Dr. Ashmitha K Shetty has completed Bachelors in Dental Surgery and Masters in Pediatric Dentistry from A.B Shetty Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore. She is pursuing her PhD in M.S.Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore. Her passion is teaching and mentoring undergraduate and post graduate students. She has done extensive work clinically in providing oral rehabilitation for children with disability. Her field of interest in research include Regenerative Dentistry, Bio-material and Nano Dentistry.She has many publications in indexed journals and ongoing ICMR project to her credits.
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences/Faculty of Dental Sciences,Bangalore.
RGUHS/A.B.Shetty Institute of Dental Sciences,Mangalore.
RGUHS/A.B.Shetty Institute of Dental Sciences,Mangalore.
Total Years of Experience: 13 years
- Academic Experience:
RGDC,Bangalore(2007 – 2008)
SVSIDS,A.P(2009 – 2010)
MSRDC,Bangalore(2012 – 2011)
MSRDC,Bangalore(2011 – 2014) FDS,MSRUAS,Bangalore(2014-till date)
- Clinical Experience: Conducted camps for dental treatment ‘AASARE’ for Special care children from (2010−2018) Oral Rehabilitation of Children under General Aneasthsia
- Research Experience (along with academics):
Guide for Post graduate since 2011.
Pursing PhD at MSRUAS since 2016
- Chronological Listing of Position held and where :
Member of Hospital waste management committee(
2015 – 2016)
Member of Journal committee (2010−2011)
Cultural committee member (2015−2016)
Member Of Biomaterial Research Committee
Editorial committee of Reflection Magazine 2016 & 2017 Co-ordinator for NAAC and DCI
- Mammalian Cell Culture Techniques, Isolation and Characterization Workshop
- Molecular Docking, Virtual Screening and Computational Biology
- Integrated OMNICS’ (Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics and Bioinformatics).
- Principles of Downstream Techniques and Biacore in Proteomics
Regenerative Science, Biomaterials, Stem cells, Nanomaterials in Dentistry
- Regenerative Science
- Stem cells
- Nanomaterials in Dentistry
National Conference Papers:
- Shetty ‚A.K. Scanning electron microscopic study on the bacterial contamination of cavitated carious lesion, 2016.Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry., S(35) , pp. 135.
- Zahida, P.,Shetty, A.K.Dermatoglyphic analysis in children with or without congenital cardiac disease and their association with caries’, 2016.Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, S(35) , pp. 86.
- Smiles at school-it all starts young! 2016. Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, S (35), pp. 42 – 43.
- Ashish J Rai, Ashmitha K, Proteomic analysis of human amniotic membrane using mass spectrometry J. Maxillofac. Oral Surg. (2018) 17(Suppl 1): 1, S1-S229. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12663-018‑1144‑x.
International Conference Papers:
- Shetty, A.K., Rai, A.J., Shivani, S. and Bharadwaj, S., 2019, November. Human Amniotic Membrane Extract as an Antimicrobial Biomaterial against Streptococcus Mutans and Lactobacillus Acidophilus in Management of Deep Dentinal Caries. In Conference on Drug Design and Discovery Technologies (Vol. 355, p. 243). Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Shetty, A.K., Hegde, S. and Rai, A.J., 2019, November. Proteomic Analysis of Human Placental Extract an Allogenic Biomaterial for Vital Pulp Therapy. In Conference on Drug Design and Discovery Technologies (Vol. 355, p. 239). Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Bharadwaj, S. and Shetty, A.K., 2020, October. Umbilical cord blood serum extract as an antimicrobial biomaterial on streptococcus mutans and Lactobacillus acidophilus. InAIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2274, No. 1, p. 050006). AIP Publishing LLC.
- Shetty, A.K., Hegde, S., Murali, A., Rai, A.J. and Nasreen, Q., 2020. Analysis of Low Molecular Proteins Obtained from Human Placental Extract Considered as New Strategic Biomaterial for Pulp-Dentinal Regeneration. In Numerical Optimization in Engineering and Sciences (pp. 573 – 582). Springer, Singapore.
- Shetty, A.K. and Shivani, S., 2020, October. Quantitative assessment of enamel remineralization after treatment with chicken eggshell powder: A scanning electron microscope (SEM) and energy-dispersive x‑ray spectroscopy (EDX) study. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2274, No. 1, p. 050008). AIP Publishing LLC.
- Shetty, A.K., Bharadwaj, S., Deveswaran, R., Suvidha, B., Shalini, M., Bhumika, S.D. and Supriya, T., 2020, October. Characterization of egg shell powder and its potential role in biomineralisation intended for vital pulp therapy. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2274, No. 1, p. 050002). AIP Publishing LLC.
