Dr Swati Sinha joined the Department of Biotechnology, FLAHS, RUAS as an Assistant Professor in 2019. Prior to that she has been an Assistant Professor at GGDSD College, Punjab University (2007 – 2009) and various colleges of Delhi University (2015 – 2016). She has also been a Post-doctoral Research Fellow at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research in Bangalore (2009 – 2013) and at the National Institute of Immunology in Delhi (April — December 2014).
Having completed her degrees in Bachelor of Science (Zoology) from Miranda House College (2000) and Master of Science (Zoology – Cell & Molecular Biology) from Delhi University (2002), she headed to Kolkata to a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Cancer Biology at the Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University (2007).
Ph.D in Life Sciences
Cancer Biology Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
M.Sc in Zoology
Miranda House Collge, Delhi University
Total years of Experience :
- Assistant Professor — GGDSD College — Punjab University — 2 Years (July 2007 — May 2009)
- Assistant Professor — Affiliated Colleges — Delhi University — 1 Year 10 Months (January 2015 — October 2016)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Biotechnology — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences — Bangalore — 1 Year ( August 2019 – Present)
Research and Industry Experience
- Research Associate — Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research — Bangalore — 3 Years 8 Months (Aug 2009 — March 2013)
- Senior Research Associate — National Institute of Immunology — New Delhi — 9 Months (April 2014 — December 2014)
Cell Death Mechanisms, Cancer Signalling, Deciphering Cell death mechanism in Cancer
Cell Death Mechanisms, Cancer Signalling, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology
- Cancer Signalling
- Cell Biology
Potential Anti-Prostate Carcinoma Candidates from Herbal resources
International Journal Papers:
- Sinha S, Pal BC, Jagadeesh S, Banerjee PP, Bandyopadhaya A, Bhattacharya S, Mahanine inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in prostate cancer cells through the deactivation of Akt and activation of caspases. Prostate. (Print ISSN: 0270 – 4137Online ISSN: 1097 – 0045) 2006 Sep 1; 66(12):1257 – 65
- Jagadeesh S, Sinha S, Pal BC, Bhattacharya S, Banerjee PP, Mahanine reverses an epigenetically silenced tumor suppressor gene RASSF1A in human prostate cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (ISSN: 0006 – 291X) 2007 Oct 12; 362(1): 212 – 7
- Ladha J*, Sinha S*, Bhat V, Donakonda S, Rao SM. (* Contributed equally), Identification of genomic targets of transcription factor AEBP1 and its role in survival of glioma cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2012 Jun 20. (Print ISSN: 1541 – 7786; Online ISSN 1557 – 3125)
- Swati Sinha, Sainitin Donakonda and Satyanarayana MR Rao, Analysis of in vivo occupancy of Aebp1, a transcription factor, using high resolution tiling array, Tiling Arrays: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 1067, DOI 10.1007/978 – 1‑62703 – 607-8_11. (Print ISBN 978−1−62703−606−1 Online ISBN 978−1−62703 607 – 8)
- Sainitin Donakonda, Swati Sinha, Shrinivas Nivrutti Dighe, and Manchanahalli R Satyanarayana Rao, System analysis identifies similar and unique functional networks governed by ASCL1, a pioneer transcription factor, in Glioma and Small Cell Lung Cancer, Mol. BioSyst., 2017,13, 1481 – 1494. (ISSN 1742 – 2051).
Book/Book Chapters published:
- Swati Sinha, Sainitin Donakonda and Satyanarayana MR Rao, Analysis of in vivo occupancy of Aebp1, a transcription factor, using high resolution tiling array, Tiling Arrays: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 1067, DOI 10.1007/978 – 1‑62703 – 607-8_11. (Print ISBN 978−1−62703−606−1 Online ISBN 978−1− 62703 607 – 8)
- Sinha, S., Renganathan, A., Nagendra, P.B., Bhat, V., Mathew, B.S., Rao, M.R.S. (2019) AEBP1 down regulation induced cell death pathway depends on PTEN status of glioma cells, Scientific reports, 9(1), pp.1 – 16.
- Fathima, S., Sinha, S., Donakonda, S. (2021) Network Analysis Identifies Drug Targets and Small Molecules to Modulate Apoptosis Resistant Cancers, Cancers, 13(4), 851.
- Fathima, S., Sinha, S., Donakonda, S. Unravelling Unique and Common Cell Type-Specific Mechanisms in Brain Cancer. (Manuscript under communication.
DBT-PDF in NII as Senior Research Associate, 2014.
A pharmaceutical composition comprising of Mahanine useful for treatment of Prostate cancer. EP: 1933945 B. Inventors: Swati Sinha, Bikas Chandra Pal, Samir Bhattacharya, applicant: CSIR.
Funded Research Projects:
K‑FIST-L1, To study the effect of Mahanine, a carbazole alkaloid, on metastasis on androgen independent prostate cancer.
Society of Biological Chemist, Asia-Oceanic Society of Comparative Endocrinology.