Ms Maya Pai M is a Tutor at the Department of Chemistry that comes under the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, RUAS which she joined in 2014. Prior to that, she worked in the capacity of a Senior Research Associate at Syngene International Limited (A BIOCON company) (2008 – 2013) before joining as a teacher at Amarvani International Public School (2013 – 2014). She completed her Master’s degree in Applied Chemistry at Mangalore University. At present, she is studying for her Doctor of Philosophy degree on Organic Solar Cells at RUAS.
Ph.D in Organic Solar cells - pursuing
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
M.Sc. in Applied Chemistry
Total Experience: 13 years 9 Months
Academic: 9 year 9Months
Industry: 4 year
Working as a Tutor M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences since 2014 till to date
Worked as a Research associate in syngene international ltd. A Biocon Company from 2008 – 2012
Teacher for Secondary school at Amarvani International Public School from 2013 – 14
- Syngene Intl ltd, A Biocon company, served as scientist from August 2008 to November 2012
- Amaravani international school, Bangalore served as secondary school teacher from June 2013 to August 2014.
- Ramiaha University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore serving as Tutor from September 2014 to till date.
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Catalysis, Energy materials
- Expertise: Synthesis and characterization of novel Heterocyclic molecules for pharmaceutical and solar energy applications
- Skilled in the Characterization of organic compounds using of NMR (1H, 13C), MS, IR, UV-VIS spectroscopy data’s
- Research Expertise: Handling UV instrument
- synthesis of organic molecules for OLED
- solar applications
- Handling UV instrument
- ‘’Synthesis and Performance Evaluation of Thienoisoindego Based Conducting Polymers for Organic Photovoltaic Application’’
National Conference Papers
- Maya Pai M and Sheetal R Batakurki. (2021) Synthesis and Evaluation of Free Radical Scavenging Potential of Novel 4H-Thieno[2,2‑B]Pyrrole‑4,5(6H)-Dione, 13th National Women’s Science Congress held on 20 – 21 November, 2021, NMKRVCW, Bangalore
International Conference Papers:
- Maya Pai M , Niveditha N M & Sheetal R Batkurki Evaluation of DPPH Free Radical Scavenging activity of Saussurea Lappa Root extract with that of Saussurea Lappa root extract encapsulated in chitosan
International Journal Papers
- Pai M, M., Batakurki, S.R., Yallur, B.C. et al. Green Synthesis of Chitosan Supported Magnetic Palladium Nanoparticles Using Epiphyllum oxypetalum Leaf Extract (Pd-CsEo/Fe3O4 NPs) as Hybrid Nanocatalyst for Suzuki – Miyaura Coupling of Thiophene. Top Catal (2022).
- Pai, M.M., Yallur, B.C., Batakurki, S. and Kendrekar, P., 2022. Facile Synthesis of Chitosan-ZnO-α-Fe2O3 as Hybrid Nanocatalyst and Their Application in Nitrothiopheneacetate Reduction and Cyclization of Aminothiopheneacetate. Topics in Catalysis, pp.1 – 9
- Gadgoli, U.B., Kumar, D., Pai, M.M., Pulya, S., Ghosh, B. and Kulkarni, O.P., 2022. Estrogenic Activity of Tetrazole Derivatives Bearing Bisphenol Structures: Computational Studies, Synthesis, and In Vitro Assessment. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 62(4), pp.854 – 873.
- Batakurki, S.R., Adimule, V., Pai, M.M., Ahmed, E. and Kendrekar, P., 2022. Synthesis of Cs-Ag/Fe2O3 Nanoparticles Using Vitis labrusca Rachis Extract as Green Hybrid Nanocatalyst for the Reduction of Arylnitro Compounds. Topics in Catalysis, pp.1 – 14.
- Anantharamaiah, P.N., Mondal, S., Manasa, K.S., Saha, S. and Pai, M., 2020. Enhancing the catalytic activity of recyclable nanocrystalline NiFe2O4 by replacing Ni by Cu. Ceramics International, 46(1), pp.1220 – 1226.
Awarded star performer award in 2011 for research work at Syngene International Limited (Biocon)