.
Awards & Achievements
- Best Teacher Award ‑2012.
- Women in Science Award – 2019.
- FAIMER Fellowship.
Bangalore Academy of Periodontology
Indian Society of Periodontology
Indian Dental Association