Dr Suresh R is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RUAS. He received his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Kuvempu University in 1995. He was awarded Master of Technology in 2002 and Doctoral degrees in 2013 from UBDT College of Engineering, Davangere, Karnataka. His passion for research runs deep into areas such as the processing of metal matrix composites, hard and refractory materials, traditional and non-traditional machining, surface Engineering, Joining Process and Additive Manufacturing Process. He has organized several national and international conferences and workshops in the field of material science and manufacturing. He has authored more than 70 international/national journal and conference papers and received research grants worth over Rs. 60 lakhs from AICTE and KCTU, GoK. He received “Outstanding Scientist Award” from the Centre for advanced Research and Design Chennai in 2015 and ‘’Annual Exemplary Faculty-Research 2020’’ Award from RUAS in 2020. He is an official reviewer of original research articles in the field of materials and manufacturing. He is also a member of MISTE, SAE India and other Professional Societies, and is an active consultant to many reputed manufacturing industries and R&D organizations.
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
UBDT College of Engineering, Davangere, Kuvempu University
M. Tech n Production Engineering System Technology
UBDT College of Engineering, Davangere, Kuvempu University
B.E in Mechanical Engineering
Kuvempu University, Shimoga
Total Experience: 24.5 Years
Teaching: 18 years
Industry: 6.5 years
Production Engineering — Revathi Engineering ℗ Ltd., Bangalore (May1995 to Nov. 1996)
Production and Planning Engineering — Hoshi ToolsLtd., Bangalore (Dec.1996 to Sept.2000)
Senior Lecture — S.J.M. Institute of Technology, Chitradurga (Sept. 2002 to Aug. 2008)
Senior Lecture — RV College of Engineering, Bangalore (Sept. 2008 to Dec.2008)
Assistant Professor — BTL Institute of Technology, Bangalore (Jan. 2009 to June 2011)
Associate Professor — Canara Engineering College, Mangalore (July 2011 to June 2013)
Associate Professor — Alliance University, Bangalore (July 2013 to June 2016)
Associate Professor — M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore (July 2016 to Dec. 2020)
Professor — M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore (Jan 2020 to till date)
Research Interest: Characterization of Metal matrix Composites, Hard materials, Coating and Advanced Welding Techniques, Additive manufacturing Process
Research Expertise: Materials Characterization, Metal matrix Composites, Machinability of Advanced materials, Thermal Spray coating and welding process
- Characterization of Metal matrix Composites
- Machinability of Advanced materials
- Surface Engineering
- Advanced Welding Techniques
- Additive Manufacturing
- “Investigations on Machining characteristics of hardened Steels”
International Journal Papers:
- R. Suresh, Ajith .G. Joshi, M. Manjaiah, (2021) Experimental Investigation on Tool Wear in AISI H13 Die Steel Turning Using RSM and ANN Methods, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 46 (3), pp. 2311 – 2325 , Impact factor:1.72. (SCI & Scopus indexed, Q2 Journal),
https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-020 – 05038‑9
- Ajith G.Joshi, Manjaiah, M., Basavarajappa, S. R Suresh, (2021) Wear Performance Optimization of SiC-Gr Reinforced Al Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites Using Integrated Regression-Antlion Algorithm. Silicon Journal, (Online First), Impact factor: 1.5.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-020 – 00704‑x
- M.Ravikumar, , H. N. Reddappa, Suresh, R., Ram Mohan, Y. S., Nagaraja, C. R., (2021) Investigations on Tensile Fractography and Wear Characteristics of Al7075-Al2O3-SiC Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites Routed Through Liquid Metallurgical Techniques, Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale (Fracture and Surface Integrity), Vol. 56, pp. 160 – 170.
