Individuals belonging to any one of the following classifications can apply under the Foreign/International Student category:
- Foreign citizens
- PIO card holders
- OCI (Dual Citizens)
Admission to all programs is based on eligibility norms and the University’s selection process.
Provisional Admission will be offered based on the predicted grades of students. For this, students are required to submit their transcripts as well as details of percentage equivalence from the school, college or university last attended.
Candidates should submit the final results of the qualifying examination on or before July 10th (for UG courses) and July 20th (for PG courses) of the admission year.
International students seeking admission should have equivalent qualification and must be proficient in English. If they have not studied in English medium institutions, they must have the minimum TOEFL score to qualify for admission at RUAS.
Please Note: The fee structure for International Students is binding for the duration of the entire course/program and cannot be transferred/changed midway.
Candidates from the above-listed categories who possess Indian educational qualifications and who are eligible to apply under the Indian States Category will have to pay the International Student Category Fee.
The decision of the Admission Committee is final.
Kindly browse through the Selection Process, Fee Structure and other details for your choice of program on our website before you proceed further.
As per regulations, it is mandatory for international students to register their name with the police in the Foreigner’s Registration Office (FRO)/ Foreginer’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within the stipulated time of their arrival in India. The time frame may vary from 24 hours to 14 days of arrival, depending on the country of origin.
A student with a PIO card also must register at the FRRO.
Only OCI card holders need not register.
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences will provide the necessary assistance in this regard. However, the immigration processing fees and other related expenses will have to be borne by the student.
RUAS will also facilitate FRRO Registration of foreign nationals, but it is the responsibility of the student to go over personally to FRRO Office and complete all the required formalities and processes within the stipulated time frame fixed by the Government.
Individuals who fall under any of the following classifications can apply under the NRI Student Category:
- NRI as defined under the Indian Income Tax Law
- Either of the parents is outside India (except Nepal) on Work Permit/Resident Permit
- Indian citizen financed by any institution/agency outside India, even if parents are Residents of India
These students are liable to pay the fees applicable to the NRI Student Category for the entire duration of the course.
To claim Indian Category fee, the candidates should demonstrate residence or domicile in India for the last 7 years at least or should have studied the last 7 years in India. (Not applicable for OCI, PIO and Foreign Nationals).
Procedure for Applying and Seeking Equivalence Certificate
The Admission Application Form submitted by Foreign / NRI candidates must be accompanied by an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), www.aiu.ac.in.
Students are advised to submit the following documents to the Association of Indian Universities to obtain the Equivalence Certificate:
- Degree/Certificate together with the year-wise Academic Transcript duly authenticated by the Indian Embassy in the Country or its concerned Foreign Mission in India.
- Accreditation status of the University/Institute which the student has last attended.
- Copies of academic certificates from Higher Secondary onwards (where necessary).
- The service charge for issue of Equivalence Certificate is payable through Demand Draft in favour of “Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi”.
Please Note: The Application for Admission will be considered only after the Equivalence Certificate from AIU is submitted to RUAS.
- Fill in the Application Form after confirming your eligibility for admission to the program.
- If you have appeared in a qualifying examination and the result of the same is awaited, you may apply provisionally to go through the admission process at your own risk.
- The Application Form has to be filled in your own handwriting in black ink. The undertaking must also be signed by you.
- The instructions in the Application Form are self-explanatory. Please follow them strictly.
- It is mandatory to provide your email address (clearly) as it will be used by the Admission Office for any communication.
- International students and foreign university degree holders should attach photocopies of academic transcripts and the AIU Equivalence Certificate. The University/Board/Marks filled in the Application Form will be considered for all procedures related to admission. Any discrepancy found during original document verification may result in cancellation of Admission
- You cannot apply more than once for the same program in one admission year.
Payment of Fees
International Students and NRIs can choose to pay through any of the following means:
Through Demand Draft
All tuition fees and other charges are payable in US Dollars or the equivalent Indian Currency using the University’s published exchange rate.
Demand Drafts should be made in favour of “M.S. RAMAIAH UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES” payable at Bengaluru.
Through Bank Transfer
Payments can also be made through bank transfer.
To ensure that credits favoring AXIS BANK LTD are correctly and promptly credited to the accounts held with Chase Manhattan Bank, we recommend that remitters route funds electronically in U.S. Dollars
Payments should be made to
Chase Manhattan Bank New York (Payment should be routed either via CHIPS ABA 0002 OR FED ABA 021000021)
For Credit to
001−1−407376 AXIS BANK LTD Bangalore
A/c No: 914010011252118 (with AXIS BANK LTD, Bangalore)
Name: M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences.
Address: Axis Bank Ltd. Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore (KT), A/c No. 914010011252118 IFSC Code: UTIB0000559 MICR Code: 560211017
|Instructions to Candidates after Remittance|
|Name of the Candidate|
|Programme (Undergraduate / Postgraduate / Academic Research)|
|Unique Transaction Reference (UTR) No:|
- The University does not collect any type of capitation/donation or any other kind of fees, other than what is mentioned on the website.
- Ramaiah University does not authorize any Third Party / Agents / Person to apply/offer admission on its behalf. Ramaiah University will not be responsible for applicants being misguided by such individuals / through SMS / through Email.
- If you are paying money to them or to any outsider(s), other than the authorized fee collecting cashier/official working in the Accounts Department of RUAS or if you do not transfer funds through NEFT/RTGS/online transfer directly to the Bank account of the University, you will be doing so at your own risk and responsibility. University or any of its officials will NOT be responsible for the same.
- The decision of the Admission Committee on the candidate is final and binding.
Director - Admissions
- M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences
University House, Gnanagangothri Campus
New BEL Road, MSR Nagar, Bangalore - 560054
- +91 80 4536 6616