Mr Kiran Kumar B M is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical Engineering, RUAS. He has acquired an interesting blend of teaching, research and industry experience in a span of 6 years. He is now pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Power Electronics. The focus areas of his research are power electronics, grid tied inverters, renewable energy sources and robotics.
He has studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering for his Bachelor’s degree and Computer Applications in Industrial Drives for his Master’s degree. He was top ranked as a Coach in the National Competition of World Robotic Olympiad 2016 held in Kolkata. He received the Best Project Award for his MTech final year project titled “Drive and Control for a Robotic Feeding Arm” (MSRIT 2013 – 2014). He also designed and demonstrated a mini project titled “Beetle Robot” at the College Day Annual Festival, HKBKCE (2011) for which he was awarded the first place.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) – Pursuing
M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Computer Applications in Industrial Drives
MSRIT, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Bangalore
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Bangalore
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience : 6 Years
- Assistant Professor in Department of Electrical and Electronics
Engineering — Sir M Visvesvarya Institute of Technology, Bangalore — 1 Year (2014 — 2015)
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences — Bangalore — 5 Years (2015 ‑Present)
Research and Industry : 10 Months
- Visiting Student/Research Assistant at Raman Research Institute,
Bangalore. From September 2013 to May 2014.
Grid Tied Inverters, Robotics
Power Electronics, Robotics, Electrical Circuits and Digital Logic Circuits
- Control Systems and Robotics
- Power Electronics
- Grid Tied Inverters
International Conference Papers: 3
- Aditya Jain, V Balaji, R Rohitha, Kiran Kumar., 2019. Design and Development of Solar Powered Automatic Grain Dryer for Storage, IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing, VLSI, Electrical Circuits and Robotics (DISCOVER) (pp. 1 – 5). IEEE.
- M Meghana, Kiran Kumar, Ravikant Verma, Divya Kiran., 2019. Design and Development of Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring System, 2019 Global Conference for Advancement in Technology (GCAT) (pp. 1 – 6). IEEE.
- Kruthika K., Kiran Kumar B. M, and Sanjay Lakshminarayanan, S., 2016, October. Design and development of a robotic arm. In 2016 International Conference on Circuits, Controls, Communications and Computing (I4C) (pp. 1 – 4). IEEE. (Scopus Indexed)
International Journal Papers: 3
- S Nagaraja Rao, Pranupa S, Kiran Kumar B M, Indira M S., 2020. Design and Development of Three DoF Solar Powered Smart Spraying Agricultural Robot, Journal of Test Engineering and Management, Vol. 83, pp. 5235 – 5242.
- Pranupa S, Kiran Kumar B M, S. Nagaraja Rao, 2018. Detection of Rotating Diode Failure Condition & its Protection in Brushless Alternator. International Journal of Engineering & Technology (IJET-UAE), 7(4.24), pp.26 – 32. (Scopus Indexed Journal)
- S. Nagaraja Rao, Kiran Kumar B M, Pranupa S., 2018. Three Phase Diode Clamped Multilevel DC Link Inverter with Multi Reference Modulation Techniques. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems (JARDCS), Vol. 10, No.9, pp. 1793 – 1805. SJR Factor: 0.114. (Scopus Indexed Journal).
- Secured First rank as a Coach in National Competition of World Robotic Olympiad 2016 held at Kolkata during October 2016
- Honored with Best Project Award for M.Tech final year project titled “Drive and Control for a Robotic Feeding Arm” from MSRIT for the academic year 2013 – 2014
- Designed and demonstrated a mini project titled “Beetle Robot” at College Day Annual Festival – 2011, HKBKCE and secured first place
- Represented RUAS in International Competition of Word Robotic
Olympiad 2016 held at Delhi during November 2016
- Guided a project titled “Line Following Robot” and secured 3rd Place in “ROBODIUM @ASE-RASE’17”, National Level Robotic Competition held at Amrita Vishwa Vidtapeetham University, Bangalore campus on 8th and 9th of April 2017
- Student Chair, IEEE Student Branch, Ramaiah University of Applied
- Have been selected under MHRD, Govt. of India for the financial assistance for the period 1 – 1‑2013 to 1 – 6‑2014