Dr. Anantharamaiah P N was born in Tumkur, India, in 1986. He received the M.Sc. degree in Analytical Chemistry from the Bangalore University – Bangalore, India, in 2009 and Ph.D. degree in Chemical Sciences from CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory — Pune, affiliated to Academy of Scientific and Innovative research — Delhi, India in 2017. Before joining CSIR- NCL, He worked as a chemistry teacher in Shree Swaminarayan International School, Bangalore, India, from July 2009 to March 2011. Soon after his doctoral program, he joined the Department of Chemistry, M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, India in July 2017 as assistant professor. His current research interests include photocatalysis, electro catalysis, magneto strictive smart materials, gas sensors, designing magnetic based Nano catalysts to drive various organic reactions, nanomaterials and environmental remediation. He has published several research articles in international peer-reviewed journals. He is the Principal Investigator of a project worth INR 38 lakhs, funded by SERB –DST, Union Government of India.
Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences
CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
M.Sc. in Analytical chemistry
Bangalore University, Central College
B.Sc. in (PCM- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)
Total No. Of Experience: 6 years
Worked as a Chemistry teacher (ICSC and IGCSE syllabus) and lecturer (1st and 2nd PUC state syllabus) in Swaminarayan International School for 1 and ½ year.
Working as an assistant professor in M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences where I am teaching chemistry to B.Tech. ‚B. Sc. and M. Sc. students (since July 2017).
XPS data analysis using XPS 4.0 program.
- Deconvolution of the spectra using Fityk program.
- Rietveld refinement of XRD patterns using GSAS program.
- Magnetic materials (ferrites) and their applications
- Multiferroic materials.
- Magnetostrictive smart materials for sensors, actuators and transducers.
- Electrocatalysis for water spitting and waste water treatment.
- Photocatalytic dye degration studies.
- Metal oxide based nanomaterials for gas sensor applications.
- Structure-property correlation studies.
- Magnetic materials and their applications
- Multiferroic materials
- Magnetostrictive smart materials
- Electrocatalysis for water treatment
- Nanomaterials for gas sensors
- Structure-properties correlation studies
- “Studies on the Magnetostrictive Properties of Metal Substituted Sintered Cobalt Ferrite Co(Fe, M)2O4 (M=Al, Ga, In, Mg, Mn, Zn)”.
International Conference Papers :
- Ojas Raman, S. Kalpana, T. Niranjana Prabhu, Sanjukta Mondal, P. N. Anantharamaiah*, Studies on Electrocatalytic Degradation of Malachite Green Dye using Zn0.5Co2.5O4/N‑doped rGO nanocomposite Coated Stainless Steel Electrode, Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Materials Research (ICAMR — 2019), AIP Conf. Proc. 2274, 040006 – 1 – 040006 – 7; https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0022578
International Journal Papers :
- P. N. Anantharamaiah and P. A. Joy, Magnetic and magnetostrictive properties of aluminium substituted cobalt ferrite synthesized by citrate-gel method, J. Materials Science, 50, 6510 (2015).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah and P. A. Joy, Enhancing the strain sensitivity of CoFe2O4 at low magnetic fields without affecting the magnetostriction coefficient by substitution of small amounts of Mg for Fe, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 18, 10516 (2016).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah and P. A. Joy, High magnetostriction parameters of sintered and magnetic field annealed Ga-substituted CoFe2O4, Materials Letters, 192, 169 (2017).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah and P. A. Joy, Tuning of the magnetostrictive properties of cobalt ferrite by forced distribution of substituted divalent metal ions at different crystallographic sites, J. Applied Physics, 121, 093904 (2017).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah and P. A. Joy, Effect of size and site preference of trivalent metal ions (Al3+, Ga3+ and In3+) substitution for Fe3+ on the magnetostrictive properties of sintered, J. Physics D: Applied Physics, 50, 435005 (2017).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah* and P. A. Joy, Large enhancement in the magnetostriction parameters of the composite of CoFe2O4 and CoFe1.9Ga0.1O4, Materials Letters, 236, 303 (2019).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah* and P. A. Joy, Effect of co-substitution of Co2+ and V5+ for Fe3+ on the magnetic properties of CoFe2O4, Physica B: Condensed Matter, 554, 107 (2019).
