Dr Ugra Mohan Roy has been working as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering since 2011. He joined RUAS as a Senior Lecturer in 2007 and has been an NAAC Co-ordinator for his department as well as a Mentor in the Ramaiah Technology Business Incubation Centre (RTBI).
Throughout his long association with the university, he has been handling a large number of modules for undergraduate students. These include Digital System, Electromagnetic Field Theory, Antenna and Propagation, Electronic Circuits, Microprocessor and Microcontroller, Printed Circuit Board, Digital System Laboratory, Electronic Circuits Laboratory, Linear Integrated Circuit Laboratory. For the postgraduate program, he has been handling modules like High Speed Printed Circuit Board Design, FPGA in Communication, Fiber Optical Communication, Photonics and Integrated Optoelectronics, Low Voltage Design, Principles of System Engineering and Design Management and System Development.
He has a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Microwave Photonics provided by the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing, Coventry University, the UK in 2017. He dedicates considerable amount of time as a thesis and group project advisor to students (undergraduate/MS/PhD) at the university.
Ph.D in Microwave Photonics
Coventry University, UK
M.E in Communication System
Sona College of Technology, Anna University
Advanced Course Certification programme in VLSI System Design
M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru
B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
Total years of Experience :
- Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering ‑Sona College of technology, Salem, Tamil Nadu — 3 Years (June ‑2002 to July 2005)
- Senior Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering — Sona College of technology, Salem, Tamil Nadu — 6 Months (June ‑2007 to Nov ‑2007)
- Senior Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering — M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru — 3 Years 4 Months (Dec ‑2007 to April ‑2011)
- Assistant Professor in Electronics and Communication Engineering — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru — 10 Years (May ‑2011 to Till date)
- Delivered corporate training on Printed Circuit Board Design and Signal Integrity for various companies such as Tejas Network, Mistral, Lattice Semiconductor, BOSCH, ALTRAN PVT. Limited, ISRO etc.
Research Interest :
Photonics and All Optical Fiber Communication
High Speed Printed Circuit Board Design and Signal Integrity Analysis
Electronic System design, management and development
Research Interest :
Microwave Photonics and
High Speed Printed Circuit Board Design
“Studies on the effects of optical feedback based micro-ring resonator on the Integrated 40 GHz Opto-Electronic Oscillator’’.
Doctoral Thesis publication:
- Ugra Mohan Roy, Govind R. Kadambi, Omid Razmkhah (2016), “Studies on the effects of optical feedback based micro-ring resonator on the Integrated 40 GHz Opto-Electronic Oscillator’’, Ph.D. Thesis, Coventry University, United Kingdom, <;
- Kurian, P.A., Roy, Ugra Mohan (2021), “Design and simulation of optoelectronic oscillator with micro ring resonator and radio frequency amplifier modelling at 110 GHz”. Optoelectron. Lett. 17, 482 – 489 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11801…; [SJR:Q3]
- Praveena G., Dr. Ugra Mohan Roy,& Dr. Rohini Deshpande,(2021) “A novel fast switching photonic phase shifter for Ka-band”, Vol 19, Issue2, SASTech Journal, ISSN: 2249 – 5924
- Santhosh V., and Ugra Mohan Roy (2021), “Photonic based non-invasive diabetic detection system”, Vol. 20, issue 1, SASTech Journal, ISSN: 2249 – 5924
- Hariprasad H., Ugra Mohan Roy and Mrinal Kumar, (2020) “ Design of Piezoelectric Based Power Generation System for Electric Vehicle ”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE), Blue Eyes Intelligence Engineering and Sciences Publication ‚DOI: DOI:10.35940/ijrte.D4781.119420, [SJR:Q4]
- Adarsha, V. and Roy, Ugra Mohan, (2020), “Design and Simulation of an Efficient Linearization Technique for mm-wave Radio over Fiber Link. SAMRIDDHI : A Journal of Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technology, (2020); DOI : 10.18090/samriddhi.v12iS3.6, [UGC Care Journal]
- Murthy S., Abdul Imran Rasheed and Ugra Mohan Roy (2020), “Design approach for a FPGA based Ethernet Bridge for Optical Fiber Communication System”, International journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278 – 0181, [Indexed by PubMed, Google Scholar and Science Open].
