Mr Vignesh Ravichandran became an Assistant Professor in 2012 and is currently a member of the Faculty of Art and Design at RUAS. He began his career as an Intern at Tool Tech Solutions (2009 – 2010). He is engaged in research activities varying from sculpture and installation design to interaction design and lighting – design, design history and photography.
He graduated in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University (2009) and completed his Master’s in Product Design from Coventry University — MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies (2012).
BE Mechanical Engineering
Visvesvaraya Technological University
MSc Product Design Coventry University
Coventry University - MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies
Total years of experience
- Assistant Professor RUAS 2014 — Present
- Assistant Professor MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies 2012 — 2014
Tool Tech Solutions 2009 — 2010
- Ergonomics and Human Factors in Vehicle Design, General Motors 2 Day Seminar
- Innovation and Product Design,2 Day Seminar
- Transportation Design, 2 Day Seminar
Sculpture and Installation Design, Interaction Design, Lighting Design, Design History, Photography
Product Photography, Ergonomics in Product Design
National Journal Papers
- T. Sooraj , H. S. Lohit , Mr. Vignesh Ravichandran (May 2013) ‘Design Of Design Of Learning Aids For Children With Down Syndrome’, SASTech, Volume 12(Issue 1), pp. 98 — 107.
- N.P. Anuraj, Srinivasa, Vignesh Ravichandran (September 2013) ‘Design Of A Food Trolley For Hospitals In India’, SASTech Journal, Volume 12(Issue 2), pp. 90 — 98.
- Tom K. Philip, M. Sivapragasam, Vignesh Ravichandran (September 2013) ‘Design Of An Automotive Headlamp Considering Style And Performance’, SASTech, Volume 12(Issue 2), pp. 46 — 51.
- D. Saravanan, H. S. Lohit, Vignesh Ravichandran (April 2014) ‘Design And Development Of A Manually Operated Agarbatti Powder Mixer For Micro Enterprises In India’, SASTech, Volume 13(Issue 1), pp. 55- 63.
- Y. Prashant, C. Gopinath, Vignesh Ravichandran (April 2014) ‘Design And Development Of Coconut Fiber Extraction Machine’, SASTech, Volume 13(Issue 1), pp. 64 – 72.
- Ganesh Laxman Bhat, Srinivasa, Vignesh Ravichandran (January 2015) ‘Design of Garbage Collecting System for Residential Application’, SASTech, Volume 14 (Issue 1), pp. 25 — 28.
- Shashank U. K., Vignesh Ravichandran and Suresha S (January 2018) ‘Design and Development of Urban Air Cooler’, SASTech Journal, Volume 17(Issue 1), pp. 41 — 44.
- Amith H. R., Vignesh Ravichandran, Chiranjith Barui ( August 2018 ) ‘Design of a Shopping and Marketing Vehicle for Ecommerce Businesses’, SASTech Journal, Volume 18(Issue 2), pp. 09 — 13.