- J. Kumaraswamy, Vijaya Kumar, G. Purushotham, R Suresh (2021) thermal analysis of nickel alloy/al2o3/tio2 hybrid metal matrix composite in automotive engine exhaust valve using FEA method, Journal of Thermal Engineering, Vol. 7(3), PP. 415 – 428
DOI: 10.18186/thermal.882965 (Q3 Journal)
- M. Ravikumar, H. N. Reddappa, R Suresh, M. Sreenivasa Reddy, E. R. Babu, N. C.Reddy, C.R. Ravikumar (2021) Evaluation of Corrosion Properties of Al2O3 and SiC Reinforced Aluminium Metal Matrix Composites Using Taguchi’s Techniques, Journal of Scientific Research BHU, 65 (1) pp. 253 – 259, DOI: DOI:10.37398/JSR.2021.650132
- Shivaranjini Gali, R Suresh, (2021) Machinability of Zirconia Toughened Mica Glass Ceramics for Dental Restorations, Brazilian Dental Science, 24(1), pp. 1 – 16,
- M. Ravikumar, H. N. Reddappa, R Suresh, (2021) Experimental studies of different quenching media on mechanical and wear behavior of Al7075/SiC/Al2O3 hybrid composites, Frattura ed Integrità Strutturale (Fracture and Surface Integrity), Vol. 55, 20 – 31; Impact Factor: 0.82. DOI: 10.3221/IGF-ESIS.55.02
- M Gangadharappa, HN Reddappa, R Shobha, R Suresh, (2021) Corrosion behavior of Al6061 hybrid composites reinforced with red mud particles and E‑glass fiber, Materials Today: Proc., 46, pp. 6068 – 6074. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2021.03.159
- H R Basavaraju, R. Suresh, Manjunatha SS, L Janardhan (2021) Study on effect of process parameters on MRR and surface roughness in wire electrical discharge machining of titanium grade‑7 alloy, May 2021, Materials Today: Proc. (Online published).
- S D Kavitha , N Suneel Kumar Kulakarni , R Suresh , and D M Shivanna, Effect of Nitrogen Dopant on Electrical Resistance of Hot Zone of SiC Heating Elements, OP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng.1126 012075, pp. 1 – 5, doi:10.1088/1757 – 899X/1126/1/012075
- M.S. Kishore Kumar, B. Gurudatt, Reddappa H.N, R. Suresh (2021) Investigations on the effect of Machining parameters on Machining force and roughness in Micro-Milling of Titanium Gr5 and Gr12 alloys under dry Machining conditions using carbide tool, May 2021, Materials Today: Proc. (Online published), DOI: 10.1016/j.matpr.2021.05.082
- R Suresh, (2020) Comparative study on dry sliding wear behavior of mono (Al2219/B4C) and hybrid (Al2219/B4C/Gr) metal matrix composites using statistical technique, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Vol. 29: Issue 1 , 57 – 68, Impact Factor: 0.78.
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/jmbm-2020 – 0006
- S.D. Kavitha a, Suneel Kumar N Kulkarni b, R. Suresh c, D.M. Shivanna, (2020) Effect of electrical resistance on ramp rate in cold end portion of SiC heating elements, Materials TodayProc., 37(part‑2)pp.1381 – 1384, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.06.588
- N.G. Siddesh Kumar, R. Suresh, G.S. Shiva Shankar, (2020), High Temperature Wear Behavior of Al2219/n‑B4C/MoS2 Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites, Composite Communications, Vol. 19, pp. 61 – 73, Elsevier Pub. Impact Factor: 3.28, Q‑1 Journal) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coco.2020.02.011
