Dr. Punithavathi D joined the Department of Electronic and Communication Engineering, RUAS as an Associate Professor in September 2014. The courses she handles include Digital Communication, Digital Signal Processing, Microprocessor and its applications, Embedded Systems, Micro controllers, Microwave Engineering, Electric circuits, Advanced Digital Signal Processing, Analog and Mixed Signal Circuit Design and Nano-electronics. Having helped undergraduates and MS students in the past, she is now guiding PhD aspirants in their thesis preparation.
She went to Ghent University, Belgium where she was a Doctoral Researcher and Teaching Assistant (2008 — 2013). She has filed patents for “Method, System and Apparatus for Image Rejection in Radio Receivers” and “Method and Device for Generating a QPSK Signal” (Indian Patent) in 2015.
Ghent University ,Belgium
M.E in Applied Electronics
Anna University, Tamil Nadu
B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Total years of Experience :
- Lecturer in Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering — Nanjappa Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu — 2 Years 9 Months (Jun 1997 — Feb 2000)
- Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering ‑Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu — 2 Years 5 Months (Mar 2000 — Jul 2002)
- Lecturer in Department of Mechatronics Engineering ‑Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu — 3 Years 4 Months (May 2004 — Aug 2007)
- Senior Lecturer in Department of Electronics and Communication — Dr.N.G.P. Institute of Technology, Coimbatore. Tamil Nadu — 9 Months (Sep 2007 — May 2008)
- Associate Professor in Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering — M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru 6 Years 6 Months (Sep ‑2014 — Till Date)
- Doctoral Researcher and Teaching assistant — Ghent University-imec, Ghent, Belgium — 5 Years 6 Months (June 2008 — Oct 2013)
- VHDL programming basic and Advanced
- FPGA synthesis
- verification and Implementation
Research Interest :
- VLSI, Embedded systems
- Neuromorphic electronics
- Nano electronics
Research Expertise :
- High speed architectures implementation on FPGA
- Board level and IC design
- Transmitter and receiver architectures for communication and biomedical applications
Data acquisition and Digital Signal Processing for Electron Paramagnetic
Resonance (EPR) Spectrometers.
National Conference Papers:
- SunilKumar .T and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2019),” Optimization of Kalman Filter for Target Tracking Applications, “2nd National Conference on “Multidisciplinary Design Analysis and Optimization” (NCMDAO 2019), Mar 23 – 24, Bengaluru ‚India
- D. Punithavathi and F.Gajendran,” A Simple Hard Disk Head Controller”, National System Conference (NSC 2007), Oral, Dec. 2007, Manipal, India
- F.Gajendran and D. Punithavathi ‚“IPDF Controller (Integral Controller with PD in the Minor Feedback Loop)”, Control Instrumentation System Conference (CISCON 2006), oral, Nov. 2006, Manipal, India.
D.Punithavathi and F.Gajendran, “Design of Polyphase QMF using CSD Coefficients with an Application to Sub-band Speech Coding”, National conference on Signals, Systems & Security — 2006 (NCSSS 2006), Feb. 2006, oral, Sathyamangalam, India.
- D.Punithavathi and F.Gajendran,” VHDL Modeling and FPGA Implementation of Stepper Motor Controller”, Control Instrumentation System Conference (CISCON 2005), oral, Nov. 2005, Manipal, India
International Conference Papers
- P.S. Sameer Ahamed and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2019), “Virtual Sensing Active Noise Control System with 2D Microphone Array for Automotive Applications” “ 6th International Conference on Signal Processing & Integrated Networks”, SPIN 2019, Mar 7 – 8, Noida, India
- Arbin Akram and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2018), “Dynamic Current Injection Technique for Improving Linearity and Gain in Gilbert Cell Mixer”, INDICON, Dec 16 – 18, Coimbatore, India.
- Suhas. V and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2018),“Edge Combining Ring VCO with Wide Tuning Range for Microwave Communication Systems”, INDICON, Dec 16 – 18, Coimbatore, India.
- Rahul .D.S, Sudarshan. S. K, Rajesha. K. J, Punithavathi Duraiswamy and Shankar. K. Selvaraja (2018),“Experimental Studies on 7‑bit PWM based Visible Light Communication for Text Data Transfer Applications”, Photonics 2018, Dec 13 – 15,Delhi, India.
- Satish Kumar G. D, Raghu Srinivas, Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2018) ‘Efficient Implementation of Low Mismatch IQ Signal Generator Based on 90◦ Differential Phase Shifting”, INDICON, Dec 16 – 18, Coimbatore, India.
- Suhas. V and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2018),‘Frequency Doubling Technique for Ring Oscillator based VCO for Microwave Applications”, IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC), Nov 28 – 30, Kolkata, India.
- Raghu Srinivas and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2018),” High Gain and Wideband CMOS Active Balun LNA in 0.18Um Technology for Ka-Band Applications”, INDICON, Dec 16 – 18, Coimbatore, India.
- Raghu Srinivas, Soumya Sunny and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2018), “High Performance Three-Stage 30GHz CMOS Single-to-Differential LNA”, INDICON, Dec 16 – 18, Coimbatore, India.
- Krishna. R and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2018),” Simulation study and comparison of various SRAM cells in 32nm CMOS Technology” ICPSPCT, Jul 18 – 20, Bangalore, India.
- Anusha Udaykumar, Raghu Srinivas and P. Duraiswamy (2018),”30-Gb/s Low Power Inductorless CMOS Transimpedance Amplifier for Optical Receivers” 3rd International Conference on Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP), Feb 9 – 11 Dhanbad, India.
- Raghu Srinivas and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2017) “ High Gain and Low Noise Figure Single-to-Differential CMOS LNA for Ka-Band Communication System”, IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC), Dec 11 – 13, 2017, Ahmadabad, India.
