A Mechanical Engineer from Bangalore Institute of Technology (2003), Mr Vijaya Kumar S worked in the manufacturing industry for two years in various capacities. In 2005, he entered academia on joining RUAS as a training engineer. He took up a Master’s degree in Engineering and Manufacturing Management from MSRSAS (2010). In parallel, Mr Vijaya Kumar became an Assistant Professor and has continued in that capacity with the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering since 2014. He has taught several programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and offered corporate training programs for various industries. His research interests run into areas like manufacturing and services operations management. He is currently pursuing his PhD in Supply Chain Risk Management in the Healthcare Sector.
M. Sc. [Engg.] in Engineering and Manufacturing Management
M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, Affiliated to Coventry University, UK
B. E. in Mechanical Engineering
Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
Total Experience: 16 Years 7 months
Industry: 2 year
Academic: 14 years 7 months
Sr. Engineer — M/s. Hydraulics India Manufacturing and Services Pvt. Ltd, Bengaluru, (from March 2004 to July 2005)
Sr. Training Engineer and Lecturer — at M S Ramaiah School of Applied Sciences, (from December 2005to 2010)
Asst. Professor — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, (from December2010to Till Date)
Research –Co ‑Principal Investigator — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, (from 2017 to 2018)
Project Management, Product Tracebility and ERP Tool
Research Interest: Supply Chain and Operations Management
Research Expertise: Supply Chain, Lean and Manufacturing Management
- Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Lean and Manufacturing Management
Ph.D. Dissertation: In progress
- Field of Supply Chain Risk Management in Health Care Sector
National Conference Papers:01
- Vijaya Kumar, S., Sreejesh, P. and Subash Sundar (2015) Delivery Performance Improvement of an Automotive Part using DMAIC Approach, XIX Annual Conference of Society of Operations Management, IIM, Calcutta.
International Conference Papers:02
- Sidhun, M. K., Vijaya Kumar, S. and Ravish Hegde (2014) Implementation of FIFO Inventory Control Technique in a Fluid Transmission Unit, XVIII Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management, IIT Roorkee, pp. 524 – 531.
- Jerome Paul Clinton, Vijaya Kumar, S. and Rao L. N. (2016) Improvement in Jobwork Procurement Flow in an Auto Component Industry using VSME Programme, International Conference on E‑Business and Supply Chain Competitiveness, IIT, Kharagpur.
National Journal Papers:01
- Sandeep, N. and Vijaya Kumar, S. (2016) Decision Support Framework for Effective Disposal of Municipal Wastes for Indian Cities, SASTECH J., 15(2), pp. 5 – 8.
International Journal Papers:01
- Vijaya Kumar, S., Mani, V. G. S. and Devraj. N. (2014) Production Planning and Process Improvement in an Impeller Manufacturing Using Scheduling and OEE Techniques, J. of Procedia Materials Science, vol. 5, pp. 1710 – 1715.
- S. Vijaya Kumar et al “System and Apparatus for Paddy Transplantation”, Indian Patent Application: 1185/CHE/2014, March 7, 2014.