- Praveen, N., Mallik, U. S, Shivaramu, L. Shivasiddaramaiah, A. G., Suresh, R., Prashantha, S., (2020) Synthesis and evaluation of machining characteristics of Cu-Al-Mn ternary shape memory alloys using CNC wire electric discharge machining, AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 2247, Issue 1, article id.050003, DOI:10.1063÷5.0003846
- S.G. Dileep Kumar , K.N. Bharath, R Suresh (2020) Effect of process parameters on tool life, surface roughness and material removal rate on machining a grey cast iron using multilayer coated carbide tool, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2274, 030032(2274, 030032):1 – 6, https://DOI: 10.1063÷5.0022871
- Mamunuri Sailender, R. Suresh, G. Chandramohan Reddy, Sriram Venkatesh, (2020), Prediction and comparison of the dilution and heat affected zone in submerged arc welding (SAW) of low carbon alloy steel joints, Measurement-Journal, Vol. 150, pp- 1 – 12, (Impact factor: 3.36). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2019.107084
- Satish Kumar, Mohan Nagraj, R. Suresh, Arunkumar Bongale, Nitin Khedkar, (2020) The Effect of Holding Time of Deep Cryogenic Treated AISI D3 Cutting Tool on Machinability of Low Carbon Steels using Taguchi’s Technique, Journal of Advanced Manufacturing System, Vol. 19 (2), pp. 215 – 233, Impact Factor 1.26 https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219686720500110
- Giridhar S. Kulkarni, G. S. Shivashankar, R. Suresh, and N. G. Siddeshkumar, (2020) Optimization of Drilling Parameters of GFRP with Liquid Silicone Rubber and Fine Silica Powder by Taguchi Approach, Silicon Journal, vol. 12, pp.1651 – 1666 ( Impact Factor: 1.246, (Springer Pub.). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12633-019 – 00260‑z
- Shiv Pratap Singh Yadav, S. Ranganath, Salim Sharieff, R. Suresh, (2020) Investigations on the Change in State of Stress with respect to the Sliding Direction in Dry Sliding Wear of Hard Elastic Material with Different Geometry and Orientation on Ductile Flat Surface, FME Transactions, Vol. 48, pp. 716 – 723. Impact Factor: 1.37, Q3-Journal; H‑index: 19, https://doi: 10.5937/fme2003716S
- Irfan Rangapur N., B. K. Swathi Prasad and R Suresh, (2020) Design and Development of Spherical Spy Robot for Surveillance Operation, Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 171, pp. 1212 – 1220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2020.04.130
- Sachit T S, N. Mohan, R. Suresh, S P Kumaresh babu, (2020) Optimization of dry sliding wear behaviour of Aluminum LM4 ‑Ta/NbC nano-composite using Taguchi technique, Materials Today Proc., Vol. 27, pp.1977 – 1983.
- Narayan Nayak, H. N. Reddappa, R. Suresh, Ravi Kumar, (2019), The Effect of Reinforcing Sisal Fibers on the Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Polypropylene Composites, Journal of Materials and Environmental Sciences. Vol. 10 (12), pp 1238 – 1249.
https://www.jmaterenvironsci.com/Document/vol10/vol10_N12/JMES-2019 – 10-123- Nayak.pdf
- R Suresh, L. Shivaramu, Siddesh Kumar, T.N. Srikanth Dath, (2019) Effect of Process Parameters on Cutting Forces and Surface Roughness in Machining of DSS 2205 Using Taguchi’s Approach, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 895, pp 26 – 31. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.895.
