An investigation of environmental influence on the growth of Burkholderia pseudomallei in the soil of South West Coast of Karnataka.
National Conference Papers
- Tushar Shaw, Chaitanya TAK, Vandana KE, Ruqaiyah Johar, Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. ‘Virulence factors of Candida: A Mirage’. MICROCON , the 37th National Congress of IAMM, NIMS, Hyderabad, November 21 to 24, 2013
- Ruqaiyah Johar, Vandana K E, Chaitanya AKT, Tushar Shaw, Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. The Least Candid Pathogen — Candida!. MICROCON , the 37th National Congress of IAMM, NIMS, Hyderabad, November 21 to 24, 2013.
- Tushar Shaw, Vandana K.E., Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. Blood culture contamination: A significant quality concern in laboratory medicine.. KC MICROCON 2014, XVIII Annual Conference of IAMM – Karnataka Chapter, 23 February, 2014.
- Tushar Shaw, Chaitanya Tellparagada, Vandana KE, Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. Bacteremic Melioidosis: Emerging fatal infectious disease in India. Microcon 2016 (Oral presentation).
International Conference Papers
- Chaitanya TAK., Tushar Shaw, Vandana Kalwaje Eshwara, Vinod Bhat, Subodh Kumar, and Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. Novel allelic profile of the clinical strains of Burkholderia pseudomallei on multi locus sequence typing from India. 17th ICID International Congress on infectious diseases, 2 to 5th March, 2016
- Tushar Shaw, David AuCoin, Michael Dillon, Chaitanya TAK, Sudipta Patra, Hongjing Chen, Stan Morkowski, Raymond Houghton, Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. Lateral flow assay to diagnose melioidosis in resource constraint setting: A test of choice. First South Asian Melioidosis Congress, 20 to 22nd Nov, 2015, Manipal.
- Sudipta Patra, Tushar Shaw, Chaitanya TAK, Vandana KE, Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay, Vinod Bhat. Clinico-epidemiological features of patients with pulmonary melioidosis from tertiary care teaching hospital in south India. First South Asian Melioidosis Congress, 20 to 22nd Nov, 2015, Manipal.
- Isra Halim, Tushar Shaw, Chaitanya TAK, Vandana KE, Subodh Kumar, Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. Reinfection of Melioidosis in HIV positive individual within 4 months: A rarest of the rare clinical episode. First South Asian Melioidosis Congress, 20 to 22nd Nov, 2015, Manipal.
- Tushar Shaw, Tellapragada C, Vandana KE, Sudipta Patra, Sudha Vidyasagar, Muralidhar Varma, Kavitha Saravu, Vinod Bhat. Melioidosis is only Skin Deep sometimes,Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay.8th World Melioidosis Congress, Cebu, Philippines, 2016.
- Snigdha Reddy., Tushar Shaw,. Chaitanya T. A. K, K. E. Vandana, A. K. Bhat, and Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. “Osteoarticular melioidosis: a bone to pick about an emerging but neglected tropical disease.” Sri Lankan Journal of Infectious Diseases 7 (2017).
- Tushar Shaw, “Soil epidemiology in South West India.” Sri Lankan Journal of Infectious Diseases 7 (2017).
- Isra Halim, Tushar Shaw,. Chaitanya T. A. K, K. E. Vandana, Manjunath Hande,
- G. Menon S, P. Gorthy, and Chiranjay Mukhopadhyay. “The epidemiology and clinical manifestation of neurological melioidosis: A series of 19 cases from
- Southwest India over 10 years.” Sri Lankan Journal of Infectious Diseases 7 (2017).
- Tushar Shaw. “Determining the influence of environmental factors on the presence of B. pseudomallei in the Indian soil”. Oral Presemtation 9th World Melioidosis Congress, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2019
National Journal Papers
- Shaw T, Tellapragada C, Eshwara VK, Bhat H V, Mukhopadhyay C. The antibiotics of choice for the treatment of melioidosis in Indian set up. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2016;34(3):353.
- Halim I, Shaw T, Tellapragada C, Vandana K, Mukhopadhyay C. Melioidosis: Reinfection going incognito as relapse. Indian J Med Microbiol. 2018; 35(4):593 – 596.
- Eshwara VK, Garg R, Chandrashekhar GS, Shaw T, Mukhopadhyay C. “Fatal Cryptococcus gattii meningitis with negative cryptococcal antigen test in a HIV-non-infected patient.” Indian J Med Microbiol. 2018 ;36(3):439 – 440.
- Shaw T, Indumathi VA. The Viral Etiologies of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection: Indian Perspective on the Emerging Pathogens. J Pure Appl Microbiol. 2020;14(4):2277 – 2285.
International Journal Papers
- Tellapragada C, Eshwara VK, Johar R, Shaw T, Malik N, Bhat P V., et al. Antifungal Susceptibility Patterns, In Vitro Production of Virulence Factors, and Evaluation of Diagnostic Modalities for the Speciation of Pathogenic Candida from Blood Stream Infections and Vulvovaginal Candidiasis . J Pathog. 2014; 2014:142864.
