Dr. Shwetha K M works as a Reader at the Department of Public Health Dentistry under the Faculty of Dental Sciences, RUAS. She teaches various modules to both postgraduate and undergraduate students. She is a project advisor for undergraduates and a thesis supervisor for postgraduates. She began her association with the university as a Senior Lecturer at M S Ramaiah Dental College (2009 – 2014).
At various points, she has taken on several additional roles and responsibilities as a member of the Ethics Committee for many years, and the Research Committee, Hospital Infection Control Committee, and Post Graduate Academic Committee since 2015. She has also served as a member of the Dental Education Committee (2014 — 2016), the Undergraduate Academic Committee (2010 — 2012, 2012 — 2015), and the College Alumni Association.
Currently, she is pursuing her Ph.D. studies at M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences. The topic for her thesis is “Development of a Health Intervention Model for Primary Health Care Work Force in Imparting Oral Cancer Information to Indian Rural Community.”
M.S.Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru in the specialty of Public Health Dentistry- registered in 2014
Master of Dental Surgery
M.S.Ramaiah Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru Specialty: Community Dentistry / Public Health Dentistry in 2009
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, Karnataka in 2002
Total Years Of Experience :
10 Years 9 Months.
Dental Public Health.
Research Interests :
- Oral health promotion of oral disease.
- Oral Cancer and Oral Premalignant disorders in the community.
- trends in oral diseases.
- Dental Education.
Research Expertise :
Oral health promotion.
International Journal Papers:
- Shwetha K M, Ranganath K, Pushpanjali K (2019). The attitude of accredited social health activists towards creating awareness on oral cancer in the rural community of Chikkaballapur district, Karnataka. Indian J Community Med, 44, Suppl S1, pp.46 – 9. 2)
- Manoranjitha BS, Shwetha KM., Pushpanjali K., (2017) A systematic review of health education theories and approaches in improving oral health behavior among adults. Int J Community Med Public Health.4(2),pp.286293.
- Shwetha, K.M., Pushpanjali Krishnappa (2009) Prevalence of maxillofacial injuries by motorized two-wheeler road traffic accidents in Bangalore city. Dental Traumatology, 25, pp.599 – 604.
National Journal Papers:
- Shwetha K.M, Dr.K.Pushpanjali (2011) Dental Fluorosis among School Children in Tumkur District, Karnataka — A Survey Report Journal of the Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry,18, pp. 40 – 42.
- Shweta H, Sugavanesh P, Shwetha KM, Pushpanjali K (2011) Early Detection and prompt referral- A field report. Dental Vision, 7, pp. 7 – 9.
- Shwetha K.M., Pushpanjali Krishnappa (2013) Diagnosis and Treatment Option for Dental Caries Using Photographs- A Study Among Undergraduate Students. JIAPHD, 11(2), pp. 5 – 11.
- Satheesh Kumar, Shwetha K.M, Pushpanjali K. (2013) Assessment of Atmospheric Mercury Levels by Indigenously Developed Equipment in Dental Health Care Settings in Bangalore. Journal of The Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management, 12(1), pp. 20 – 25.
- Shwetha K M., Pushpanjali K (2013) Prevalence of Oral cancer and Oral Premalignant Disorders OPMDs) in Kaiwara‑A cross-sectional study. J. of Dental and Oro-facial Research, 8(1) pp. 43 – 46.
- Neelanjali Matapathi, Sneha Shenoy, K., Shwetha K. M., Pushpanjali K., (2014) Effectiveness of Educational Intervention among Adolescents Pertaining to Tobacco Consumption in Bangalore City, J. of Dental & Orofacial Research, 10(2), pp. 4 – 7.
- Shwetha K.M., Pallavi H.N., Pushpanjali K (2016). Dental care utilization by Accredited Social Health activist and Anganwadi workers in Chintamani Taluk, Karnataka. J. Indian Assoc Public Health Dent, 14(2), pp. 135 – 8.
- Shwetha K.M., Sivaranjani Gali (2016). Professionalism in Healthcare Education. Journal of Dental & Oro-facial Research, 12(1), pp. 14 – 18.
- Vaibhav Gupta, Shwetha KM., Pushpanjali K., K Sneha Shenoy, (2016). Challenges faced by dental undergraduates during clinical training: A qualitative study. J Indian Associate Public Health Dent,14(4),pp.429 – 33.
- Tejaswini B. D., Shwetha K. M., Pushpanjali K.,(2017) Effectiveness of Health Education Models and Approaches in Creating Awareness on Oral Diseases Among Adolescents- a Systematic Review. Journal of Dental & Orofacial Research,13(1), pp. 22 – 30.
- Shwetha K.M., Ranganath K. Prevention of Oral Cancer and Its Risk Factors by Health Workers through Health Education- A Review. Journal of Dental & Oro-facial Research, 14(1), pp.55 – 62.
- Ashwini K., Kushali S., Midhuna M., Shravani G., Sharanya R., Anjali, Aishwarya A., Shwetha K.M. (2019 ) Assessment of Oral Hygiene of Children with Speech and Hearing Impairment Using Tailor-Made Oral Health Education Tools.
Journal of Dental and Orofacial Research, 15(1) pp.15 – 21 Chapters for textbook: Chapters in Books: Contributed as a coauthor for the chapter “Occupational hazards in dentistry” for the Textbook on Preventive and Community Dentistry 3rd Edition, Elsevier Publication 2016.
- Best paper in 2nd International Public Health Conference 2019 at Kochi.
- As supervisor: One of the PG dissertations was awarded as Best Dissertation at the 3rd Annual Convocation dated January 16th, 2019.
- One of the UG student selected and represented UG project team at TUFH Conference, Limerick, Ireland, August 2018 (Scholarship for Conference registration, travel, and accommodation – FAIMER under the theme- ‘Projects that works’ on Social Accountability) (Student: Ms. Kushali)
Life member of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry
Life member of Indian Dental Association
Life member of International Association of Oral Oncology