- R Suresh, T.N. Srikanth Dath, R. Suraj, S. Vignesh , (2019), Study of Tribological Behavior of Al2219/B4C/Gr Metal Matrix Composites using Statistical Analysis, Materials Today Proc., Vol. 16, pp. 540 – 546. (Elsevier pub.) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2019.05.126
- Marise Srinivasu, R. Suresh, L. Shivaramu (2019) Processing of Nickel-Copper Coated Carbon Fibre Rods Reinforced Al6082/4% Al2O3/2%Gr Matrix Composites, Materials Science Forum, Vol. 969, pp 727 – 731, ISSN: 1662 – 9752
- Giridhar S. Kulkarni, G. S. Shivashankar, R. Suresh, and N. G. Siddeshkumar, (2019) Dry sliding wear behavior of GFRP with liquid silicon rubber and reinforced with fine silica powder by Taguchi approach, AIP Conf. Proc., Vol- 2057, 020056
- R. Suresh, K. Sohit Reddy, Karthik Shapur, (2018), ‘Abrasive Jet Machining for Micro-hole Drilling on Glass and GFRP Composites’ Materials Today Proc., Vol. 5, pp. 5757 – 5761. M
- K.G Sagar, P.M Suresh, R Suresh, (2018) Wear Behavior of Aluminum Alloy Reinforced With Beryl Metal Matrix Composites Using Taguchi Method, Materials Today Proc. Vol. 5 (11-P3), pp. 24497 – 24504. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2018.10.246
- M. Ravikumar, H.N. Reddappa, R. Suresh, (2018), Study on Mechanical and Tribological Characterization of Al2O3/SiCp Reinforced Aluminium Metal Matrix Composite, Silicon Journal, Vol-10 (6), pp. 2535 – 2545. Impact Factor: 1.246, (Springer Pub.),
- N.G. Siddesh Kumar, G.S. Shiva Shankar, S. Basavarajappa, and R. Suresh, (2018), Wear Behaviour of Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites at High Temperature, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Research, V‑09 (3−4) PP. 151 – 167, (Nova Pub.), ISSN: 1943 – 8095
- RaviKumar, H.N. Reddappa H N, R. Suresh, (2018), ‘Effect of Heat Treatment on Tensile Strength of Al7075/Al2O3/SiCp Hybrid Composite by Stir Casting Technique, Materials Today Proc., Vol. 5 (10-P3), pp. 22460 – 22465
- M. Gangadharappa, H.N. Reddappa, M. RaviKumar, R. Suresh, (2018), Mechanical and Wear Characterization of Al6061 Red Mud Composites, Materials Today Proc., Vol. 5 (10-P3), pp. 22384 – 22389. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2018.06.606
- M. Ravikumar, H. N. Reddappa, R. Suresh, (Dec. 2018), Aluminium Composites Fabrication Technique and Effect of Improvement in Their Mechanical Properties — A Review, Materials Today Proc., Vol. 5 (11-P3), pp. 23796 – 23805. (Elsevier pub.)
- M. Ravikumar, H. N. Reddappa, and R. Suresh, (2018), Electro-chemical studies of Aluminium 7075 reinforced with Al2O3/SiCp hybrid composites in acid chloride medium, AIP Conf. Proc., V- 1943, pp. 020096:1 – 6
- S.D. Kavitha, D.M. Shivanna, Sunil Kumar Kulkarni, R. Suresh, (2018), Effect of ramp rate on heat generating portion of composite sic heating elements, Int. Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, V‑9 (5), pp. 108 – 111
- N.G Siddesh Kumar, G. S Shiva Shankar, S. Basavarajappa, R. Suresh, (2017) Some studies on mechanical and machining characteristics of Al2219/n‑B4C/MoS2 nano-hybrid metal matrix composites, Measurement, 107, pp.1 – 11, Impact factor‑2.86. (Elsevier Pub.)
