Heading the Department of MME (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering), Dr T N Srikantha Dath began his association with RUAS in June 2015 and offers a rich blend of academic and industry knowledge. With a PhD in Supply Chain Management, he worked for close to a decade in the Production and Materials Management domain. He is vastly experienced in developing and managing Quality Management Systems as per the ISO 9001 series of standards for educational institutions and SMEs. A trained lead auditor, he has prepared documentation to meet NBA and NAAC accreditation requirements at institutional and departmental levels. He is a member of various professional bodies including the Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering and Indian Society for Technical Education and has served as an executive member for the Indian Institute of Materials Management (Chennai Chapter).
Dr Dath’s 25-year-long experience in academia includes 15 years in administration and at least a decade in research. The focal points of his research pertain to Manufacturing and Services Supply Chain Management, Circular Economy, Knowledge Management, Lean and Green Manufacturing. His published work can be found in Benchmarking: An International Journal, the Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, and the European Journal of Industrial Engineering to name a few. His chosen areas of teaching are Production Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, Quality Engineering, Operations Research, Engineering and Machine Drawing. He has guided over 50 undergraduate and 20 postgraduate projects, mentored four PhD aspirants, and is currently supervising five research scholars.
Mechanical Engineering , Anna University
Production Management, Karnataka University
Industrial and Production Engineering, Bangalore University
Total Experience: 26 years
Research: 10 years
Industry: 8.5 years
June 2015 to Till Date: Ramaiah university of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru
June 2015 to September 2017 — Professor, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Sept 2017 to Till Date — Head, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
April 2010 to June 2015, RM.K. Engineering College, Chennai — Professor and Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sept 1998 to June April 2010, Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering — Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Executive Assistant to the Principal
Aug 1990 to Aug 1998 – Worked in medium scale steel manufacturing industries, Manager – Materials Management
Feb 1986 to July 1990 – M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, Lecturer — Department of industrial and Production Engineering
April 1995 – Jan 1986 – Skylark Ancillaries Corporation, Bengaluru ‚Engineer — Material Planning and utilization
Inventory Mangement; Quality Management
Research Interest: Operations and Supply Chain Management
Research Expertise: Supply Chain Coordination; Lean Manufacturing; Quality Engineering and Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Quality Engineering and Management
- “An Empirical Study on Supply Chain Management in India: Perspectives of Suppliers, Original Equipment Manufacturers, Logistics Service Providers and Retailers”.
- Shenoi, V.V., Dath, T.S., Rajendran, C. and Shahabudeen, P., 2018. Strategic action grids: a study on supply chain risk management in manufacturing industries in India. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 25(8), pp.3045 – 3061.
- Thiagarajan, V., Dath, T.S. and Rajendran, C., 2018. Manufacturing flow time estimation using the model-tree induction approach in a dynamic job shop environment. International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, 28(3), pp.402 – 420.
- Uma Mageswari, S.D., Sivasubramanian, R.C. and Dath, T.N.S., 2017. A comprehensive analysis of knowledge management in Indian manufacturing companies. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 28(4), pp.506- 530.
- Shenoi, V.V., Dath, T.S. and Rajendran, C., 2016. Supply chain risk management in the Indian manufacturing context: a conceptual framework. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 25(3), pp.313 – 335.
- Uma Mageswari, S.D., Sivasubramanian, R.C. and Dath, T.N.S., 2015.Impact of Size of the Manufacturing Firms on Knowledge Management Practices: An Empirical Analysis. Jurnal Pengurusan, 45, pp. 13 – 26.
- Vijayashakthivel, A.T., Srikantha Dath, T.N. and Ravishankar, B., 2014. Influence of Experimental Environment on the Enhancement of Ultra Fine Grain Structure with Optimum Ductility of Equal Channel Angular Pressed Copper. In Applied Mechanics and Material, 592, pp. 410 – 415.
- Vijayashakthivel, A.T., Dath, T.S. and Krishnamurthy, R., 2014. Response of copper to Equal Channel Angular Pressing with different processing temperature. Procedia Engineering, 97, pp.56 – 63.
- Dath, T.N.S., Rajendran, C. and Narashiman, K., 2010. An empirical study on supply chain management: the perspective of logistics service providers. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 6(1), pp.1 – 22.
- Dath, T.N.S., Rajendran, C. and Narashiman, K., 2010. An empirical study on supply chain management in India: the perspective of original equipment manufacturers and suppliers. European Journal of Industrial Engineering, 4(1), pp.2 – 39.
- Srikantha Dath, T.N., Rajendran, C. and Narashiman, K., 2009. A conceptual framework for supply chain management with specific reference to a developing economy. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 5(5), pp.473 – 524.
- Srikantha Dath, T.N., Rajendran, C. and Narashiman, K., 2008. A study on supply chain management from the retailer’s perspective. International Journal of Procurement Management, 1(4), pp.453 – 471.
- Mageswari, S.D., Sivasubramanian, C. and Dath, T.N.S., 2016. The Impact of Government Initiatives on Knowledge Management Processes: An Empirical Analysis. IUP Journal of Knowledge Management, 14(1).
- Mageswari, S.U., Sivasubramanian, C. and Dath, T.S., 2015. Knowledge management enablers, processes and innovation in small manufacturing firms: a structural equation modeling approach. IUP Journal of Knowledge Management, 13(1), pp.33.
- Azad, A., Srikantha Dath, T.N. and Narashiman, K., 2006. Effects of Technical Training. Journal of Technical and Vocational Education, 23(2), pp.9 – 14.
- Srikantha Dath, T.N., Ramachandran, R. and Ravichandran, V., 2004. Achieving excellence in technical education — a quality management system approach. Indian Journal of Technical Education, 27 (1). pp. 33 – 37.
- Srikantha Dath, T.N., Rajendran, C., Narashiman, K., 2006. Development of a framework for finding the critical factors and operating elements of supply chain management. International Conference on Global Manufacturing and Innovation, CIT Coimbatore, July 27 – 29.
Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering
Indian Institute of Materials Management
Indian Society for Technical Education