B. R. Karthikeyan, is an Associate Professor in ECE Department and Head of Centre for Signal Processing and Communication Systems Research at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (RUAS), Bangalore. He has more 15 years of academic and research experience. Also experienced in coordinating funded research projects from government organizations as well as public and private sectors. He holds B.E. degree in Electronics and Communications from the Anna University, Chennai, India, and M.Sc.[Engg] and Ph. D from Coventry University, U.K in 2015. His current research interests are Antenna Arrays, DOA Estimation, Digital Beamforming Techniques, Baseband Signal processing for wireless communication, Adaptive algorithms, Machine Learning and Deep learning techniques. He has completed several sponsored research projects for various commercial and defense applications. He has 10 journal publications, 3 conference publications and 2 patents to his credit. He is also reviewer for IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters.
Coventry University, UK
M.Sc [Engg.] in Wireless and Optical Communication
Coventry University, UK
B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Anna University, Chennai
Total years of Experience :
- Senior Lecturer in Department Electronics and Electrical Engineering,
MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore — 2 Years (Jul-2009 to Mar-2011)
- Assistant Professor in Department Electronics and Electrical Engineering, MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore — 3 Years 3 Months (April 2011 to July 2014)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Electronics and Communication
Engineering, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore — 3 Years (July 2014 to July 2017)
- Associate Professor in Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore — 3 Years 6 Months(August 2017 to Till date)
- Head – Centre for Signal Processing and Communication Systems Research, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore (August 2016 to Till date)
- Project Engineer in Center for Signal Processing and Communication
Engineering, MS Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore — 2 Years (May 2007 to Jun 2009)
Research Interest :
Antennas, Microwave Systems, Signal and Image Processing, Adaptive Algorithms, Machine Learning, Array Signal Processing, Deep Learning Techniques.
Research Expertise :
Baseband Communication Systems, Antenna Arrays, Computational Electromagnetics, RF-Microwave Systems, Adaptive Algorithms, Signal and Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Skillsets: Empire 3D, EMPro, HFSS, ADS
Progamming – MATLAB, Python, Scikit Learn, Keras, and Tensor Flow Libraries
Development of Novel Approaches for High Resolution Direction of Arrival Estimation Techniques
International Conference Papers:
- Baig, M.S. Karthikeyan, B.R. Mazumdar, D. Kadambi, G.R. (2011) Improved Receiver Architecture for Digital Beamforming Systems, International Conference on Computer, Communication and Electrical Technology (ICCCET), 2011 PP. 208 — 214 18 – 19
- Valke, N. S., & Karthikeyan, B. R. (2016, December). Development of classification algorithm for epileptic seizures using electrocardiogram signal. In India Conference (INDICON), 2016 IEEE Annual (pp. 1 – 6). IEEE
- Mathew, J., Mekkayil, L., Ramasangu, H., Karthikeyan, B. R., & Manjunath, A.G. (2016, December). Robust algorithm for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease using multiple feature extractions. In India Conference (INDICON), 2016 IEEE Annual (pp. 1 – 6). IEEE
International Journal Papers:
- Karthikeyan, B. R., Kadambi, G. R., & Vershinin, Y. A. (2015). A formulation of 1‑D search technique for 2‑D DOA estimation using orthogonally polarized components of linear array. Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, IEEE, 14, 1117 – 1120.
- Preetham Shankpal, Varun Arur, Govind Kadambi, Karthikeyan B.R. and James Shuttle Worth (2014) A Novel Approach for Near Field Beamforming, International Journal on Communications Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 64 – 70, June 2014
- Sreekrishna, R., Karthikeyan, B.R. and Kadambi, G.R. (2011) Design and Development of a Compact Wideband Conformal Antenna for Wireless Applications. SASTECH Journal, 10, No.1, pp. 36 – 42.
- Kishore, R., Karthikeyan, B.R. and Shankpal, P. (2011) Development of Selective Tomography Algorithm for CT Image Reconstruction. SASTECH Journal, 10, No.1, pp. 24 – 29
- Kadambi, G. R., Krishnan, K. and Karthikeyan, B. R. (2010) HF Channel Estimation for MIMO Systems Based on Particle Filter Technique. Journal of Communications, 5, No. 9, pp. 674 – 683
- Abhinay Yadav, Dipayan Mazumdar, B. R. Karthikeyan, and Govind R. Kadambi (2010) Linearization of Saleh, Ghorbani and Rapp Amplifiers With Doherty Technique. SASTECH Journal, MSRSAS, Volume 9, Issue 2, 79 – 82, September 2010
- Yadav, A., Mazumdar, D. Karthikeyan, B. R. and Kadambi, G. R. (2010) Linearization of Saleh, Ghorbani and Rapp Amplifiers With Doherty Technique. SASTECH Journal, 9, No.2, pp. 79 – 86.
- Rao, A. M., Karthikeyan, B. R., Mazumdar, D. and Kadambi, G. R. (2010) Energy Detection Technique for Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio. SASTECH Journal, 9, No.1, pp. 73 – 78
- Ramaswamy, Karthikeyan B. & Kadambi, Govind R. (2007) Design and Simulation of Ultra Wide-Band Antenna for High Data Rate Applications. SASTECH Journal, MSRSAS 6, 102 – 108
- Prof. Govind R Kadambi , Varun D, B.R.Karthikeyan , Sandhya Chilukuri “A Module for Direct Communication between Black Box of an Aircraft with Air Traffic Controller and Satellite”,Indian Patent Application: 6815/CHE/2015, December 21, 2015
- Prof. Govind R Kadambi, Sandhya Chilukuri, Varun D, B.R.Karthikeyan, “Horizontally and Vertically Polarized Omni Directional Planar Antenna for Polarization Reuse”, Indian Patent Application: 6874/CHE/2015, December 23, 2015.