Dr Ravikumar B S has been working as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, RUAS since May 2017. He has taught several modules including Mathematical Methods of Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Solid State Physics, Instrumentation and Experimental Physics, Physics of Semiconductor Devices and Engineering Physics. With over 12 years academic teaching experience, he sets aside time for advising postgraduate (MS) students on their thesis. He obtained his PhD degree from Tumkur University in Tumkur (2016). During this time, he was a key part of the Respond SAC — ISRO funded project entitled “Development of Advanced Gas Nano Sensors for Atmospheric and Environmental Monitoring” that received excellent ratings (8 out of 10).
Tumkur University, Tumkur
Bangalore University, Bangalore
Bangalore University, Tumkur
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience :
- lecturer in the department of Physics — M.S. Ramaiah Composite P.U. College, Bangalore, Karnataka — 10 Months (May- 2008 to Mar — 2009)
- Assistant Professor in the department of Physics — Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore — 2 Years (August 1st 2013 to 9th Sept 2015)
- Assistant Professor in the department of Physics — Dayananda
Sagar Innovative University, Bangalore — 2 Years (10th Sept 2015 to May 9th 2017)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore — 3 Years (10th May 2017 to till date)
Research and Industry Experience:
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) — M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT), Bangalore. (Mar — 2009 to Jan — 2010), Project title: “Aspects of Chern-Simons Modified Quantum Electrodynamics”, funded by DAE- BRNS
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) ‑Prof. C.N.R. Rao Research Centre, Tumkur University, Tumkur. (August 2012-march 2013), Project title: “Development of Advanced Gas nano Sensors for Atmospheric and
Environmental Monitoring”, SAC-ISRO Respond funded project
- Research Associate(RA) and Senior Research Fellow (SRF) — Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore-560 012. (May — 2010 to July — 2013), Project title: “Installation of NO and OH PLIF imaging in Supersonic and Hypersonic flow facility”
nanomaterials — Optical studies, Spectroscopy of Luminescence Solids, Nanomaterials — Gas Sensors
Synthesis of nanostructure materials by bottom up approach, Hands on expertise with Powder X‑ray Diffractometer (PXRD), Shimadzu – 7000s for powder/thin film samples. Hands on expertise with Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy (SEM), Hitachi 3000. Hands on experience in Spectroflourimeter for Photoluminescence studies, Horiba JACOB YVON. Expertise in the study of gas sensors properties for different toxic gases. Expertise in the study of Photoluminescence and Thermoluminescence properties for nanophosphors applications.
- Gas Sensors
- Spectroscopy of Luminescence Solids
Luminescent Properties of wet chemical Synthesized Rare Earth and Transition Metal Ions Doped ZnAl2O4 Nanophosphors.
International Conference Papers / National Conference Papers:
- Synthesis, Characterization and thermal conductivity study of ZnO nanofluid, International conference on advanced ceramics and nanomaterials for sustainable development (ACeND), Christ University, India, 19 – 21 September 2018, pp-124.
- Synthesis, Characterization and photoluminescence study of terbium doped ZnAl2O4 Nanophosphors, National Conference on Nano and Materials Science (NMS) Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore, 21st Dec 2015, pp-75.
- Synthesis of ZnO nanorods and particles: Characterization, gas sensing properties Nano Materials synthesis and Characterization, (2012) 277- 282 (ISBN: 978−93−82563−36−5).
- Thick film gas sensors prepared by ZnO nanorods and nanoparticles for sensing hazardous gases, Space Application Centre (ISRO).
- Semiconducting nano ZnO based sensors for gas pollutant detection, International Conference on Laser Advances in Science Engineering and Research, 8 – 10 Jun 2012, 48.
- Photo and thermoluminescence studies of Zn2SiO4:Eu3+ nanophosphor, Recent Advances in Materials Science (RAMS2012), Atria Hotel, Bangalore,6th ‑8th Nov 2012 (Best Poster presentation).
- Thermoluminescence studies of samarium activated Willemite nano phosphors irradiated with UV-rays, Recent trends in materials chemistry and engineering, RNSIT, Bangalore, 29th-30th Sept 2011, 192- 196.
- Synthesis of nanocrystalline CaSiO3 prepared by facial solution combustion reaction technique, Recent advanced in chemical and environmental sciences, Jain University, Bangalore, 28 Dec 2011, 78.
- Preparation of ZnO nanoparticles, rods and its gas sensing properties,
Social Relevance of Nanomaterials and Applications and Interdisciplinary Approach, Tumkur University, Tumkur, 31 Dec 2011, 40.
- Thermoluminescence studies of CdSiO3:Pr3+ Phosphor, Recent Advances in Functionalized Materials, MSRIT, Bangalore, 24th-25 Jan 2012, 28.
International Journal Papers:
- Calotropis procera mediated combustion synthesis of ZnAl2O4:Cr3+ nanophosphors: Structural and luminescence studies, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Elsevier (2015) 136.
- Plant latex mediated green synthesis of ZnAl2O4:Dy3+ nanophosphor for white light generation, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Elsevier
- Low temperature synthesis, structural and dosimetric characterization of ZnAl2O4:Ce3+ nanophosphor, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Elsevier. (2014) 122.
- Investigation of structural and luminescence properties of Ho3+ doped YAlO3 nanophosphors synthesized by combustion route, Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Elsevier. (2013) 115.
- Synthesis, Characterization, EPR and Thermoluminescence properties of CaTiO3 nanophosphor, Materials Research Bulletin, Elsevier (2013) 48.
- Ionic liquid assisted hydrothermal synthesis of TiO2 nanoparticles and its application in photo catalysis, Materials Science, Springer (2013) 48.
- Best Poster Award for the paper presented in the Poster Interactive
Session at “International conference on Recent Advances in Materials
Science (RAMS-2012)”, Karnataka state higher education, Bangalore, 6th – 8th Nov 2012.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE-Physics) in Engineering — 2007.
- Qualified Joint Entrance Screening (JEST) Test exam — 2010
- For the Respond SAC-ISRO funded project entitled “Development of Advanced Gas Nano Sensors for Atmospheric and Environmental Monitoring”, we received excellent appreciation (Rating 8 out of 10) during my Ph.D. period
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Luminescence Society of India: Karnataka Chapter (LSIKC)