Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences offers students the option of Lateral Entry into certain programs. This allows students to enter a program in its 2nd Year (3rd Semester) provided they meet the other admission criteria.
Lateral Entry gives students greater flexibility over their academic journey as well as the opportunity to join the RUAS family at a later date.
At the University, they will experience the RUAS approach to education, which emphasizes experiential learning and a synergistic equation between industry, society, and academics.
Interested candidates must meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by statutory bodies like AICTE, Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), etc.
List of Programmes that allow Lateral Entry
- B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B. Tech in Automotive Engineering
- B. Tech in Civil Engineering
- B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B. Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B. Tech in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- B. Tech in Information Science Engineering
- B. Tech in Mathematics & Computing
- B. Tech in Robotics
- Should have passed diploma examination with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserve category) in the appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology from an approved institution.
- Should have passed B.Sc. with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to the reserved category) from a university recognized by the UGC.
- Should have passed Class 12 exams with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.
Candidates must appear and qualify for the Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore, Govt. of Karnataka
CET Code: E235
Admission for 2nd Year, 3rd Semester of Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy is open to candidates who hold a Diploma in Pharmacy.
Candidates must appear and qualify the Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore, Govt. of Karnataka
CET Code: B030
B.Design – Fashion Design
3‑year Diploma holders of Fashion Design, Apparel Design and Fabrication Technology (ADFT), Handloom Technology, Textile Technology and other allied disciplines from recognised Central or State Boards can opt for Lateral Entry.
Director - Admissions
- M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences
University House, Gnanagangothri Campus
New BEL Road, MSR Nagar, Bangalore - 560054
- +91 80 4536 6616