Research and teaching experience in materials and manufacturing. Have been PI for Sponsored projects from Government as well as Private Enterprise. Wide experience in Corporate training.
Ph.D in Oxidation and Mechanical Properties of Molybdenum Disilicide
National Aerospace Laboratories(NAL), Bengaluru, Mangalore University
M.Tech. (Materials Engineering), KREC (Present NITK, Suratkal)
M.Sc. (Materials Science)
B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Total Years of Experience: 20 Years 8 Months
Academic Experience: 14 years
- Professor, MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru — 7 Years (2007 — 2014)
- Professor, MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru — 7 Years (2014- Till Date)
Industry Experience: 6 Months
- Engineer at NAL, Structural Integrity Division, Bengaluru — 6 Months (1995 June ‑1995 November)
Research Experience: 6 Years
- Research Associate, IIT Bombay, Materials & Materials Engineering Dept., Mumbai — 2 Years (1995−1997)
- Research Associate(CSIR-RA), National Aerospace Laboratories, Mat. Sci. Div., Bengaluru — 4 Years (1998−2002)
- Automotive Materials
- · Polymers and Composites
- Heat Treatment of Materials
- Corrosion and its Prevention
- Coatings and Surface Treatments
- Selection of Materials for Automotive Applications
- Aerospace Materials and Selection
- Design Consideration and Testing Methods for Material Selection
List of companies to Training:
Mercedes Benz (R&D), Mahindra Research Centre (MRV), Indian Railways, Goodrich India, Mahindra Navistar, Rane Holdings, Rane NSK Ltd., HCL India, Schneider Electrics, Ingersoll Rand, KPIT-Cummins, Bosch Ltd., Volvo-Eicher, BFL, Continental
Synthesis and behavior studies of materials for different applications in automotive, aerospace, biomaterial and energy fields
- Ceramics and its composites; High temperature materials
- Coatings: Vapour Depositions and Spin coating
- Nanomaterials & Composites
- Selection of materials for Automotive and Aerospace and Manufacturing
- biomaterial and energy fields
Oxidation and Mechanical Properties of Molybdenum Disilicide
- Niranjan G. S., Suman M. L. J. and Srikari S., “Effect of Molding Process Induced Anisotropy on Structural Performance of Bumper Fascia”, Proceedings of TFMS 2014, 2nd National Conference on Thermal Fluid and Manufacturing Science, January 24 – 25, 2014, Surat, Gujarat, India
- Srikari S. and Parthasarathy, B. “Study on the Effect of Cation Substitution for Hydroxyapatite Porous Coating on Titanium Substrates” National Conference on Recent Advances in Material Science, MSRIT, Bengaluru, 2011
International Conference Papers
- Libin George, Dhanasekaran Radhakrishanan, Raja R. and Srikari S. “Study on Performance Evaluation of Thermal Barrier Coating as Insulation for Exhaust Components”, SIAT 2021 Conference (Accepted)
- Bharath Hemanth, N. C. Mahendra Babu, H. G. Shivakumar and Srikari S., “Design and Analysis of Grid Stiffened Fuselage Panel with Curved Stiffeners”, AIP Conference Proceedings, 1943, 020006, 2018
- Shreyas Sudheendra, Rahul M. Cadambi, Srikari S., “MoS2 Nanosheets for Improving Electrode Potential Properties”, Materials Today Proceedings International Conference on Nanotechnoplogy, IIT Roorke: Ideas, Innovation and Initiative, 2017
- Keyur N. Solanki, Rahul M. Cadambi, Srikari S. and S. R. Shankapal, “Synthesis of Nanostructured Molybdenum Disulfide by Chemical Vapour Deposition”, AMMMT Conference 2016
- Suman M.L.J., Srikari S., Mahesh G. and Vinod K. Banthia, “Prediction of Fatigue and Fracture Life of an Autofreggated Turbine Compressor Disc using Finite Element Analysis”, Proceedings of the ASME 2014 Gas Turbine India Conference, GT India 2014 – 8243
- Nitin Tekavde, Suman M. L. J., Srikari S. and Vinod K. Banthia, “Redesign of Crash-Box for Enhanced Energy Absorption in Low Velocity Impact” SAE International, SAE Technical Paper 2016−28−0254, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016 – 28-0254
- Anil Kumar, Lalith Kumar, Srikari S. and Vinod K. Banthia, “Effect of Hydroforming and Stamping Processes for Crashworthiness of an S‑rail” Int. Conference on Forming Technology: Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies, Malaysia, 2009.