- V.M. Ravindranath, G.S. Shiva Shankar, S. Basavarajappab, R Suresh, (2017) Optimization of Al/B4C and Al/B4C/Gr MMC Drilling Using Taguchi Approach, Materials Today Proc. Vol. 4, pp. 11181 – 11187
- Ravikumar, M., Reddappa, H. N., Sreenivasa Reddy, M., R. Suresh, (2017), Effect of mechanical and wear behavior on Al7075/Al2O3/SiCp reinforced aluminum matrix composites (AMC)’, International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, Vol-09, 94 – 101
- Satish Kumar, N. Mohan, R. Suresh and Nitin K Khedkar, (2017), Effect of Cryogenic Treatment on Tool Steels, International journal of Advanced Research, 5(3) 1035 – 1045. http://dx.doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/3602
- K.G Sagar, P.M Suresh, R Suresh, H,N Reddappa, (2017) A Review on Plastic Deformationin Equal Channel Angular Pressing, , Advances in Scientific Research and Engineering, Vol. 3 (Sp I‑1), pp. 150 – 155 https://ijasre.net/uploads/2/3…
- S. Manjunath, B.S. Ajay Kumar, R. Suresh, and K.G. Satyanarayana, (2016)‘Effect of Deep Cry-treatment on M2 face milling cutters on surface roughness during machining of Al 6351 jobs using Statistical Techniques’, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Research, Vol‑7 (3−4), 141 – 162, (Nova pub.) ISSN: 1943 – 8095
- VM Ravindranath, GS Shivashankar, Basavarajappa, R Suresh, (2016) Effect of Cutting Parameters on Thrust Force and Surface Roughness in Drilling of Al-2219/B4C/Gr Metal Matrix Composites, IOP Conf. Material Science and Engineering:, 149: 012103 https://iopscience.iop.org/art…
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, V. N. Gaitonde, (2015) Experimental studies on the performance of multilayer coated carbide tool in hard turning of high strength low alloy steel, Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 30 (20), pp. 3056 – 3064, Impact Factor- 2.505 https://doi.org/10.1557/jmr.2015.236
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, V. N. Gaitonde, G. L. Samuel, (2014) Analysis of cutting forces and surface roughness in Hard Turning of AISI 4340 Using Multilayer Coated Carbide Tool, Int. Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials, Vol. 16(2), pp. 169 – 185, Impact factor — 0.56 (Inder-science Pub.) https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMMM.2014.064687
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, (2014) ‘Effect of Process Parameters on Tool Wear and Surface Roughness during Turning of Hardened Steel with Coated Ceramic Tool’, Proc. Material Science, Vol‑5, pp.1450 – 1459, (Elsevier Pub.) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mspro.2014.07.464
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, V. N. Gaitonde, G. L. Samuel, J. Paulo Davim, (2013) State of the Art Research in Machinability of Hardened Steels, Proc. IMechE., Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Vol. 227(2), pp.197 – 209, Impact factor ‑1.98, (Sage Pub.) https://doi.org/10.1177/0954405412464589
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G. L. Samuel, (2012) Some Studies on Hard Turning of AISI 4340 Steel Using Multilayer Coated Carbide Tool, Measurement, Vol-45 (7), pp-1872 – 1884. Impact factor‑3.36, (Elsevier Pub.), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2012.03.024
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, V. N. Gaitonde, G. L. Samuel, (2012) Machinability investigations on hardened AISI 4340 steel using coated carbide insert, Int. Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, Vol-33, pp-75 – 86, Impact factor ‑3.406, (Elsevier Pub.) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmhm.2012.02.019
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel, (2012) ‘Predictive modeling of cutting forces and tool wear in hard turning using response surface methodology’, Procedia Engineering, , Vol-38, pp-73 – 81. Impact factor — 0.705, (Elsevier Pub.) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2012.06.011
National Journal Papers:
- R. Suresh, T.N. Srikantha Dath, (2018), Prediction of Submerge Arc Welding Process Parameters through Grey Relation Analysis, SASTech journal, V- 17(1), pp. 29 – 32, (ISSN: 2249 – 5924) http://www.sastechjournal.com/…
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel (2012), ‘Force Prediction Model of Multilayer Coated Carbide Tool in Hard Turning of AISI 4340 Steel Using Response Surface Methodology’, Int. Journal of Advanced Materials Manufacturing and Characterization, Vol‑5, pp. 56 – 61. (ISSN: 2277 – 3886)
- R. Suresh, (2016) ‘Effect of cutting parameters on surface integrity in turning of hardened hot die steel with coated carbide tool’, Manufacturing Technology Today, V‑15(2) pp. 3 – 9. (ISSN: 0972 – 7396)
- R. Suresh, (2016) ‘Evaluation of thrust force and surface roughness in drilling of Al-2219/B4C/Gr metal matrix composites, Manufacturing Technology Today, Vol-15, Issuue‑7, pp-15 – 21. (ISSN: 0972 – 7396)
Chapters in Books:
- R Suresh, Ajith G. Joshi, (2017) Investigations on Machinability Characteristics of Hardened AISI H13 Steel with Multilayer Coated Carbide Tool Using Statistical Techniques, Handbook of Research on Manufacturing Process Modeling and Optimization Strategies, IGI Publication, Chapter‑9, pp: 194 – 207, ISBN13: 9781522524403.