- H. M. Shashanka, P. N. Anantharamaiah* and P. A. Joy, Magnetic parameters of SrFe12O19 sintered from a mixture of nanocrystalline and micron-sized powders, Ceramics International, 45, 13592 (2019).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah*, Sanjukta Mondal, K. S. Manasa and Maya Pai M, Enhancing the catalytic activity of recyclable nanocrystalline NiFe2O4 by replacing Ni by Cu, Ceramics International, 46, 1220 (2020).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah* and Sweta Giri, Enhancement of SO2 gas sensing performance of Co3O4 spinel by Cu substitution, Sensor Letters, 18, 83 (2020).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah* and K. S. Manasa, Fabrication of magnetically recoverable MgFe2O4/Ag3PO4 Composite to drive the catalytic reduction of 4‑Nitrophenol in an aqueous medium, Solid state sciences, 106, 106302 (2020).
- P.N. Anantharamaiah*, N. Sarath Chandra, Shashanka H.M., R. Kumar and B. Sahoo, Magnetic and catalytic properties of Cu-substituted SrFe12O19 synthesized by tartrate-gel method, Advanced Powder Technology, 31, 2385 (2020).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah*, Sanjuktha Mondal and Sujoy Saha, Inducing the catalytic activity in SrFe12O19 via chemical modification, Catalysis Letters, 151, 221 – 231 (2021).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah*, B. Prerna Rao, Vijay Khopkar, Rajeev Kumar and B. Sahoo, Role of Mg2+ and In3+ substitution on magnetic, magnetostrictive and dielectric properties of NiFe2O4 ceramics derived from nanopowders, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 23, 1694 – 1705 (2021).
- P. N. Anantharamaiah*, Shashanka H. M., R. Kumar, J. A. Chelvane and B. Sahoo, Chemically enabling CoFe2O4 for magnetostrictive strain sensing applications at lower magnetic fields: effect of Zn substitution, Materials Science and Engineering B, 266, 115080 (2021).
- W. Remlalfaka, C. Murugesan, P. N. Anantharamaiah and N. M. Prabu, Fabrication of magnetically recoverable BiVO4/NiFe2O4 composites for the photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue, Ceramics International, 47, 11526 – 11535 (2021)
- P. N. Anantharamaiah*, Shashanka H. M. Sujoy Saha, J.A. Chelvane and B. Sahoo, Enabling cobalt ferrite (CoFe2O4) for low magnetic field strain responsivity through Bi3+ substitution: material for magnetostrictive sensors, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 877, 160285 (2021)
- K. C. Chandrika, P. N. Anantharamaiah, R. Hari Krishna, Jineesh Gopi, Niranjana Prabhu, CoFe2O4-TiO2 a lethal p‑n heterogeneous catalyst for malachite green degradation under visible light and optimization of parameters by the Taguchi method, Materials Technology, Advanced Performance Materials (Accepted, https://doi.org/10.1080/10667857.2021.1999557)
- P. N. Anantharamaiah*, H. M. Shashanka, Sujoy Saha, K. Haritha and C.V. Ramana, Aluminum doping and nanostructuring enabled designing of the magnetically recoverable hexaferrite catalysts, ACS Omega (Accepted)
- Sweta Giri, P. N. Anantharamaiah* and B. Sahoo, Sensing of oxidizing and reducing gases by sensors prepared using nanoscale Co3O4 powders: A study through Cu substitution. (Under review in Advanced Powder Technology)
P. N. Anantharamaiah*, H. M. Shashanka, J. A. Chelvane, V. B. Khopkar and B. Sahoo, Temperature dependent evolution of dielectric behaviour in magnesium and indium substituted nickel ferrite, (Communicated, Ceramics International)
Ojas Raman, Kalpana S., T. Niranjana Prabhu, P. N. Anantharamaiah*, Electrocatalytic degradation of the malachite green dye using Zn-substituted and N‑rGO decorated Co3O4 nanocatalysts (Communicated, Materials Science and engineering B)
- CSIR-UGC Junior Research Fellowship from July 2011 to July 2013.
- CSIR-UGC Senior Research Fellowship from July 2013 to July 2017.
- Received best research poster presentation award from the international conference on magnetic materials and applications that held on 15 – 17, 2014, at the department of physics, Pondicherry University, India
- Received best research poster presentation award from CSIR National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, which held on 27-02-2016 as part of the national science day celebrations 2016.
- Secured prize in lecture competition conducted by ISAS (Indian Society of Analytical Scientists) in the year 2009.
- Awarded best academic student in B. Sc (Cash prize and citation), from S. Nijalingappa College of Science, Bangalore in the year 2007.
Life Member to Magnetic Society of India
Life Member to Indian Ceramics Society
Life Member to Catalysis Society of India