National Journal Papers
- Sooraj Satheesh, Srikari S. and Shivakumar H.G., Numerical Investigation of Cross Car Beam using Magnesium Alloy for Weight Reduction, Vol 17, Issue 1, January 2018
- Vandana Chaturvedi, Srikari S. and M. L. J. Suman, “Effect of Bonding Technique on Debonding of Complex Composite Skin/Stringer Configuration” , SASTECH Journal, 15, No.1, 2015-04-02
- Santosh R. N., Suman M. L. J. and Srikari S., “Design of Helicopter Main Drive Flexible Shaft with Hybrid Construction for Weight Reduction”, SASTECH Journal, 14, No.1, 2015-04-02
- Vinay G. Hegde, Arup K. Bhattacharya and Srikari S., “Design of Mobile Raw Milk Chilling Unit for Rural Areas”, SASTACH Journal, 13, No.1, 2014
- Ramesh C. K., Srikari S. & Suman M. L. J., “Design of Hood Stifefner of a Sedan Car for Pedestrain Safety” SASTECH Journal, 11 No.2, pp.67 – 73, 2012
- Shree Harsha, Srikari S. & Suman, M. L. J., “Prediction of Car Fuel Tank Behavior under Rear Impact by a Moving Deformable Barrier” SASTECH Jl, 10, No.2, 2011.
- Thomas, T.G., Srikari S. & Suman, M.L.J. () “Design of Connecting Rod for Heavy Duty Applications Produced by Different Processes for Enhanced Fatigue Life” SASTECH Jl, 10, No.1, 2011
- Sujith S. Deshpande, Vinod K Banthia., Srikari S., Jagadeesh K. and Chowdhary N. “Investigation of the Effects of Different Braking Systems on Rail Wheel Spalling”, SASTECH Jl., Sep. 2010
- Satheesh Kumar P., Srikari S., Mahesh N. S., and Sanjeev Reddy S. “Structural Analysis of Fiber Filled Plastics with Process Induced Anisotropy”, SASTECH Jl., Sep. 2010
- Vinay S. Seeba, Srikari S., Vinod K. Banthia, “Design and Analysis of a Plastic Door Module for a Car Body Application”, SASTECH Jl., Vol.1, Issue 10, May 2010.
- Raghunathan M. A, Vinod K. Banthia, Rahul Ravi and Srikari S., “Design of Front End of a Low Speed Vehicle for Pedestrian Safety”, SASTECH Jl., Vol.1, Issue 10, May 2010.
- Anil Kumar, Lalith Kumar, Srikari S. and Vinod K. Banthia, “Effect of Hydroforming and Stamping Processes for Crashworthiness of an S‑rail”, SASTECH Jl., Vol.2, Issue 9, Sep. 2009.
International Journal Papers
- Keyur N. Solanki, Rahul M. Cadambi, Srikari S. and S. R. Shankapal, Synthesis of Nanostructured Molybdenum Disulfide by Chemical Vapour Deposition”, Materials Today Proceedings, 4 (2017) 11134 – 11140
- Srikari Tantri P., Sheela K. Ramasesha. J‑S. Lee, T.Yano, and U. Ramamurthy, “Effect of double reinforcements on elevated temperature strength and toughness of Molybdenum disilicide”, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 87(4), 626 – 632 (2004).
- Srikari Tantri P., E. Moses, S. K. Biswas and Sheela K. Ramasesha, “Role of in-situ generated tribo-film on the tribological characteristics of Monolithic and TiB2 reinforced MoSi2”, Mater. Sci. & Engg. A336, 64 – 71, (2002).
