Mr Goutham N joined the Department of Fashion Design at RUAS as an Assistant Professor in 2014. He entered the academic profession as an Assistant Professor at KLE’s S Nijalingappa College (2011 – 2014). In order to gain some industry experience, he had worked a Management Trainee at Fibres and Fabrics India, Bangalore in 2009.
An alumnus of Visvesvaraya Technological University, he completed both degrees – Bachelor’s (2009) and Master’s (2011) in Textile Technology from there. His multiple interests in research include studying fashion fundamentals, textiles, wet processing, testing and application of CAD in fashion design.
M. Tech in Textile Technology
Visveswaraiah Technological Univeristy
B. Tech in Textile Technology
Visveswaraiah Technological University
Total years of experience
- Management Trainee Fibres and Fabrics India Pvt Ltd, Peenya, Bangalore June 2009 – Sep 2009
- Assistant Professor KLE S Nijalingappa College 2011 — 2014
- Assistant Professor RUAS 2014 — present
Fashion Fundamentals, Textiles, Wetprocessing, Testing and Application of CAD in Fashion Design
Graphic Designing, Textiles, Wet processing, Testing, Quality control, Fashion Fundamentals, Fashion Illustration, CAD in Fashion and Fashion Choreography.
National Conference Papers
- ”Influence of Cocoon Characteristics on Reeling Performance, International Conference on “Challenges and Opportunities for Developing Sustainable RUBAN Society”, Dayananda Sagar Business Academy, 2015, Bangalore.
- “Bio-Inspired Cocoon Based Composite Clothing for Protection for Elderly People” Twenty-ninth National Convention of Textile Engineers on “Contemporary Approaches of Make In India Concepts in Textiles and Apparel Industries” poster presentation , 26th and 27th February 2016, Bangalore
National Journal Papers
- “Investigation on the influence of fiber orientation on sliding wear and frictional characteristics of glass-carbon and Twaron-carbon hybrid composites”, “Indian journal of fiber and textile research (IJFTR)”2017,(Impact factor- 0.68).
- “A Pragmatic Study on Enhancing Performance of Gym Apparels Utilizing Activated Charcoal” One day International Conference on Multidisciplinary research on Challenges to Change and development on 19th Feb 2020 at VET First grade College, Bangalore. Magazine
- Application of Medicinal Dye (Turmeric and Annatto) on Silk Fabrics Using Eco- friendly Mordants. SASTECH Journal, Ramaiah university of Applied Sciences UAS, Vol 14, Issue 1, January 2015
- Art Installations at Peenya Campus 2.Graphic Designer for College Magazine “Reflection” – 2014 to 2018
- Designing of Academic Convocation Gown for the Univeirsity
- Initial Branding Exercise for RUAS
- Set up of “Centre of Excellence in Garment Design, Garment Manufacturing and Quality Control”, established under the scheme of Nuthana Javali Neethi 2013 – 18, Dept. of Handloom and Textiles, Govt. of Karnataka 2017 through a grant of Rs 86 lakhs
- Set up of the academics and laboratories for B.Des and M. Des in Fashion Design at MSRUAS
- Member of NAAC committee in KLESNC
- Organized various fashion shows “Prathibimba” – A‑la-Mode Designer show and intercollegiate competitions exhibitions “Prerana” – Earn While you Learn for KLESNC.
- Worked as Assistant Controller for Examination in year2011-2012, 2012 – 13, 2013 – 14, Bangalore University
Textile Association of India