Dr N Manikanda Prabu is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry that comes under the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, RUAS. He is also deeply involved in conducting examinations, curriculum design, notes preparation and the review processes for various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral program at the university. He has mentored three postgraduate project students. His research includes studies on metal oxides, thermoelectric materials, photocatalysis and wastewater treatment. His papers have been published in international and national level peer-reviewed journals. He has also participated in several international and national level conferences, seminars, workshops etc.
He obtained his B. Sc. and M.Sc. (Chemistry) from The American College, Madurai which is affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University. He worked at the Indian Institute of Science as a project associate from 2007 to 2009. Having completed his doctoral studies at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany in 2014, he continued with his post-doctoral studies at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He also qualified in the National Eligibility Test (NET).
Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany
M.Sc in Chemistry
The American College, Madurai
B.Sc. in Chemistry
The American College, Madurai
Total Experience: 13 years
Assistant Professor — Department of Chemistry, MSRUAS (from Feb 2017 till to date)
Assistant Professor — Department of Chemistry, SVCE, Bangalore (2016 — 2017)
Research Associate — SSCU, IISC, Bangalore (2015−2016)
Project Associate — SSCU, IISC, Bangalore (2007−2009)
Research Interest: Thermoelectric materials, Catalysis, Functional materials
Research Expertise: Synthesis of solid state materials, characterization along with thermal, catalytic, thermoelectric and anti-microbial properties of materials
- Thermoelectric materials, Catalysis
- Functional materials
- Synthesis of solid state materials
- characterization along with thermal
- thermoelectric and anti-microbial properties of materials
- Synthesis and thermoelectric studies of Zintl phases in the systems Ba-Al-Sb, Ba-Ga-Sb, and Ba-In-Sb.
- Effect of metal ion doping on the photocatalytic activity of aluminophosphates, Avijit Kumar Paul, Manikanda Prabu, Giridhar Madras, Srinivasan Natarajan*, J. Chem. Sci., 2010, 122 (5), 771 – 785.
- Role of Temperature and Time in the formation of infinite M‑OM linkages and isolated clusters in MOFs: A few illustrative examples, Partha Mahata, Manikanda Prabu, Srinivasan Natarajan*, Inorg. Chem., 2008, 47(19), 8451 – 8463 (one of the most read articles from Inorganic Chemistry in 2011).
- Time and Temperature dependent study in the three component Zn-Triazolate-Oxybis (benzoate) system: Stabilization of new topologies, Partha Mahata, Manikanda Prabu, Srinivasan Natarajan*, Cryst. Growth Des., 2009, 9(8), 3683 – 3691.
- Synthesis, Structure and optical studies of a family of three dimensional rare earth aminoisophthalates, [(µ2-OH)(C8H5NO4)], M = La3+, Y3+, Pr3+, Nd3+, Sm3+, Eu3+, Gd3+, Dy3+ and Er3+, Debajit Sarma, Manikanda Prabu, Silvanose Biju, M. L. P. Reddy, Srinivasan Natarajan* , Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2010, 24, 3813 – 3822.
- Qualified NET/Lectureship (National Level Test), 2007
- Qualified GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), 2007
- Citations = 225; H‑index = 4; i10-index = 3 (as of 21/05/2019)
Catalysis Society of India (CSI)