Dr. Hanumantharaju K N is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Food Technology, FLASH, and RUAS from 2020 and carries about 9 years of experience in the academic and research field. Before that, he has been an Assistant Professor at Post Harvest Engineering and technology Scheme, UAS Bangalore (2019−2020). He is keen on research in the areas of small processing machineries, food product development and herbal products.
Dr.Raju studied B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering-2009) and M.Tech (Processing and Food Engineering-2012) at University of Agricultural Sciences-Bangalore. He went to Tamil Nadu Agricultural University for his doctoral degree in Agricultural Process Engineering (2015−18) with Senior research fellowship award (2015).
B. Tech. in Agricultural Engineering
University of Agricultural Sciences – Bangalore
M. Tech. in Processing and Food Engineering
University of Agricultural Sciences –Bangalore
PhD Agricultural Process Engineering
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
Total Years of Experience: 10 years
Academic: 9 year
Industry: 1 year
- 20 days training program on mango processing in Fairy food products Pvt. Ltd.
- Farm Machinery and Farm power in Central Southern Region for Farm Testing and Training Institute-Ananthpur
- SUJAY Drip irrigations solutions for 20 days
- Small food processing technologies
- Food Product development
- Renewable energy sources
- Farm machineries
- Medicinal plants
Development of Prototype Electrostatic Spray Coating Machine for Edible Coating of Fruits Using Natural Plant Extracts
National Conference Papers
- Ramya.H.N, Hanumantharaju.K. N and Sridevi.S., Effect of Surrounding Atmosphere on Physico –Chemical Properties of Stored Jaggery Preparation in Mandya District. National Seminar on Recent Advances and Challenges In Sugarcane Research January 23 – 24th, 2014
- Hanumantharaju. K. N, Mahadev.J and Praveen. P. An Overview of Biogas Production. Alternate Sources of Energy for Agriculture and Allied Purposes 28th And 29th March 2014
International Conference Papers
- 107th Indian Science Congress ( Jointly Organized by UAS, Bangalore and ISCA), Jan 3 – 7 2020.
- International conference on role of agricultural engineering towards global food security. Organized by The Institution of Engineers, India. 11- 13th April 2019. Bangalore, India.
- National Conference on Food Technology (NCOFTECH-2012) (Jointly Organized by UAS, Bangalore and IIFPT, Thanjavur), Oct 5 – 6, 2012
National Journal Papers
- Hanumantharaju. K. N, Thangavel. K, Amirtham. D and Rajamani. K., Plant extract based edible coating solution and its properties, GREEN FARMING. 2018. 9(5).
- Hanumantharaju. K. N, Thangavel. K, Ganapathy. S and Manohar Jesudas Effect of starch on rheological properties of the formulated edible coating solution. Trends in Biosciences. 2018. 11(37), 3976 – 3980.
- Hanumantharaju. K.N, Venu. S.A, Lakshmi. R, Ramya. H.N and Sridevi. M.S., Comparitive Study on Different Methods of Threshing Finger Millet Earheads. GREEN FARMING. 2013. 4 (2):217 – 220.
International Journal Papers
- Hanumantharaju. K.N, Thangavel. K, Amirtham. D and Rajamani. K,.Physical properties and optimization of biofilms prepared with corn starch and Justicia adhatoda leaf extract, Medicinal plants –International journal of phytochemicals and related industries, 2019 .11(3).
- Hanumantharaju. K. N, Thangavel. K and Ganapathy. S., Rheological and surface properties of edible coating solution prepared from vasa plant ( Justicia adhatoda L. ) leaf extract, Journal of Agricultural Engineering , 2020. 57(3).
- Hanumantharaju. K. N, Thangavel. K, Amirtham. D and Indurani C,.Physical and Antimicrobial Properties of Cissus quadrangularis Stem Extract Incorporated Edible Films, Indian Journal of Ecology. 2020. 47(2): 497 – 501
- Hanumantharaju. K. N, Poornima. D.S and Ramya. H. N,. Development and Performance Evaluation of Whole Crop Finger Millet Thresher, Multii logics in sciences. 2019. 9(31)
- Poornima. D.S, Hanumantharaju. K. N, Sivashankar V, Suresh Kumar. K and Ramya. H. N., Influence of moisture content and temperature on mechanical extraction of oil from water melon seeds, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2019. 8(4): 275 – 279
- Hanumantharaju. K. N, Vikas. L and Prasanna Kumar. Comparison study of prototype thresher with different methods of threshing whole Crop finger millet. International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology. 2017. 6(1):391 – 398.
- Best M. Tech. thesis award- 2019 ( IARDO)
- Young investigator award ‑2018 (International conference held in Pune, Maharashtra organized by Scire Science organization)
- Best poster Award — 2017 (National seminar conducted by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University )
- Qualified ICAR-NET Exam ‑2015 (Agricultural Process Engineering).
- ICAR-SRF Fellowship was award- 2015 (for pursuing Ph.D.)
Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers: Life member
Institution of Engineers (India): Life member
Society of Fisheries and Life Sciences, College of Fisheries): Life member
Trends in Biosciences: Life member