National Journal Papers:
- Shetty, A.K, Prakash Chandra.,2010.Taming Child’s Temper Tantrum in Dental Practice Dento-vision,6,p. 86 – 90.
- Girish M S, Ankur Shah, Manjunath M, SudhakarV, Shetty,A.K, Shylaja K C.,2013.Root resection: An Interdisciplinary approach in the management of Grade-III furcation Defects.Inj J Dent Case Reports,3(20),pp.48 – 51.
- Anandakrishna, L., Bhargav, N., Hegde, A., Chandra, P., Gaviappa, D. and Shetty, A.K., 2014. Problematic eating and its association with early childhood caries among 46 – 71-month-old children using Children’s Eating Behavior Questionnaire (CEBQ): A cross sectional study. Indian Journal of Dental Research, 25(5), p.602.
- Shetty, A.K., Anandakrishna, L., Girish, M.S., Kamath, P.S. and Usha, R., 2015. Evaluation of chair side dental care provided to children with special health care needs. Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research, 11(1), pp.55 – 57.
- Gairuboyina, S., Chandra, P., Anandkrishna, L., Kamath, P.S., Shetty, A.K. and Ramya, M., 2014. Non-nutritive Sucking Habits: A Review. Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research, 10(2), pp.22 – 27.
- Shwetha, G., Shetty, A.K., Chandra, P. and Anandakrishna, L., 2014. Bluegrass appliance for thumb sucking habit: A case report. International Journal of Medical and Dental Case Reports, 1(1), pp.1 – 3.
- Alse, A.S., Anandkrishna, L., Chandra, P., Ramya, M., Kamath, P.S. and Shetty, A.K., 2015. Educational intervention on the plaque score among hearing impaired children. Journal of Advanced Clinical and Research Insights, 2(1), pp.26 – 30.
- Magoo, J., Shetty, A.K., Chandra, P., Anandkrishna, L., Kamath, P.S. and Iyengar, U., 2015. Knowledge, attitude and practice towards oral health care among parents of autism spectrum disorder children. Journal of Advanced Clinical and Research Insights, 2(2), pp.82 – 86.
- Shwetha, G., Shetty, A.K., Usha, R. and Pushpalatha, C., 2017. Modified Palatal Crib Appliance for Habit Correction: A Case Report. Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research, 13(2), pp.61 – 65.
- Shwetha, G., Chandra, P., Anandakrishna, L., Dhananjaya, G., Shetty, A.K. and Kamath, P.S., 2017. Validation of different diagnostic aids in detection of occlusal caries in primary molars: An in vitro study. Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, 35(4), p.301.
- Jha, P., Shetty, A.K. and Anandakrishna, L., 2019. Efficiency of an Organic Disinfectant on Alginate Impressions‑A Pilot Study. Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research, 15(1), pp.22 – 25
- Rai, A.J., Hegde, P., Shetty, T.P., Castelino, C.K. and Shetty, A.K., 2020. Prognostic Value of Transthyretin Levels in Maxillofacial Infection. Health Sciences, 9(2), pp.17 – 24
International Journal Papers:
- Rai, A., Hegde, A. and Shetty, Y.R., 2007. Management of Blandin-Nuhn mucocele‑a case report. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry, 32(2), pp.147 – 149.
- Chapter-19 Pierre Robin Sequence, Authors: Gupta Priya Verma ‚Shetty Ashmitha BOOK TITLE: Pediatric Dentistry for Special Child (Jaypee publishers)
- Best paper for UG Project at Student Conference of Research in Education (SCoRE 2.0) an initiative by Manipal Academy of Higher Education Student Research Forum (MAHESRF) of MCODS, Mangalore on 1st and 2nd March 2019.
- Best Paper at 41st National Conference of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, 7th — 9th November 2019, ITS Dental College, Greater Noida.
- Organizing member and Treasurer,“PEDO CARIE Exploring ECC”, 14th Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry National Postgraduate Convention, M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Dental Sciences on 9th-11th February 2017.
- Awarded ‑IADS BOOK OF THE YEAR for authoring ‘Pediatric Dentistry for Special Child’ ‑2019.
- (edX verified) certificate on BIOC300.1x: Proteins: Biology’s Workforce .Rice University.
- NPTEL Online Certification –Introduction to Proteomics (Indian Institute of Technology Bombay).
- Stem cells conducted by BioLim Center for Science and technology[BioLim Center a member organization of Biotech Consortium India Ltd(BCIL)]
Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
Society for Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
International Association Of Pediatric Dentistry(IAPD)