Dr Shama Ravichandran is an Assistant Professor at RUAS with about a decade of experience in research, teaching and academics. She specializes in control engineering. As part of her research activities, she is studying in-depth the application of non-linear control systems in robotics and power electronic systems in order to not only resolve but also greatly simplify real world problems. She holds BE, ME and PhD degrees and was awarded the‘DST PURSE’ fellowship by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2010 – 2013).
CEG, Anna University, Chennai
M.E (Control & Instrumentation)
CEG, Anna University, Chennai
B.E (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
KCET, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience : 7 years
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, RUAS. (July 2015 — present)
Research Experience: 6 years
- Doctoral Research (2009 — 2015), CEG (College of Engineering, Guindy), Anna University, Chennai.
- Served as Head of Centre for Control Systems and Robotics Research (CCSRR), RUAS (2016−2017), Member (2016-Present).
- Reviewer for reputed journals such as IEEE Power Electronics, IET Power Electronics & IEEE Industrial Electronics.
- Reviewer for in house SasTech Journal, RUAS.
Nonlinear Control, Control of Power Electronic Converters, Harvesting Robots, Robot Manipulator Control
Nonlinear Control of Uncertain Dynamical Systems
- Nonlinear Control
- Control theory
- Dynamical Systems
- Harvesting Robots
- Shama Ravichandran, Nagaraj KS & Patnaik SK, “Design and implementation of a novel control architecture by combining H∞ and sliding mode schemes for a boost converter”, Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1 – 20, 2013. SJR-Q3.
- Shama Ravichandran & Sanjib Kumar Patnaik, “Implementation of dual loop controller for positive output elementary Luo converter”, IET Power Electronics, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 885 – 893, 2013. SJR-Q1.
- Shama Ravichandran, Krishna Rao Vutukuru & Patnaik SK, “SM based IMC-PID control of a single switch quadratic boost converter for wide DC conversion ratios”, Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 41, no. 16, pp. 1617 – 1634, 2013. SJR-Q2.
- Sadath AG, Shama Ravichandran, Balappa BU & Nagananda SN, “Design and development of an automatic watchstrap packaging machine”, SASTech Journal, vol. 17, no. 2, 2018.
- Shubham Kankurte, Soujanya & Shama Ravichandran, “Comparative Study of Conventional Control Techniques for a DC-DC Buck Converter”, Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 6, no. 1, 2021.
- Mamatha, Likhith, Rajath, Shama Ravichandran & Nikita, “FL based MPPT technique for photovoltaic systems”, Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels, 2022. SJR-Q4.
INTERNATIONAL / NATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Shama Ravichandran, Patnaik SK & Umamaheswari B, “Design of two-loop control by combining H∞ and sliding mode schemes for a boost converter”, Proceedings of the 3rd National conference on Advances in Energy Conservation Technologies (AECT-2009), Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Karnataka.
- Vinila ML, Shama Ravichandran, Patnaik SK & Umamaheswari B, “Dual loop controller design for POEL converter”, Proceedings of the National conference on Power Instrumentation Control and Computing (PICC-2010), Government Engineering College, Trissur, Kerala.
- Krishna Rao Vutukuru, Shama Ravichandran, & Patnaik SK “SM based IMC-PID control of single switch quadratic boost converter for wide DC conversion ratios”, Proceedings of the 2nd International conference on Advances in Control and Optimization of Dynamic Systems (ACODS-2012), IISC, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Nagaraj KS, Shama Ravichandran, & Patnaik SK, “A novel sliding mode controller design to optimize efficiency and transient response of a DC-DC Cuk converter”, All India Seminar on Recent Technological Developments in Energy, Energy Efficiency and Energy Conservation held on 25th & 26th February 2011, The Institution of Engineers (India), Chennai.
- Nitesh Kumar N, Shankaragouda R Patil, Prabhudeva, Srikanth and Shama Ravichandran, “Feedback Controller Design for a DC DC Buck Converter”, 4th IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technologies 2021, Velalar College of Engineering and Technology, Erode.
- Sidharth, Praveen, Suresh and Shama Ravichandran, “Design and Implementation of Bluetooth Controlled Weeder”, 5th IEEE International Conference on IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud 2021, Velalar College of Engineering and Technology, Erode.
- Lankesh, Shama Ravichandran and Suresh R (May 2023) ‘Design and Development of a People Counting System,’ in 2023 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Computing, Communication and Sustainable Technologies (ICAECT), pp. 1 – 4.
- Venkat Nikhil, Shama Ravichandran and Naveen Kumar (May 2023), ‘Rover Robot for Solar Panel Cleaning and Monitoring’, in 2022 IEEE North Karnataka Subsection Flagship International Conference (NKCon), pp. 1 – 5.
BOOK CHAPTERS PUBLISHED (SPRINGER)
- Navid A Mulla, Shama Ravichandran, Pramod Kumar Naik & Balappa BU, “Computer vision system to detect maturity of tomatoes in real time using deep learning”, Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 2022, Vol. 302, pp. 503 – 513 – SJR-Q4.
- Navid A Mulla, Shama Ravichandran & Balappa BU, “Intelligent computer vision system for detection of tomatoes in real time”, Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2022, Vol. 1483, pp. 42 – 51– SJR-Q4.
- Aditya Gagan Hedge, Praveen & Shama Ravichandran, “Design and development of harness testing equipment for automotive applications”, 2022, Vol. 1, pp. 773 – 786, Data Intelligence and Cognitive Informatics.
- Obtained overall OC Rank 1 in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2007 for Post Graduate studies
- Awarded ‘DST PURSE’ fellowship by DST, Government of India from June 2010 to January 2013