- Mohan Kumar, Y. N. and Punithavathi Duraiswamy (2016) On the Optimization of GaN Schottky Diode Rectifier Circuit Topologies for High Efficiency Wireless Power Transmission, Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, 5 – 9 Dec, 2016.
- Arpitha, R., Divya Kiran, Sitaram Gupta, V. S. N. and Punithavathi Duraiswamy, D. (2016) FPGAGSM based Gas Leakage Detection System, 13th International IEEE India Conference INDICON 2016, Bengaluru,India.
- Akshay.A, Divya Kiran, Chandramohan. P and Punithavathi Duraiswamy, Design and Analysis of Phase Locked Loop for low power wireless applications, 2016 Conference on Emerging Devices and Smart Systems (ICEDSS) 4 – 5 March 2016, India.
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy and Vandewege. J,” Switching Circuit for RF col ring down time reduction in EPR spectrometer, 2015 IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC), Dec 10 – 12, 2015, Hyderabad, India
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy, “FPGA based digital signal processing for EPR spectrometer with an application to MRI”, poster 12th FEA Ph.D.Symposium, pp, 2011.
- D. Punithavathi and F. Gajendran, “High Speed Architecture for the Design of QMF Bank with CSD Coefficients”, International Conference onSystemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (ICSCI 2006), oral, Jan. 2006, Hyderabad, India.
International Journal Papers
- Varanasi, P.K., Nagaraja Rao, S. & Duraiswamy, P. Intelligent Control of Double Boost Converter Interfaced with Multilevel Inverter for Electrical Vehicle Applications. J. Inst. Eng. India Ser. B (2022). (Scopus)
- Duraiswamy, P. Compact Capacitor-Loaded Tunable Microstrip Bandpass Filter for Low-Frequency Applications. J. Inst. Eng. India Ser. B (2022). Springer (Scopus)
- Duraiswamy.P, Anusha, U, Raghu, S, Selvaraja, SK. Design and simulation of differential transimpedance amplifier with active feedback for optical receivers. Microw Opt Technol Lett. 2022; 1- 6.Wiley. (Scopus)
- V. Kumar, G. Sai Saravanan, P. Duraiswamy and S. K. Selvaraja, “Single Stage Low Noise Inductor-less TIA for RF over Fiber Communication,” in IEEE Access, (WoS/Scopus)
- Krishna, R., Duraiswamy, P. Low leakage 10T SRAM cell with improved data stability in deep sub-micron technologies. Analog Integr Circ Sig Process (2021), Springer Nature (Scopus)
- Duraiswamy, P., Selvaraja, S.K. Phase-orthogonal FIR filter based reactive power measurement for power meters. Analog Integr Circ Sig Process 108, 317 – 322 (2021), Springer Nature (Scopus)
- P. Duraiswamy, Satishkumar, Raghu Srinivas, Selvaraja S.K, ‘Phase orthogonal FIR filters: An Efficient VLSI Architecture for Communication Applications, IEICE Electronics Express Vol.9, 2020. The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers,Japan (WoS/Scopus)
- P. Duraiswamy and Selvaraja, S. K.,“Fully Digital Synchronous Frequency Doubler for FM Stereo Decoder”, IOP science, Engineering Research Express, vol. 2, no. 1, p. 016001, 2020. (Scopus)
- P.S. Sameer Ahamed and Punithavathi Duraiswamy,” Mathematical modelling and simulation of engine noise for automotive applications”, Noise control Engineering Journal, Vol.65 (1).pp 33 – 41, Feb 2017.Institute of Noise Control Engineering,U.S. (WoS/Scopus)
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy, Li. X, Bauwelinck.J. and Vandewege. J, Vaes.P, Teughels.S,” Synchronous delay based UWB pulse generator in FPGA”. IEICE Electronics Express Vol.9, 2012. WoS/Scopus)
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy, Bauwelinck.J. and Vandewege. J,” Efficient implementation of 90 degree phase shifter in FPGA”.EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing. Vol.32, 2011, Springer Nature (Scopus).
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy, Li, X, Bauwelinck.J. and Vandewege. J,” Build a UWB pulse generator on an FPGA”. EDN. Vol. 56: (12) 54 – 55; 2011. (WoS/Scopus)
Patents Filed and Pending
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy “Method, System and Apparatus for Image Rejection in Radio Receivers”, Indian Patent Application:1440/CHE/2015, March 21, 2015.
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy, Divya Kiran, Naveen R “Method and Device for Generating a QPSK Signal”, Indian Patent Application : 6814/CHE/2015, December 21, 2015.
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy,” Anti-symmetric FIR filter slashes resource use “, EDN. Design center, Dec 2014. ( awarded 150 dollars)
- Punithavathi Duraiswamy, “Antenna ring-down time measurement for medical applications”. EDN. Medical Design Centre, Aug 2014.
Roll: Principle Investigator
Amount: 18,30,000 including Fellowship of 60,000 PA
Title: Development of Li-Fi Enabled Indoor Data Connectivity
Duration- 3 years (Dec 2020= December2023
- Geometry modelling in HFSS — 4th May2020
- Array antenna Design using HFSS ‑12 & 13 May 2020
- Design of Spiral Inductor using HFSS ‑20 May
- Recent trends in FinFET & Nano-Sheet cell design”, An educational perspective with ‘Dr. Etienne Sicard’26.8.2021- 28.8.21.
- Millimeter (mm) Wave MIMO and Filter Bank Multi-Carrier (FBMC) Technologies for 5G Networks with Capstone Project ”organized by Dr. Aditya K Jagannatham of IIT Kanpur from 25th — 28th July 2018.
- Two day workshop on Intellectual Property rights ‚28 and 29 January 2019