http:// doi.org/DOI:10.4018/978 – 1‑5225 – 2440‑3.ch009
- Ajith G. Joshi, M. Manjaiah, R. Suresh, Mahesh B. Davangere, (2020) Ann modeling of surface roughness and thrust force during drilling of sic filler incorporated glass/epoxy composites, Ganesh M. Kakandikar, Dinesh G. Thakur (ed.) Nature-Inspired Optimization in Advanced Manufacturing Processes and Systems, Publisher: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, ISBN:9780367532604, EISBN: 9781003081166, pp. 149 – 173
International Conference Papers:
- Irfan Rangapur N., B. K. Swathi Prasad and R Suresh, (2019) Design and Development of Spherical Spy Robot for Surveillance Operation, Third International Conference on Computing and Network Communications (CoCoNet’19), December 18 – 21, 2019, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM‑K), Trivandrum,
- Sachit T S, N. Mohan, R. Suresh, S P Kumaresh babu, (2019) Optimization of dry sliding wear behaviour of Aluminum LM4 ‑Ta/NbC nano composite using Taguchi technique, International Conference on Materials and Manufacturing Methods, ICMMM-2019, NIT Trichy
- Giridhar S. Kulkarni, G. S. Shivashankar, R. Suresh, and N. G. Siddeshkumar, (2019) Dry sliding wear behavior of GFRP with liquid silicon rubber and reinforced with fine silica powder by Taguchi approach, ICPC 2018, NITK Surathkal, (2019)
- R Suresh, L. Shivaramu, T.N. Srikanth Dath, Effect of Process Parameters on Cutting Forces and Surface Roughness in Machining of DSS 2205 Using Taguchi’s Approach, GTMES-2018, Haasan, Karnataka.
- M. Srinivas, R Suresh, L. Shivaramu, Processing of Nickel-Copper Coated Carbon Fibre Rods reinforced Al6082/4%Al2O3/2%Gr matrix composites, ICRAMMT-2018, Hyderabad.
- P.S. Nanjundappa, R. Suresh, N. Sandeep, Reduction of Drying Cycle Time in the Manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients using Vacuum Dispersion Technique, 2nd World Congress On Drug Discovery And Development – 2018”, Bangalore
- R. Suresh, T.N. Srikanth Dath, R. Suraj, S. Vignesh, Study of wear behavior of Al2219/B4C/Gr Metal Matrix Composites using Statistical Analysis, 30 – 31st March ICAMMAS-2017, Chennai.
- R. Suresh, Sohit Reddy. K, Karthik Shapur, Abrasive Jet Machining for Micro-hole drilling on Glass and GFRP Composites”, ICMPC 2017, Hyderabad
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, V. N Gaitonde, ‘Effect of Cutting speed and Feed rate on Surface integrity in Turning of Hardened AISI 4340 steel using coated Carbide Inserts’, Indo-Malaysia joint venture “International Conference on Modern, Intelligent and Green Manufacturing” (ICMIGM-2015) Dec. 11th to 12th 2015, ESEC, T.N., India
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, ‘Investigations on Machinability Characteristics of Hardened H13 Steel Turning with Continuous and Interrupt Surfaces using Coated Carbide Inserts’, 5th and 26th International Conference on Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research (AIMTDR 2014) Dec. 12th to 14th 2014, . IIT Guahati, Assam, India
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, ‘Turning of Hardened H13 Steel with Interrupted and Continuous Surfaces using Multilayer Coated Carbide Tool’, International Colloquium on Materials Manufacturing and Metrology (ICMM-2014), Aug. 8th and 9th 2014, pp. 539 – 544. IITM, Chennai, T.N.
