Dr Shivanand Madolappa joined the Department of Physics at RUAS as an Assistant Professor in 2017. He draws upon 3 years of academic and 9 years of research experience while advising MS students on their thesis preparation. He has taught modules such as Mathematical Methods of Physics, Solid State Physics, Physics of Nanomaterials, Materials Science, Instrumentation and Experimental Techniques as well as Engineering Physics.
He holds a PhD degree from Gulbarga University in Kalburgi (2013). He is the recipient of Dr D S Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship and was chosen as a Research Fellow in Science for Meritorious Student (RFSMS) by UGC New Delhi.
Ph.D in Materials Science
Gulbarga University, Kalaburgi
Gulbarga University, Kalaburgi
SSKB College, Basavakalyan
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience :
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Physics ( P. G. Level) — Acharya Institute of Graduate Studies, Soladevanahalli, Bangalore — 1 Year (2016 to 2017)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore — 3 Years (2017 to till date)
Research and Industry Experience:
- Publication and Patents Co-ordinator for Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences 2009 to 2013 – Research fellow, Department of Materials Science, Gulbarga University, Kalaburgi.
- Dr. D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellow, Materials Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (2013−2018)
Dielectrics, Piezoelectric, Ferroelectric, Multiferroic, Nanomaterials, Carbon Materials, Energy Harvesting, Materials Science, Condensed matter physics, Solid state physics
Synthesis of Nano and bulk materials, Synthesis of ABO3 Perovskite materials, Structural analysis of Inorganic materials, Rietveld refinement, Microstructural analysis (SEM and TEM), Electrical parameter study such as dielectric, ferroelectric, thermoelectric and magnetic.
- Carbon Materials
- Materials Science
- Solid state physics
- Synthesis of Nano and bulk materials
- thermoelectric and magnetic
Studies on synthesis and properties of modified Barium titanate and CNT-reinforced ceramics
International Journal Papers:
- L. Rao, B. Pahari, S. Madolappa, T. Shet, and K. V. Ramanathan NMR investigations unveil phase composition−property correlations in Sr0.55Na0.45SiO2.775 fast ion conductor, Solid state nuclear magnetic resonance Vol 24 204 – 209 2017
- S. Madolappa, B. Ponraj, R. Bhimireddi and K. B. R. Varma, Enhanced magnetic and dielectric properties of Ti-doped YFeO3 ceramics, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 100 (6): 2641 – 2650 (2017)
- S. Madolappa, S. Kundu, R. Bhimireddi and K. B. R. Varma Improved insulating Characteristic of Pr-doped BiFeO3 ceramics prepared by sol-gel route, Mater. Res. Express 3, 065009, (2016)
- S. Madolappa, A. V. Anupama, P. W. Jaschin, K. B. R. Varma and B. Sahoo, Improved ferroelectric and magnetic characteristics of Gd3+ and Ti4+co-doped BiFeO3 multiferroic, Bulletin of Materials Science, 39(2): 593 – 601, (2016)
- S. Madolappa, R. Sagar, N. Sharanappa, R. L. Raibagkar, Investigation on microstructure and dielectric behavior of (Ba0.999-xGd0.001Crx)TiO3, Bulletin of Materials Science, 36(4): 601 – 606, (2013)
- S. Madolappa, R. Sagar, N. Sharanappa, R. L. Raibagkar, PTCR and Thermoelectric properties of isovalent co-doped BaTiO3 nanoceramics, Ferroelectric Letters Section, 39: 20 – 24, (2012)
- S. Madolappa, R. Sagar and R. L. Raibagkar, Synthesis, structure and electrical investigation of Gd- and Cr-doped BaTiO3 nano particle ceramics, Ferroelectrics, 413: 37 – 45, (2011)
- N. Sharanappa, S. Madolappa, R. Sagar, R. L. Raibagkar, PTCR-NTCR composite behavior of bismuth titanate ceramics, AIP conference Proceeding, 1536: 561 – 562 (2013)
- C. M. Tavade, N. Sharanappa, S. Madolappa, R. Sagar, R. L. Raibagkar, Temperature dependent impedance behavior of (Ba0.6Sr0.4)(Zr0.65Ti0.35)O3, AIP conference Proceeding, 1536: 563 – 564 (2013)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa and R. L. Raibagkar, Synthesis, structure and electrical studies of praseodumium doped barium zirconium titanate, Materials Chemistry and physics, 140(1): 119 – 125 (2013)
- C. M. Tawade, S. Madolappa, N. Sharanappa, and R. L Raibagkar, Microstructural and electrical study of (Ba0.6Sr0.4) (Zr1-xTix)O3 ceramics, International journal of research in engineering and technology, 2(08): 184 – 187 (2013).