- Ashwini N, Ugra Mohan Roy, Abdul Imran Rasheed, (2020) “ Design and Simulation of Optical AND and XOR Gate using Micro Ring Resonator for Photonic FPGA” Vol. 19, issue 1 , SASTech Journal, ISSN: 2249 – 5924
- Smitha Srinivas, Ugra Mohan Roy, Padmanabhan K., Anumolu Sridhar Babu, (2012) ‘’ Design and Development Of Cost Effective Virtex‑5 Board’’, Vol 11, Issue 1, SASTech Journal, ISSN: 2249 – 5924
- Subin C M, Govind R Kadambi, Ugra Mohan Roy and Sarin S., (2011), ‘’Design And Development of Remote Monitoring System For Data Flow And Storage of SPM’s Using Systems Engineering Approach’’, SASTech Journal, ISSN: 2249 – 5924
- Rashmi R. and Ugra Mohan Roy, Simulation studies of 77 GHz Optoelectronic Oscillator based Microwave Photonic Radar, WOPI, 2022
- Malathi S., Ugra Mohan Roy, Utkarsh Tiwari, Shreyansh Mishra, Sumeet Gupta, Shantanu Gupta, Sana Kadambot S, Optimization of Integrated Optic Micro Ring Resonator Gas Sensor using Machine Learning Technique , WOPI, 2022
- Malathi S., Hegde G. K., Srinivas T. and Ugra Mohan Roy (2014), “Analysis of an integrated optic micro racetrack resonator based biosensor”, Proceedings of SPIE. Vol 9234
- Durga Prasad and Ugra Mohan Roy, (2020), ‘’ Design approach towards the development of 3- logical input Optical Look Up Table (OLUT) and optical memory’’, Emerging trends in photonics, signal processing and communication engineering, Vol. 648, pp. 141 – 148, Lecture notes in Electrical Engineering
- Hari Prasad, Ugra Mohan Roy and Hariharan R., (2018), ‘’Design and Implementation of Universal Digital Demodulator using Neural Network Approach’’, Emerging trends in photonics, signal processing and communication engineering, Vol. 648, pp. 133 – 139, Lecture notes in Electrical Engineering
- Banday Abrar Ahmad, Rasheed Abdul Imran and Ugra Mohan Roy, ( 2020), “Design and simulation of an Efficient FPGA based Epileptic Seizure Detection System”, 3rd International Conference on Communication, Devices and Networking (ICCDN-2019), Vol. 662, pp. 181 – 189, Lecture notes in Electrical Engineering
- Ugra Mohan Roy, S. Siddarth, Prajwal R. , Sandesh R Hegde, Vighnesh Kaushik, Sarvesh Narayanan, “Analysis and design of a real-time pressure ulcer and stress detection system for the bedridden patient”, IEEE, International Conference on Disruptive Technologies for Multi-Disciplinary Research & Applications, CENTCON, 2022
- K. S. Kumar and U. Mohan Roy, “Simulation Analysis of Energy Harvester using GPS L1 Band for Small Power Battery Applications,” 2021 Asian Conference on Innovation in Technology (ASIANCON), 2021, pp. 1 – 7, doi: 10.1109/ASIANCON51346.2021.9544658.
- R. Wadeyar, A. I. Rasheed and U. M. Roy, “Design and Simulation of Optical Fiber Communication Link by Ethernet Protocol using FPGA,” 2021 2nd International Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET), 2021, pp. 1 – 5, doi: 10.1109/INCET51464.2021.9456129
- S. kolavi and U. M. Roy, “Design and Simulation of SOA based Optical NAND gate for photonics FPGA,” 2021 2nd International Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET), 2021, pp. 1 – 4, doi: 10.1109/INCET51464.2021.9456174
- Muralidharan, A. I. Rasheed and U. M. Roy, “Design and Simulation of Micro-ring Resonator based Optical Comparator,” 2021 2nd International Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET), 2021, pp. 1 – 4, doi: 10.1109/INCET51464.2021.9456294.
- N. Pakhira and U. M. Roy, “Analytical Analysis of Figure of Merit, Nonlinearity and Self-Phase Modulation (SPM) for the Generation of 110GHz Opto-electronic Oscillator (OEO),” 2021 2nd International Conference for Emerging Technology (INCET), 2021, pp. 1 – 6, doi: 10.1109/INCET51464.2021.9456446.
