Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering
JNT University Anantapur
M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
M.S.Ramaiah Institute of technology
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Technology, Chikmagalur, Kuvempu University
Total Experience: 20 Years
- June 2015 till date: Associate professor in CSE department, M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
- Oct 2010 to June 2015: Associate professor in ISE department, REVA University, Bangalore
- Jan 2010 to July 2011: Associate professor in CSE department, KNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Mar 2009 to Jan 2010: Senior Lecturer in CSE department, East Point College of Engineering, Bangalore
Data Analytics, R
Data Analytics, Social Media Analytics, Graph Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Data Analytics, spatio temporal data modeling and Prediction, Time series Prediction
- Data Analytics
- Social Media Analytics
- Graph Signal Processing
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- spatio temporal data modeling and Prediction
- Time series Prediction
Prediction of Time series data using variants of ARIMA, GARCH and ANN models.
- Sudhir Kumar Patnaik, C. Narendra Babu, “A Novel Adaptive Information Extraction System using Deep learning Technique and Neural Networks”, IndianPatent Application: 202041055908, Filing date: 22thDec, 2020.
- C. Narendra Babu, Soumya Jyoti Raychaudhuri,Soumya Manjunath, Chithra Priya Srinivasan, N.Swathi, S. Sushma,K. N. Nitin Bhushan, “Smart Wearable Emotion Support System”, Indian Patent Application: 202041055905, Filing date: 22th Dec, 2020.
- Anuradha Yenkikar and C. Narendra Babu, “ARule-based expert system for Sentiment Analysis (R‑SA)”, Indian Patent Application: 201921028076, 12ThJuly 2019, publishedDate: 16/08/2019.
International Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Bikram Paul,Kavya B, Prachi Tripathi, ShubhamAgnihotri, C. Narendra Babu, “Sustainable smart aquaponics farming using IOT and data analytics”, Journal of Information Technology Research (JITR), acceptedfor publication
- Raychaudhuri, S.J., Manjunath, S., Srinivasan, C.P. N. Swathi, S. Sushma, K. N. Nitin Bhushan & C. Narendra Babu,“Prescriptive analytics for impulsive behaviour prevention using real-time biometrics”, Springer – Progress in Artificial Intelligence(2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13748…
- Narendra Babu C,Pallaviram Sure, and Chandra Mohan Bhuma “Sparse Bayesian Learning Assisted Approaches for Road Network Traffic State Estimation”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems,doi: 10.1109/TITS.2020.2971031 (SCI, impact factor 7.42)
- Osman Yakubu, Narendra Babuand Osei Adjei, “Electricity Theft: Analysis of the Underlying Contributory Factors in Ghana”, Elsevier-Energy Policy, 123, pp. 611 – 618, 2018, (SCI, impact factor 5.3)
- Narendra Babu and Pallaviram Sure, “Low-Dimensional Models for Traffic Data Processing Using Graph Fourier Transform”, IEEE Computing in Science & Engineering , 20(2), pp.24 – 37, 2018. (SCIE, impact factor 1.9)
- Pallaviram Sure, Narendra Babu Cand Chandra Mohan Bhuma “Large random matrix-based channel estimation for massive MIMO-OFDM uplink”, IET Communications, 12(9), pp.1035 – 1041, 2018. (SCI, impact factor 2.1)
- Narendra Babu C, Pallaviram Sure, “Partitioning and interpolation based hybrid ARIMA-ANN model for time series forecasting”, published online Springer: Sadhana journal,June 2016.(SCIE, impact factor 1.0)
- Osman Yakubu, Osei Adjei and Narendra Babu C., “A Review of Prospects and Challenges of Internet of Things”, International Journal of Computer Applications 139(10):33 – 39, April 2016. Published by Foundation of Computer Science (FCS), NY, USA
- C. Narendra Babu, B. Eswara Reddy, “A moving-average filter based hybrid ARIMA-ANN model for forecasting time series data”, Elsevier: Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 23, October 2014, Pages 27 – 38. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.as… (SCI, impact factor 6.03)
- C. Narendra Babu, B. Eswara Reddy, “Prediction of selected Indian stock using a partitioning-interpolation based ARIMA-GARCH model”, Elsevier: Applied Computing and Informatics, Volume 11, Issue 2, July 2015, Pages 130 – 143, ISSN 2210 – 8327, (SCIE, Impact Factor: 4.4)
- C. Narendra Babu, B. Eswara Reddy,“Performance Comparison of Four New ARIMA-ANN Prediction Models on Internet Traffic Data”, Journal of Telecommunication and Information Technology. Vol 1, 2015, Pages: 67 – 75
- Osman Yakubu, Narendra Babu C, “A Review ofDigital Forensic Challenges in the Internet of Things (IOT), International J. of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 9(1), pp. 915 – 923, 2018.
- Osman Yakubu, Narendra Babu, C,“Type and Nature of Electricity Theft: A Case Study of Ghana”, International J. of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, 8(10), pp. 170 – 179, 2017.