- Srikari Tantri P., S. Ushadevi and Sheela K. Ramasesha, “High temperature x‑ray studies of Barium and strontium zirconium phosphate based low thermal expansion materials”, Mater. Res. Bull., 37 (6) 1141 – 1142 (2002).
- E. Moses, Srikari Tantri P., T. A. Bhaskaran, S. K. Biswas and Sheela K. Ramasesha, “Performance of Monolithic and TiB2 reinforced MoSi2 in dry sliding contact with steel”, Mater. Lett. 53, 379 – 383 (2002).
- Srikari Tantri P., Anup K. Bhattacharya and Sheela K. Ramasesha, “Synthesis and properties of MoSi2 based engineering ceramics”, Proc. of Indian Acad. of Sci., Chemical Sci. 113 (5&6), 633 – 649 (2001).
- Srikari Tantri P., K. Geetha, A. M. Umarji and Sheela K. Ramasesha, “Thermal Expansion Behaviour of Barium and Strontium Zirconium Phosphates”, Bull. Mater. Sci. 23(6), 491 – 494 (2000).
- Sheela K. Ramasesha, Srikari Tantri P., E. Moses and S. K. Biswas, “Effect of densification and TiB2 reinforcement on the wear of Molybdenum Disilicide”, Tribol. Lett. 8, 219 – 222 (2000).
- Sheela K. Ramasesha, Srikari Tantri P. and Anup K. Bhattacharya, “MoSi2 and MoSi2 – based materials as structural ceramics”, Metals, Materials and Processes, 12, 181 – 190 (2000)
- Satish Vitta and Srikari Tantri P., “Microstructural dependence of electrical transport in bulk CuxGe1‑x”, Mater. Sci. & Engg. B52, 185 – 188 (1998).
- DST-JSPS Fellowship — High temperature mechanical behavior of Ceramic Matrix Composites, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, 2001
- Grants: As PI and Co-PI for sponsored projects
- Faurecia Clean Mobility, Bengaluru: Thermal barrier Coatings for automotive systems (2018 onwards)
- AR&DB under GTMAP programme: PI: “Development of Heat Flux Sensor for Aero Gas Turbine Engine Combustors”, Co-PIs: Dr. H. K. Narahari and Dr. Malathi S. (2018−2020)
- Welcome-DBT: Fellowship Supervisor, Experimental and Simulation Studies on Prediction of Crack Initiation and Propagation of Fracture in Dental Ceramic Restorations-Early career development fellowship for Dr. Sivaranjani Gali (2019−2024)
- DST-SERB: Design and Development of High Performance Magnetostrictive Cobalt Ferrite Thin Films for Sensors and Actuators Applications, Dr. Anantharamiah (PI) (2019−2021)
- ICMR: Synthesis and Characterization of a Novel Bioactive Theobromine Based Nanofiber Composite as a Dental Restorative Material Dr. Pushpalatha (PI), & Dr. Deveswaran R (2019−2020)
- DST-SERI –Development of MoS2 nanorods for Solar Cell Application: Meant for solar cell applications (2014−2017)
- GTRE-GATET (Gas Turbine Research Establishment (project): Damage Tolerance Evaluation of Gas Turbine Engine Fan Blade-out Containment Structures (2011−2014)
- DST ‑SERC –Synthesis and Bioactivity Studies on Substituted-Hydroxyapatite (HA) Coating for Biomedical Application (2009−2012)
- Invited Lectures: Rane Holdings, Pvt. Ltd. Chennai, One day Innovations Workshop, 2014
Indian Structural Integrity Society (InSIS),
Indian Carbon Society
Member of DAC committee of NAL, Materials Division: Has been elected as AcSiR member, NAL- Materials Science Division from CSIR for selection of Candidates for PhD programmes and review of PhD progress of the candidates, Examiner for PhD candidates as well as JRF and SRF selection member
NCMDAO 2019 & 2020: Had carried out review of papers
Technical Committee member