Mrs Nagaveni K is working as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Fashion Design under the Faculty of Art and Design since 2014. Previously, she had enjoyed a ten-year tenure as an Associate Professor at KLE’s S Nijalingappa College, Rajajinagar, Bangalore. She had also been a Guest Faculty at Government Sri Krishnarajendra Silver Jubilee Technological Institute, Bangalore during the years 2002 to 2004.
She has a Bachelor’s degree in Silk Technology from Bangalore University (2001 and a Master’s degree in Textiles from Visvesvaraya Technological University (2004). Her focus areas in research are textiles, wet processing, testing and fashion design.
M. Tech in Textiles
Visvesvaraya Technological University
B. Tech in Silk Technology
Total years of experience
- Assistant Professor Department of Fashion Design July 2014 — present
- Assistant Professor KLE’s S Nijalingappa College, Rajajinagar Bangalore 2004 — 2014 (10 years)
- Guest Faculty Govt. Sri Krishanarajendra Silver Jubilee Technological Institute, Bangalore 2002 — 2004
- Professional Training in Apparel Marketing and Merchandising.
- Certificate Course: Training of Trainer program of The Apparel Made ups & Home furnishing Sector Skill Council in the job role of Sewing Machine Operator, AMH/Q0301, and NSQF Level 4 3. Conducted Sewing Machine Operation Course for 3 batches, under Nuthana Javalli Neethi 2013 — 2018
Textiles, Wetprocessing, Testing and Fashion Design
Textile science, Wet processing, Testing, Quality control, Surface ornamentation and Fashion Design.
National Conference Papers
- “Value added finishes on Khadi”, G.V. Naidu College, Kovilpatti, 2012
- “Clothing Hierarchy of Needs- Gender Budgeting in India: emerging Issues and Challenges”, ABBS Centre for Research and Development, Acharya Bangalore B School, 2014, Bangalore.
- “Bio-Inspired Cocoon Based Composite Clothing for Protection for Elderly People” Twenty-ninth National Convention of Textile Engineers on “Contemporary Approaches of Make In India Concepts in Textiles and Apparel Industries” poster presentation on 26th and 27th February 2016, Bangalore.
International Conference Papers
- “Improving the performance of Khadi Fabrics by Chemical Finishing”, Sardar Vallabhai Patel school for Textiles and Management, Coimbatore, 2012
- “Arecanut by- Product into Textiles: Dyeing of Cotton Using Arecanut Extract”, Dayanand Sagar Institutions, Bangalore, 2015
- “Review on elderly clothing needs”, International conference Social Transformation and Cultural Change in South Asia: From the Perspectives of the socio Economic Periphery, Japan, 2015.
- “Review on Self-Protective Textiles for Day to Day Use in Summer Season”, 6th International Conference on Science Technology and management, Institution of Engineers, Chandigarh India. 2019.
- “A Pragmatic Study on Enhancing Performance of Gym Apparels Utilizing Activated Charcoal” One day International Conference on Multidisciplinary research on Challenges to Change and development on 19th Feb 2020 at VET First grade College, Bangalore.
- “Amplifying The Performance Of Cotton Khadi Fabrics: A Practical Approach” One day International Conference on Multidisciplinary research on Challenges to Change and development on 19th Feb 2020 at VET First grade College, Bangalore. International Journal
- “Creative Learning through Art of Visualization”, International Journal of Allied Practice, Research and Review, 2015
- “Review on Self-Protective Textiles for Day to Day Use in Summer Season”, International Journal of Engineering, Technology, Science and Research, Volume 6, Issue 7, July 2019
First place for the paper presentation on “Value added finishes on Khadi” at National conference , G V Naidu College, Kovilpatti Tamilnadu, 2012.
- Set up of “Centre of Excellence in Garment Design, Garment Manufacturing and Quality Control”, established under the scheme of Nuthana Javali Neethi 2013 – 18, Dept. of Handloom and Textiles, Govt. of Karnataka 2017 through a grant of Rs 86 lakhs
- Set up of the academics and laboratories for B.Des and M. Des in Fashion Design at MSRUAS 3.BOS Member, Faculty of Art and Design, MSRUAS
- Designing of Academic Convocation gowns for university
- Faculty Co-ordinator for Book of Student Group Project and Dissertation Abstract Editorial Committee – PG and UG MSRUAS
- Research Co-ordinator, Faculty of Art and Design, MSRUAS 7. Member of NAAC committee in KLESNC 8. Organized various fashion shows “Prathibimba” – A‑la-Mode Designer show and intercollegiate competitions exhibitions “Prerana” – Earn While you Learn for KLESNC.
- Video shoot on ‘Block Printing Techniques’ Telecasted in Udaya TV in Siri Program in 2010. 10. Jury member for Prathibimba 2016 held on 5th and 6th April 2016 at KLE’s S Nijalingappa College, Bangalore ”Organized by: Dept. of Fashion Technology and Apparel Design KLE’s S Nijalingappa College.
- Evaluation of ADFT Dept. and Staff, Ramaiah Polytechnic, Bangalore on 28th June 2019” Organized by: Ramaiah Polytechnic.
- Judge for Tekno Fest 2020 for Assessment of Fashion Show scheduled from 10 to 12PM on 28th Feb 2020 ” Organized by: Ramaiah Polytechnic
Textile Association of India
Kannada Sahitya Parishath