- Manjushree K and Ugra Mohan Roy , (2020)” Simulation studies on the generation of 110 GHz mm-wave for 5G applications”, WRAP-2019, IEEE
- Ramya. C.S, Abdul Imran Rasheed and Ugra Mohan Roy, (2020), “ Design and Simulation of an Optical 1:2 Demultiplexer Using Micro Ring Resonator”, WRAP-2019, IEEE
- Adarsh V. and Ugra Mohan Roy, (2019), “Design and simulation of an efficient linearization technique for mm-wave radio over fiber link”, 8th “International Conference on Innovations in Electronics & Communication Engineering, 2 – 3 August, Hyderabad
- Vaishnavi Pataki, Imran Rasheed and Ugra Mohan Roy, (2019), “Design and analysis of an optical micro ring resonator based. 2:4 Optical Decoder”, International Conference on Optics & Electro-Optics, Dehradun
- Durga Prasad and Ugra Mohan Roy, (2018), ‘’Design and Implementation of an 3‑logical input Optical Look Up Table’’, CONNECT, IISc., Bangalore
- Roy, U., Malathi, S., & Patil, S. D. (2016), “Integrated optic grating array for simultaneous detection of multiple gases”, In Recent Advances in Lightwave Technology (CRALT), 2016 IEEE Conference on (pp. 1 – 4). IEEE.
- Karanam Pallavi Koushik, Ugra Mohan Roy, and Malathi Sathish, (2016), “ Simultaneous Detection of Gases with an Integrated Optic Micro-Ring Resonator Array”, OSA Technical Digest (online) (Optical Society of America),
- Ugra Mohan Roy, S. Malathi and Govind R. Kadambi, (2015) “ Design and analysis of an Integrated Opto- Electronic Oscillator based Biosensor”, International Conference on Optics & Photonics, Calcutta University (Poster Presentation)
- Ugra Mohan Roy, S. Malathi and Govind R. Kadambi, (2013) ‘’Analytical study on the butt ‑coupling co-efficient for the optical micro ring resonator’’, WRAP, IEEE
- Giridharan and Ugra Mohan Roy, (2013), “ Design and Development of Cost Effective General Purpose FPGA Board”, IPC APEX India
- Bhavya M. and Ugra Mohan Roy, (2013), ‘’Design and Implementation of Position Controller for Electro Hydraulic Drives in Turbine Control System’’, IEEE ISPCC Conference
- Ugra Mohan Roy and A. Muruganandam, (2007), “ Fast Image Coder for World Wide Web”, Conference Proceedings of NCETC, pp. 155 – 159, Perambalur, Tamil Nadu
- Ugra Mohan Roy et. al, (2003), “ Cancelling donor heart interference in heart transplant ECG using Adaptive Signal Processing techniques ”, Proceedings of the Tamil Nadu State Award for the selected projects in Engineering and Technology, DoTE
- Mr. Anush B. N., Dr. Ugra Mohan Roy and Dr. Nagaraja Rao, “ Design and Development of Hybrid Switching Controller for BLDC Motor Interfaced to Electric Vehicle” (Filed on January 2022)
- Hariprasad and Ugra Mohan Roy “Universal Demodulator Employing Probabilistic Neural Network”, Indian Patent Application: 201841049196, December 26, 2018
- Ugra Mohan Roy and Bharath Ranganath ‚B. K. “RF Based Agribot for Multi Seed Sowing and Fertilization Spraying” Indian Patent Application: 201741046751, December 27, 2017
- S. Malathi, Ugra Mohan Roy and Sheethal D. Patil “Design and Simulation of Integrated Optic Grating based Gas Sensors”, Indian Patent Application: 201641043599, December 21, 2016
- Ugra Mohan Roy, Rohini Deshpande and P.G. Praveena “Design & Simulation of a Photonic Ka-band RF Phase Shifter for Transmit Beamforming”, Indian Patent Application: 201641043800, December 22, 2016
- Ugra Mohan Roy and Govind R. Kadambi “Integrated Opto Electronic Oscillators”, Indian Patent Application: 1833/CHE/2013, April 25, 2013
- Received best project guide award from Directorate of Technical Education. for region III (Tamil Nadu) for the project titled “Cancelling donor heart interference in human heart transplant cardiography ”
- Received various appreciation awards for teaching by Sona College of Technology, Salem, Tamil Nadu
- Co-PI in ISRO RESPOND Project titled “Gas Sensor based on Microring Resonator”, (On Going)