Currently, I teach construction management courses at MSRUAS, Bangalore and I also an independent researcher. Aim to provide project-based learning (an outcome based education) to the civil engineering students. An IIT Delhi graduate with 5 years of research experience in project change management. Also, industry experience of 4.6 years in the construction projects provided me with insights to fill the gap between academics and industry requirements. Skilled in change management, risk management, project planning, scheduling, and control.
Ph. D in Construction Engineering and Management
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, New Delhi
M. Tech in Construction Engineering and Management
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, New Delhi
B. Tech in Civil Engineering
GITAM UNIVERSITY, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Total Years of Experience: 5.7 years
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering — M.S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru — 1 Year 2 Months (Jan-2020 to Till date)
- Full time researcher in Change management in construction projects — IIT Delhi — 5 Years (Jan 2015-Dec 2019)
- Manager ‑Planning and contracts — M/s NKG InfrastructureLimited, Noida, UP — 2 Years (July 2011 to June 2013)
- Assistant Manager ‑Planning and contracts — M/s NKG InfrastructureLimited, Noida, UP — 1 Year (July 2010 to June 2011)
- Senior Planning Engineer-Civil — M/s Larsen & Toubro Limited, Lucknow, UP — 1 Year 6 Months (July 2013 to Dec 2014)
Time and cost prediction, project change management, risk analysis, simulation based planning of projects, information management, BIM Implementation, Applications of hybrid Artificial Intelligent(AI) techniques, quality control using IOT
Time and cost prediction, project change management, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling and control, cost management, BIM implementation
- BIM Implementation
- Artificial Intelligent
A Matrix-based Framework for Modeling Changes across Multiple Entity Types in Construction Projects
National Conference Papers:
- Raman A, Gupta S, Padala SPS (2010). Experimental studies on seismic behavior of bridge-pier system supported by well foundation. 14th Symposium on Earthquake Engineering, IIT Roorkee, December 17 – 19.
- Padala SPS, Maheswari, JU (2016). A Roadmap for Integration of Design and Construction Decision making. International Conference on Recent developments in design and construction technologies of Tall Structures (REDECON), 9 – 12 Nov, Bangalore, 296 – 300.
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU. (2017). Axiomatic Design Approach for Constructability Improvement of Construction Projects. International Conference on Construction, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Projects Management (ICCRIP), National Institute of Construction Management and Research, 10 – 11 Nov, Pune, 121 – 129.
International Conference Papers:
- Maheswari, JU, Charlesraj, VPC, Kumar G S, Padala SPS. (2016). A study on Delay Assessment of Non-Conformances using MDM: A Case Study from Metro Projects. International Conference on Sustainable Design, Engineering and Construction (ICSDEC), 18 — 20 May, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA. 622 – 629.
- Padala S.P.S., Maheswari J.U. (2017). A Study on ‘Design Thinking’ for Constructability. International Conference on Research into Design, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 9 – 11 January, Guwahati.
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU. (2017). Application of Axiomatic Design Approach for Constructability in Design. International Technology Congress, December 28 – 29, Technology research centre, Pune. Awarded best paper.
- Padala SPS, Pal B, Maheswari JU. (2018). Integration of Axiomatic Design and Fuzzy AHP for Sewer Pipe Selection. 1st International Conference on New Frontiers in Engineering, Science & Technology (NFEST), Delhi Technological University, 8 – 12 Jan, New Delhi, 445 – 451.
- Maheswari J.U., Padala S.P.S., Sharma S., Sariyal S. (2019) Application of MDM for Scheduling Iteration in Construction Projects. International Conference on Research into Design. Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, 9 – 11 January, Bangalore.
National Journal Papers
- Padala SPS, Maheswari, JU, Tandur, S, Hirani, H. (2016). Stakeholder’s Influence on Design-Construction Planning. Journal of Construction Engineering, Technology & Management, STM Journals, 6(2), 34 – 41.
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU. (2017). An Axiomatic Design Approach for Design-Construction Integration of Construction Projects, National Institute of Construction Management and Research Journal, 32(4), 5 – 15.
International Journal Papers
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU. (2019). Axiomatic Design Framework for Changeability in design of Construction Projects. Asian Journal of Civil Engineering, 6(2), 34 – 41.
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU, Hirani, H. (2020). Identification and classification of changes causes and effects in construction projects. International Journal of Construction Management, https://doi.org/10.1080/156235…
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU (2021). A Review on Problem-Focus in Matrix-based Methods in Construction Projects. Malaysian Construction Research Journal, Vol 34.
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU, Hirani, H. (2021). A Framework for Modelling Changes across Multiple Entity types in Construction Projects, International Journal of Construction Management Accepted, In press.
- Padala SPS, Maheswari JU, Hirani, H. (2020). Change prediction in construction projects –literature review. International Journal of Construction Management, under review.
Chapters in Books:
- Padala SPS, Maheswari, JU (2017). A Study on ‘Design Thinking’ for Constructability, Research into Design for Communities, Volume 1,Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, Chakrabarti, Amaresh,Chakrabarti, Debkumar (Eds.),Springer series, 361 – 370
- Padala SPS, MaheswariJU. (2018). Application of Axiomatic Design Approach for Constructability in Design. Advances in Renewable Energy and Sustainable Systems. Nova science publishers, 273 – 384
- Maheswari, JU, Padala SPS, Sharma S, and Suchita S (2019). Application of MDM for Scheduling Iteration in Construction Projects. Research into Design for a Connected World, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, Chakrabarti, Amaresh(Ed.), Springer series. 175 – 184.
- Secured all India rank of 85 in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in 2008 for Post Graduate Admission in Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT DELHI)
- Awarded Top Performer for the year 2014 – 15 in planning department of building and factories division by Larsen and Toubro Limited.
- Jury member to evaluate researcher projects at Open House exhibition 2015 at IIT Delhi.
- Peer reviewer for ICSDEC’16 (International Conference on Sustainable Design, Engineering and Construction), Tempe, USA.
- External Examiner for MBA — Construction Management & Quantity surveying students, RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University, Noida
- Project Planning and Control at, May 7th, 2018
- Summer internship Viva voce, 17 – 18th August 2017
- Mock Interviews, 27 – 28th July 2017
- Best research paper award on “Application of Axiomatic Design Approach for Constructability in Design” at International Technology Congress 2017
- Topper (Top 2%) — NPTEL online course — Effective engineering teaching in practice, 2018
- Topper (GOLD) — NPTEL online course — Outcome-based pedagogic principles for effective teaching, 2019
- Reviewer for International journal of construction management, Scopus/SCI indexed, Taylor and Francis publication, UK.
- Reviewer for Engineering Construction and Architectural Management, Scopus indexed/SCI, Emerald publication, UK.