Mrs Archana P Patil is an Assistant Professor and Academic Registrar at the Faculty of Art and Design, RUAS since 2014. She began her long association with the university in 2004 as a Web Developer for two years before taking on the roles of a Lecturer (2007), Senior Lecturer (2008 – 2011) and becoming an Assistant Professor in 2011. Her chief focus in research involves computer graphics, scientific data visualisation, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, game design and development and software development.
She enrolled into Coventry University of the UK for her Master’s in Engineering degree, specialising in computer graphics and virtual reality (2007). Earlier, she had studied for a Diploma (Licentiate) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at VJTI, Mumbai (1993). Her career in industry included working as an In-plant Trainee at L&T, Mumbai (1991 – 1992) and Siemens, Nasik (1993) and as a QA Engineer at Ultra Tek Devices, Mumbai (1994 – 1998).
M.Sc. Engineering in Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality
Coventry University UK
Diploma of Licentiate of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Total years of experience
- Assistant Professor and Academic Registrar Faculty of Art and Design, RUAS August 2014 — present
- Assistant Professor M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies April 2011 — July 2014.
- Senior Lecturer M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies January 2008 — March 2011
- Lecturer M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies January 2007 — December 2007
- Web developer M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies December 2004 — December 2006
- QA Engineer M/s Ultra Tek Devices Ltd. Mumbai January 1994 — June 1998
- In-plant Trainee M/s Siemens Ltd. Nasik January 93 — July 93
- In-plant Trainee M/s L&T Ltd. Mumbai July 91 — January 92
Computer graphics, Scientific data visualisation, Artificial Intelligence, virtual reality, game design and development, and software development
Development of Computer Graphics Applications
- Computer graphics
- Scientific data visualisation
- Artificial Intelligence
National Conference Papers
Archana Patil and Harshal Sawant, Generation of Stereoscopic Images through Virtual Vehicle’s Vision from Real Terrain Geometric Model, international conference on Trends in Product life cycle Modeling, Simulation and Synthesis Bangalore, India, 17 – 19 November 2008.
International Conference Papers
Bindu S. Reddy, Harshal M. Sawant, Archana Patil, Dr. Roland E.Haas, Dynamic Character Animation Based on User’s Motion on Pressure Pad, International conference on Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality, 2009, Las Vegas, USA
National Journal Papers
- Purushotham Rao Nikkam D., Harshal Sawant, Archana Patil (April 2008) Development of Motion Tracking Based Running Exergame, SASTech Journal, Vol 07, Issue 1
- Jubin Philip Thomas, Harshal Sawant, Vinod Banthia, Archana Patil (Sept 2009), Prototype for an Interactive Traffic Simulator, SASTech Journal, Vol 08, Issue 2
- Sivaranjani Gali and Archana Patil (August 2018), The Technology of Haptics in Dental Education, Journal of Dental & Orofacial Research, Vol 14, Issue 2
Awarded “Gold Medal” in MSc [Engineering] in Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality
- Successfully completed an industrial project “Development of a Chip Volume Computation Module for Turning Operations in CADEM CAPSturn Software”
- Worked on consultancy projects like visualization of assembly sequence of Centrifuge Assembly, Dunk Body visualization and its functionality simulation etc.
- Established Programme Operations and Examination & Assessment section at Faculty of Art and Design, M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences.
- Ensured smooth operation of UG and PG academic programmes by managing all academic and administrative matters. Documentation and maintenance of all the academic records, scheduling and conduction of examinations, evaluation, results compilation and declaration