- Mukhopadhyay C, Vandana KE, Chaitanya TAK, Shaw T, Bhat HV, Chakrabarty S, et al. Genome Sequence of a Burkholderia pseudomallei Clinical Isolate from a Patient with Community-Acquired Pneumonia and Septicemia . Genome Announc. 2015; 20;3(4). pii: e00915-15.
- Tellapragada C, Kamthan A, Shaw T, Ke V, Kumar S, Bhat V, et al. Unravelling the molecular epidemiology and genetic diversity among Burkholderia pseudomallei isolates from South India using multi-locus sequence typing. PLoS One. 2016;11(12):1 – 8.
- Tellapragada C, Shaw T, D’Souza A, Eshwara VK, Mukhopadhyay C. Improved detection of Burkholderia pseudomallei from non-blood clinical specimens using enrichment culture and PCR: narrowing diagnostic gap in resource-constrained settings. Trop Med Int Health. 2017;22(7):866 – 70.
- Patra S, Shaw T, Eshwara VK, Tellapragada C, Saravu K, Hande M, Mukhopadhyay C. Pulmonary melioidosis: an experience over years from a tertiary care hospital from southwest India. Indian J Med Sci.. 2017 Oct; 69(3):21 – 6.
- Garg R, Shaw T, Bhat SN, Mukhopadhyay C. Melioidosis: The great mimicker presenting as spondylodiscitis. BMJ Case Rep. 2018; 8;2018. pii: bcr-2017 – 223223.
- Shaw T, Tellapragada C, Vandana KE, AuCoin DP, Mukhopadhyay C. Performance evaluation of active melioidosis detect-lateral flow assay (AMD-LFA) for diagnosis of melioidosis in endemic settings with limited resources. PLoS One. 2018;13(3):1 – 7.
- Ginjupalli K, Shaw T, Tellapragada C, Alla R, Gupta L, Perampalli NU. “Does the size matter? Evaluation of effect of incorporation of silver nanoparticles of varying particle size on the antimicrobial activity and properties of irreversible hydrocolloid impression material.” 2018 Jul;34(7):e158-e165.
- Ginjupalli, K, Alla R, Shaw T, Tellapragada C, Gupta L K, Upadhya P N. “Comparative evaluation of efficacy of Zinc oxide and Copper oxide nanoparticles as antimicrobial additives in alginate impression materials.” Materials Today: Proceedings 5, no. 8 (2018): 16258-
- Kamthan A, Shaw T, Mukhopadhyay C, Id SK. Molecular analysis of clinical Burkholderia pseudomallei isolates from southwestern coastal region of India, using multi-locus sequence typing. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2018;1 – 12.
- Mukhopadhyay C, Shaw T, Varghese G, Dance D. Melioidosis in South Asia (India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bhutan and Afghanistan). Trop Med Infect Dis. 2018;3(2):51.
- Banerjee B, Gupta R, Varma M, Mukhopadhyay C, Shaw T. Disseminated Nocardia asiatica infection in an immunocompromised individual: A rare entity needs careful vigilance. J Infect Public Health. 2019;12(2):167 – 170.
- Shaw T, Tellapragada C , Kamath A, Eshwara VK, Mukhopadhyay C. Implications of environmental and pathogen- specific determinants on clinical presentations and disease outcome in melioidosis patients. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2019;1 – 13.
- Eshwara VK, Shaw T, Mukim Y, Kumar G, Kamath A, Mukhopadhyay C. Perform or perish: laboratory optimization to avoid false negative blood cultures in pneumococcal bacteremia. Journal of Laboratory Medicine. 2019 Aug 27;43(4):217 – 20.
- Garg R, Shaw T, Vandana KE, Magazine R, Mukhopadhyay C. Melioidosis In Suspected Recurrent Tuberculosis: A disease in disguise. J Infect Dev Countr. 2020; 31;14(03):312 – 6.
- Banerjee B, Shaw T, Mukhopadhyay C, Bhat N S, Singh BMK. Epidemiology, resistance characteristics, virulence determinants, and treatment outcomes of Staphylococcus aureus bone and joint infections: a one-year prospective study at a tertiary care hospital in India. Pathog Glob Health. 2020 Dec;114(8):482 – 486.
- Savaj P, Shaw T, Munim FC, Mukhopadhyay C. Melioidosis in Gujarat: a neglected tropical disease. Trop Doct. 2020 Oct; 50(4):373 – 375.
- Prabhu RA, Shaw T, Rao IR, Kalwaje Eshwara V, Nagaraju SP, Shenoy SV, Mukhopadhyay C. Acute kidney injury and its outcomes in melioidosis. J Nephrol. 2021 Jan 30.