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, ‘Effect of Process Parameters on Tool Wear and Surface Roughness during Turning of Hardened Steel with Coated Ceramic Tool’, International conference on advanced manufacturing and materials Engineering (ICAMME-2014), NITK, Surathkal, Mar. 27 – 29th 2014
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, ‘Tool wear and surface roughness prediction by response surface methodology in turning of hardened AISI H13 steel with coated ceramic tool’’, Int. Conf. on computer Aided Engineering (CAE-2013), 19th & 21th Dec. 2013, pp. 539 – 544. IITM, Chennai, T.N.
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel, ‘Predictive modeling of cutting forces and tool wear in hard turning using response surface methodology’, Int. Conf. on Modeling Optimization and Computing, (ICMOC-2012), 10th & 11th April 2012, Noorul Islam University, Kumarcoil, Kanyakumari (D), T.N.
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel ‘Force Prediction Model of Multilayer Coated Carbide Tool in Hard Turning of AISI 4340 Steel Using Response Surface Methodology’, Int. Conf. on Materials Processing and Characterization, (ICMPC-2012), 8th to10th March 2012, GRIET, Hyderabad.
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel, ‘Tool life, wear behavior and surface roughness in turning of hardened AISI4340 steel with ceramics and coated carbide cutting tools’, Int. Conf. on Recent Trends in Advanced materials, (ICRAM-2012), VIT University, Vellore, 20 – 22nd Feb.2012.
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel, ‘Influence of process parameters on surface, subsurface deformation and through thickness residual stress distribution in hard turning of AISI 4340 steel’, Int. Conf. on Operational Excellence for Global Competitiveness, (ICOEGC-2011), 3 – 5th Feb. 2011, RVCE, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel, ‘Effect of machining parameters on surface integrity in hard machining and its impact on functional performance’, Int. Conf. on Frontiers in mechanical Engineering, (FIME-2010), 22nd May 2010, NITK, Suratkal, Karnataka
- R. Suresh, S. Basavarajappa, G.L. Samuel, ‘Design optimization of process parameters for turning of hardened AISI 4340 alloy steel based on Taguchi method’, Int. Conf. on Advanced materials, Manufacturing, management and Thermal Sciences, (AMMMT-2010), 18 – 19th Nov. 2010, SIT, Tumkur, Karnataka
- R. Suresh , Optimization of Process Parameters in Submerge Arc Welding of Low Carbon Alloy Steel Joints using Statistical Techniques, 2017, National Welding Meet ‑2017,(NWM-2017) 12 – 13th May 2017, Bangalor
- R. Suresh , Optimization of Process Parameters in Submerge Arc Welding of Low Carbon Alloy Steel Joints using Statistical Techniques, 2017, National Welding Meet ‑2017,(NWM-2017) 12 – 13th May 2017, Bangalore.
International Conference Organized:
- Organized the “International Conferences on materials research” (ICAMR-2019) on 25th ‑27th July 2019 , RUAS, Bangalore and All the Conference papers Published in American Institute of Physics (AIP Conf. series) (Scopus indexed).
- R. Suresh, Swathi Prasad, Irfan Rangapur “Spherical Spy Robot for Surveillance Operations”, Indian Patent Application: 201941053793, Case no.:SC.000777, December 24, 2019. FET –RUAS (Patent Filed)
- R&D on Hardened Steel Machining, Grant-in-aid sanctioned Rs.50.00 Lakhs under KCTU, Govt. of Karnataka and Govt. of India, Principal ‑Investigator (PI), Mar. 2017- 2019. (Completed)
- Technology Gap Analysis for Channapatna Toys Cluster, Grant-in-aid sanctioned Rs.15.00 Lakhs under TIFAC-MSME-DST, (Co-PI), May 2019 (completed)
- R&D on Advanced Metallographic and Material Testing,’ Grant-in-aid sanctioned Rs.10.5 Lakhs under AICTE, Principal ‑Investigator (PI), June 2013 (Completed)
INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION (ISTE)