Was awarded Ph.D. in Law from CMR University and presented thesis titled – ‘The Need for A Gender-Neutral Law on Sexual Harassment at Workplace: A Legal Study’. A State topper in LL.M. with a specialization in Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Law. Has been teaching law to Post Graduate and Under Graduate students for more than a decade now and has taught almost all core law subjects including Contact ‑I, Constitution of India, Family Law II (Muslim Law), Law and Justice in the Globalizing World, Indian Penal Code, Law of Evidence, Transfer of Property, Interpretation of Statutes, IPR and Cyber law, Administrative Law, Jurisprudence, Penology and Victimology, Legislative Drafting, Civil Procedure Code, Criminal Procedure Code, Law of Torts, Professional Ethics, ADRS, Environmental Law, Right to Information, Women and Criminal Law.
Was also the Internship and Placement Cell Coordinator, Chairperson of Anti-Sexual
Harassment Cell of CMRU School of Legal Studies, Chairperson of the Anti-Ragging Cell and the Equal Opportunity Committee. Has corporate experience of a decade including handling risk and compliance for HSBC. Practiced as an advocate with the trial courts and High Court of Karnataka for more than 4 years and handled various civil, criminal and company matters.
Convenor of the CMRU research and consultation team working with National Law School of India University (NLSIU) in Drafting project on the Model Karnataka Municipalities Bill in drafting a unified code for Karnataka (a Karnataka Government Project). Drafted and mooted the ‘Draft Regulations of the Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment, 2019’ for CMR University. Member of the Intellectual Property Policy drafting and vetting committee for CMR University. Vetted POSH Policies and Procedures for several private companies.
Has authored 11 Research papers and 3 book chapters on various contemporary issues of law in esteemed journals and publications. Has conducted sensitization programmes on Anti- Sexual Harassment for corporates and educational institutions. Has attended more than 16 International and National Conferences and presented papers. Has also given talks on Child Rights, Intellectual Property and Cyber Crimes, Awareness on Sexual Harassment which is available on YouTube.
LL.M. (IPR & TL)
LL.M. (IPR & TL)
- Sensitization session on Women Empowerment in ABS Aircon Engineers.
- Awareness session on “Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace’ to the employees of Century Real Estate on 27 March 2019.
- Invited to give an Overview on Anti-Sexual Harassment at Workplace to employees of ISSL CPG.
- Was External IC member of the POSH committee at Brindavan Tex Processors Private Limited, Tungabhadra Tex Processors Private Limited, Mercury Management and Technical Services Private Limited and Century Real Estate Holdings Private Limited.
- Conducted Certificate course on Cybersecurity at CMR University.
- Gave a talk on ‘Sexual Harassment of Women at workplace’ to MBA students at CMR University.
Gender studies, Medical Laws, Artificial Intelligence
The Need for A Gender-Neutral Law on Sexual Harassment at Workplace: A Legal Study
National Conference Papers
- Presented paper on ‘Women Empowerment and Anti Sexual Harassment Laws — Is It an Adulation?’ at the National Seminar on Marking the Position of Women in the Criminal Justice System by CMR University, 2017.
- Published article on ‘Human Rights Protection in Cyberspace — Uniform Dispute Resolution System as the Most Effectual Means’ in the National Seminar on International Human Rights Law: prospects and Challenges by RGNUL, Punjab, 2016, ISBN No. 978−93−84166−18−2.
- Presented and published paper on ‘Gender Neutrality as the Fortitude of Human Rights’ during the National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Human Rights by VIT Law School, 2016, ISBN No. 978−93−81992−87−8 (pg. 769 – 776).
- Published a paper titled — ‘Gender Neutral Laws — the Probable Solution to Combat Gender Based Discrimination’ in National Seminar on Women Empowerment — A PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS Global Initiative for closing Gender Gap conducted by Central University of Karnataka in 2015, ISBN No. 978−93−83193−76−9.
- Published a paper titled ‘Legal Education- The Need for Legal Ethics’ in the International seminar on Different Perspectives of Education in Modern Society, at JRSET College of Education in 2015, ISBN No. 978−93−84472−08−5 (pg. 107 – 112)
International Conference Papers
- Presented paper on ‘Gender Neutrality and Not, Gender Equality as a Cogent Means to Women Empowerment’ at the International Conference on Gender Equality through the Strategy of Gender Mainstreaming by Presidency University, 2018.
- Presented and Published a paper on ‘Exclusion of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace in the Armed Forces: Reasons and Perspectives’ in the International Conference on Human Rights in India — Current Issues and challenges by Annamalai University, 2016, ISBN No. 978−93−85517−17−4.