Sahana. P. Shankar completed her B.E in Information Science and Engineering and MTech in Software Engineering from Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore. She is a third rank holder in B.E and a first rank holder with gold medal in MTech. She has worked with Unisys as Associate Engineer in the Software Product Testing domain for three years. She holds a US Patent bearing patent number US20160034382. She has worked with RIT as a Teaching Assistant for 6 months under the TEQIP-II scholarship program. She has published papers in various national and international journals and conferences. She has also authored several book chapters. She is an ISTQB certified software tester. She is currently working with Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
M.Tech in Software Engineering
Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
B.E in Information Science and Engineering
Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
Total years of Experience :
5 years 6 months
- Teaching Assistant (TEQIP-II) — M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore — 6 months (2017)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science Engineering‑M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru — 2+ Years (September 2018 — present)
- Associate Engineer-Unisys, Bangalore — 3 years(2011 — 2014)
Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Mining
Software Engineering, Software Quality, Regression Testing, Defect Prediction
- Software Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Software Quality
- Regression Testing
- Defect Prediction
International Conference Papers:
- Presented White Paper on “Exploratory Testing in Agile Methodology for System Testing” at 12th International Software Testing Conference 2012, Regional Qualifying Round.
- “Intelligent Chatbot for Requirements Elicitation and Classification” 2019 4th International Conference on Recent Trends on Electronics, Information, Communication & Technology (RTEICT-2019).
International Journal Papers:
- Published White paper on “Comparative analysis of the various data mining techniques for defect prediction using the NASA MDP datasets for better quality of the software product” in the journal “Advances in Computational Sciences and Technology. (ACST), ISSN 0973 – 6107Volume 10, Number 7 (2017), pp 2005 – 2017.
- ‘Community based Approach for Better Software Team Management‑A New Methodology for Cost Curtailment’ in Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol9(42), DOI:10.17485/IJST/2016/v9i42/100596, November 2016.
Chapters in Books:
- Book chapter on “Application of Design Thinking to various phases of Software Development Life Cycle” for the upcoming book, “Handbook of Research on Engineering Innovations and Technology Management in Organizations. “IGI Global, USA (Proposal accepted, working on full chapter) June 2019.
- Patent granted by the United States bearing patent number-US20160034382 for research and invention in software engineering domain-‘Automated regression test case selector and black box test coverage tool for product testing’, 2015
- E.Naresh, B.P.Vijay Kumar, Ayesha and Sahana.P.Shankar. 2020. Springer: Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning Principles for Bioinformatics Techniques, Tools, and Applications. Book Chapter. ISBN 978−981−15−2445−5. Pages 41 – 62
- Satyajit Ghana., Shikar Singh., Aryan Jalali., Vivek Badani., and Sahana.P.Shankar., 2019, October. Adaptive Visual Learning using Augmented Reality and Machine Learning Techniques. In 2nd International Conference on Recent Innovative Trends in Computer Science and Applications (ICRITCSA 2019). Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- Naresh E., Madhuri D Naik., M. Niranjanamurthy and Sahana P Shankar., 2019, October. Functional testing on heart disease detection using multilayer perceptron technique. In 2nd International Conference on Recent Innovative Trends in Computer Science and Applications (ICRITCSA 2019). Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore. (SCOPUS INDEXED)
- Chetan Surana, Shriya, Dipesh B Gupta, Sahana.P.Shankar, 2020, Intelligent Chatbot for Requirements Elicitation and Classification 4th International Conference on Recent Trends on Electronics, Information, Communication & Technology (RTEICT-2019), May 17th & 18th 2019.IEEE
- Sahana.P.Shankar, Harshit Agrawal, Naresh E, 2020, A survey on Different Approaches to Automating the Design Phase in the Software Development Life Cycle. Handbook of Research on Engineering Innovations and Technology Management in Organizations. ISBN10: 1799827720. DOI: 10.4018÷978−1−7998−2772−6.
- Sahana.P.Shankar, Supriya M.S, Naresh E, 2020, Application of Design Thinking Methodology to the Various Phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Handbook of Research on Engineering Innovations and Technology Management in Organizations. ISBN10: 1799827720. DOI: 10.4018÷978−1−7998−2772−6.
- Prabhakar Ananthaswamy, Sahana.P.Shankar, 2020, Knowledge Management in Academics: A New Perspective. Handbook of Research on Engineering Innovations and Technology Management in Organizations. ISBN10: 1799827720. DOI: 10.4018÷978−1−7998−2772−6
- 3rd Rank University Rank Holder‑B.E
- Gold Medal, 1stRank-MTech
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Profession’ for completing Foundation Level Certificate in Software Testing by Indian Testing Board-ISTQB on 24th December 2011.
- Awarded ‘Best Paper’ award by Unisys India in the Think 20/20 Paper Contest held as a part of UniLight 2013.
- Awarded Certificate of Achievement from Apple Authorized Training Centre for having successfully completed “iOS L1: iOS Application Development Programme” granted by STYRE in January 2017.
- Won 9th place in Karnataka State Level Yoga Championship conducted by Karnataka Yoga Association held during August 2013.
- Won 3rd place in 11th Open South Indian Yoga Sana Championship-2013 conducted by SGS International Yoga Foundation College and Research Center.