- R. Sagar, P. Hudge, S. Madolappa, A. C. Kumbharkhane and R. L. Raibagkar, Electrical properties and microwave dielectric behavior of holmium substituted barium zirconium titanate ceramics, Journal of Alloys and Compound 537: 197 – 202 (2012)
- N. Sharanappa, S. Madolappa, R. Sagar, R. L. Raibagkar, Synthesis, structure, thermal and electrical behavior of La-doped bismuth titanate ceramics, Ferroelectrics Letters section, 39: 81 – 87 (2012)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa and R. L. Raibagkar, Electrical, dielectric and pyroelectric behavior of Neodymium substituted barium zirconium titanate, Solid State Sciences 14: 211 – 215 (2012)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa and R. L. Raibagkar, NTCR behavior of Sm-substituted barium zirconium titanate nanocrystalline solid solution, Solid State Communications 151: 1949 – 1952 (2011)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa and R. L. Raibagkar, Diffuse phase transition and pyroelectric behavior of cerium doped Ba(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3, Ferroelectrics Letters section, 38:128 – 133 (2011)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa and R. L. Raibagkar, Surface Morphology and Dielectric Behavior of Gd-Doped Ba(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3 Nanocrystalline Ceramics, Transaction of Indian Ceramic Society, 70 : 71 – 77 (2011)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa, and R. L. Raibagkar, Dielectric and Impedance Studies of Ce-Doped Ba(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 130:21 – 26 (2011)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa, R. L. Raibagkar, Surface Morphology and Dielectric Studies of Zr4+-Rich Barium Titanate, American Institutes of Physics Conference Proceeding, 1349: 645 – 646 (2011)
- R. Sagar, S. Madolappa, and R. L. Raibagkar, Structural and Transport Properties of Ba1-2xGd2x(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3 nanocrystals, Bionano Frontier, Spl. Issue 221 – 225 (2010).
- . M. Tavade, R. Sagar, S. Madolappa and R. L. Raibagkar, Synthesis and structural parameters of (Ba0.6Sr0.4)(Zr1-xTix)O3 (x = 0.4 and 0.5) nanoceramics, World Journal of Science and Technology, 1 12 – 14 (2011)
- S. Madolappa, N. Punia, H. Choudhary, B. Sahoo, Defect structure and giant dielectric properties of Mn doped Bi0.5Na0.5TiO3 (Under preparation)
Book Authored: 03
- Magnetic and dielectric studies of Ti-doped YFeO3 ceramics, LAP LAMBERT academic publishing, ISBN: 978−613−9−81571−5
- Synthesis and studies of pr-doped BiFeO3 nano ceramics, LAP LAMBERT academic publishing, ISBN: 978−613−9−58409−3
- Dielectric and magnetic properties of co-doped BiFeO3 ceramics, LAP LAMBERT academic publishing, ISBN: 978−3−659−97701−5.
- Dr. D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship- (UGC-New Delhi)
- UGC- Research fellowship in science for meritorious students to promote quality research in Universities/Department 2010-11
- Materials Research Society of India prize for the Best paper published in the Bulletin of Materials Science entitled Magnetic and Ferroelectric characteristics of Gd3+ and Ti4+co-doped BiFeO3 ceramics, Vol.39, No.2 April 2016 pp 593 – 601.
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship (UGC-New Delhi).
- Research Fellow in Science for Meritorious Student (RFSMS) (UGCNew Delhi)