Mrs Swathi Prasad B K works as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering, RUAS and has a decade of academic teaching and research experience to her credit. Having done her Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Master’s degree in Control Systems, she is now studying for her PhD degree in Control Systems. Her research activities are focused on topics such as control systems, machine learning and finite element analysis of electrical machines.
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
M Tech in Control Systems
Manipal Institute of Technology
B E in Electrical and Electronics
Total years of Experience :
- Teaching Assistant – Manipal Institute of Technology – 1 Year (2010 ‑2011)
- Assistant Professor Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering – M S Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies – 2 Years (2012 — 2014)
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences — Bangalore — 6 Years (July 2014 ‑Present)
Research and Industrial Experience
- Project Trainee – ISRO, HAL Main Road — Bangalore — 1 Year (2011 — 2012)
- Associate Head, Innovation Centre — M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences – (2017 — Till Present)
- Invited Lectures: Introduction to Control Systems – CAIR, DRDO, Bangalore – January 2016
- Invited Lectures: Modeling and Control for DC Machines — Centre for Professional Development and technology management, Robert Bosch, Bangalore – March 2015
Control Systems, Machine Learning, Finite Element Analysis of Electric Machines
- Control Systems
- Machine Learning
- Electric Machines
- Machine Theory
- Artificial Intelligence
Development of Adaptive Control Algorithms for Polygonal Formation and Transition in MAS for Robotic Applications — Ongoing
International Conferences : 8
- Rakhee Vijayan, BK Swathi Prasad, AT Sriram, 2015, August. Simulation of sliding mode controller of boost converter for fuel cell hybrid electric vehicle. In 2015 IEEE International Transportation Electrification Conference (ITEC), Chennai, India.
- BK Swathi Prasad, Aditya G Manjunath, Hariharan Ramasangu, 2016, July. Flocking trajectory control under faulty leader: Energy-level based election of leader. In 2016 IEEE 1st International Conference on Power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy Systems (ICPEICES). Delhi, India.
- BK Swathi Prasad, Aditya G Manjunath, Hariharan Ramasangu, 2016, September. Multi-agent trajectory control under faulty leader: Energy-level based leader election under constant velocity. In 2016 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), Jaipur, India.
- R Anushree, BK Swathi Prasad, 2016, December. Design and development of novel control strategy for trajectory tracking of mobile robot: Featured with tracking error minimization. In 2016 IEEE Annual India Conference (INDICON). Bangalore, India.
- BK Swathi Prasad, Aditya G Manjunath, Hariharan Ramasangu. 2017, February. Multi-agent Polygon Formation using Reinforcement Learning. In ICAART.
- BK Swathi Prasad, Hariharan Ramasangu. 2017, September. Goal-based multi-agent tree formation using reinforcement learning. 2017 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI). Udupi, Karnataka.
- BK Swathi Prasad, Hariharan Ramasangu. 2018, September. Trajectory Tracking by Multi-Agent in Octagonal Formation using Conventional and Adaptive Control. 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI). Bangalore, India.
- BK Swathi Prasad, D Sunil, Ashok Gowda. 2019, August. Development of Integrated Health Care App for Non-Invasive Bio-Medical Application. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing, VLSI, Electrical Circuits and Robotics (DISCOVER). Manipal, Karnataka.
- Grant Application Acceptance for ICAART Conference – 134 EUR for registration
- Exemplifying performance certificate for project trainee at ISRO, Bangalore
- Competitions: Received a cheque of Rs. 10000 for clearing phase 2 of DRUSE, DRDO
- Received few 100$ worth products for TI Innovation projects
- Represented as a coach for WRO competitions