- Anuradha Yenkikar, Manish Bali, Narendra Babu, “EMP-SA: Ensemble Model based Market Prediction using Sentiment Analysis”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277 – 3878, Volume‑8 Issue‑2, July 2019.
Proceedings of Conferences:
- Rajesh Puravankara, C. Narendra babu, “Lead Forecasting using LSTM based Deep Learning Architecture for Sentiment Analysis”, 3rd International Conference on Information and Communications Technology (ICOIACT) 2020, Accepted for publication
- A. Anand, S. De, A. Jaiswal, S. Agrawal and C. Narendra Babu, “Automation of Non-Classroom Courses using Machine Learning Techniques,” 2020 6th International Conference on Education and Technology (ICET), Malang, 2020, pp. 90 – 96, doi: 10.1109/ICET51153.2020.9276619.
- RexfordNii Ayitey Sosu, C. Narendra Babu, S. A. Frimpong and J. Essuman, “The Relevance Of Blockchain With Dew Computing: A Review,” 2020 43rd International Convention on Information, Communication and Electronic Technology (MIPRO), Opatija, Croatia, 2020, pp. 1934 – 1940, doi: 10.23919/MIPRO48935.2020.9245189
- Anuradha Yenkikar, Narendra Babuand S. Sangve, “R‑SA: A Rule-based Expert System for Sentiment Analysis,” 2019 IEEE Pune Section International Conference (PuneCon), Pune, India, 2019, pp. 1 – 7, Published in IEEE Explore, doi: 10.1109/PuneCon46936.2019.9105682.
- Anuradha Yenkikar, Narendra Babu, S. Sangve and M. Bali, “OACD-SA: Online Aspect Category Detection for Sentiment Analysis using Unsupervised Learning,” 2019 IEEE Pune Section International Conference (PuneCon), Pune, India, 2019, pp. 1 – 7, Published in IEEE Explore, doi: 10.1109/PuneCon46936.2019.9105858.
- Prema Monish, Santoshi Kumari, Narendra Babu, “Automated Topic Modeling and Sentiment Analysis of Tweets on SparkR”, 2018 9th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), Bangalore, 2018, pp. 1 – 7. Published in IEEE Explore. doi: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2018.8493973,
- A. Haripriya, S. Kumari and C. N. Babu, “Location Based Real-time Sentiment Analysis of Top Trending Event Using Hybrid Approach,” 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), Bangalore, 2018, pp. 1052 – 1057, doi: 10.1109/ICACCI.2018.8554457.
- Santoshi Kumari, Narendra Babu, “Real time analysis of social media data to understand people emotions towards national parties,”“Real time analysis of social media data to understand people emotions towards national parties,” 2017 8th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), Delhi, 2017, pp. 1 – 6, published in IEEEexplore. doi: 10.1109/ICCCNT.2017.8204059
- Pallaviram Sure, Narendra Babu Cand Chandra Mohan Bhuma, “Applicability of big data analytics to massive MIMO systems,” 2016 IEEE Annual India Conference (INDICON), Bangalore, 2016, pp. 1 – 6. doi: 10.1109/INDICON.2016.783909
- Nivedita Pandith, Narendra Babu, “Development of pso based hybrid lssvm model for time series prediction,” 2017 2nd International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), Mumbai, 2017, pp. 376 – 381, published in IEEE Explore. doi: 10.1109/I2CT.2017.8226155.
- D. C. Aishwarya, Narendra Babu, “Prediction of Time Series Data Using GA-BPNN Based Hybrid ANN Model,” 2017 IEEE 7th International Advance Computing Conference (IACC), Hyderabad, 2017, pp. 848 – 853. Published in IEEE Explore, doi: 10.1109/IACC.2017.0174.
- C. Narendra Babu, B. Eswara Reddy, “Selected Indian stock predictions using a hybrid ARIMA-GARCH model,“2014 International Conference on Advances in Electronics Computers and Communications, Bangalore, 2014, pp. 1 – 6, published in IEEE Explore, doi: 10.1109/ICAECC.2014.7002382.
- C. Narendra Babu, B. Eswara Reddy, “Predictive Data Mining On Average Global Temperature Using Variants of ARIMA models”, IEEE-International Conference on Advances in Engineering, Science & Management (ICAESM ‑2012), Pages 256 – 260, Issue date: March 30 – 31, 2012. Published in IEEE Explore (WON BEST AUTHOR AWARD)
- Santoshi Kumari, C. Narendra Babu, 2018, “Transition from Relational Database to Big Data and Analytics”, Book Data Analytics Concepts, Techniques, and Applications, Pages 33,Publisher-Taylor & Francis Group
- Book title:“New Age Realities: Beyond East and West”, Publisher:Manasa Foundation, Bangalore, ISBN 9788188161447
- Received Annual Exemplary Award in the research category at MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences in 2020
- Received Best Author award at IEEE-International Conference On Advances In Engineering, Science And Management (ICAESM ‑2012) held at Nagapattinam, TN for the paper: “Predictive Data Mining On Average Global Temperature Using Variants of ARIMA models”
Education Society member