Dr. Maheswari Eswaran has been a Professor at the Department of Pharmacy Practice under the Faculty of Pharmacy, RUAS since 2013. She joined the department as an Assistant Professor in 2008. Having accumulated over seventeen years of professional teaching experience, she lends a helping hand in guiding Pharm D, M Pharm and Ph.D. students.
She received her Ph.D. from the Department of Pharmacy, Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam in Tirupati (2006 – 2013).
A life member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) and Association of Community Pharmacists of India (ACPI), she also has memberships in the Indian Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (IACP), International Society for Pharmacoeconomics, ISPOR, International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE) and Foundation for Health & Environment Research (FHER).
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
KM College of Pharmacy, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India.
KM College of Pharmacy, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India.
Total Years Of Experience :
Research Interests :
- Evidence-Based Medicine.
- Geriatric Drug Therapy.
- Community Research.
Research Expertise :
- Geriatric drug therapy.
- Santh Rani T, Deepti V, Sowjanya N, Saraswathy GR, and Maheswari E. Study of utilization pattern of antimicrobials in pediatric outpatients. Journal of pharmaceutical research. 2007, 6(2):104 – 107.
- Santh Rani T, Deepti V, Sowjanya N, Maheswari E, and Saraswathy GR. Utilization pattern of drugs in a referral hospital. Antiseptic, 2007, 104(10):508 – 512.
- S.R. Thakur, G.R. Saraswathy, E Maheswari, N Sunil Kumar, T Hazarathiah, K Sowmya, P Dwarakanadha Reddy, B Ramesh Kumar. Inhibition of CCl4 – induced liver fibrosis by Trigonella foenum-graecum Linn. NPR. 2007, 6(1):11 – 17.
- G.R. Saraswathy, E. Maheswari, K. Sundara Saravanan, A Raju. The anti-tussive activity of Oldenlandia umbellata on cough reflex induced by sulfur dioxide in mice. Pharmacology online. 2008,3:257 – 262.
- S.R. Thakur, Eswaran Maheswari, G.R. Saraswathy. Phytochemical and anti-inflammatory studies of Oldenlandia umbellata. Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology & Environmental Sciences. 2008, 10(2): 333 – 336.
- E Maheswari, G.R. Saraswathy, Santh Rani Thakur, Narmada Sambhasivam. Comparative study on efficacy and toxicity of chemoradiotherapy and radiotherapy in head, neck, and cervix cancer patients. Pharmacologyonline 2009, 1:688 – 704.
- Santhrani Thakur, Latha P, Veena G, Madhavi M, Saraswathy GR and Maheswari E. Treatment of HIV- infected diabetic patients. Pharmacologyonline 2010,3:61 – 75.
- G.R. Saraswathy, E. Maheswari, and Thakur Santhrani. Effect of Vitamin C Supplementation on Phenytoin Induced Hepatotoxicity. Global Journal of Pharmacology. 2010,4(3):127 – 135.
- Thakur Santhrani, Saraswathy G.R, Maheswari E. Influence of Vitamin C on phenytoin induced haematotoxicity and oxidative stress in rats. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Innovation, 2011,2:2 – 39.
- G.R. Saraswathy, Eswaran Maheswari, T. Santhrani. Effect of Vitamin C supplementation on phenytoin induced behavioral abnormalities and regional lipid peroxidation in rats. IJPT, 2011,3(2):2248 – 2269.
- Thakur Santhrani, Eswaran Maheswari, Ganesan Rajalakshmi Saraswathy. Amelioration of carbamazepine induced oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity by vitamin C. Spatula DD. 2012;2(3):173 – 180.
- Thakur Santhrani, Eswaran Maheswari, Ganesan Rajalakshmi Saraswathy. Carbamazepine provoked hepatotoxicity: attenuation by vitamin C Oxid Antioxid Med Sci. 2013;2(1):37 – 43.
- G. R. Saraswathy, R. Sathiya, J. Anbu, E. Maheswari. Antitussive Medicinal Herbs — An Update Review. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research 2014;6(1):12 – 19.
- G.R. Saraswathy, E. Maheswari, T. Santhrani, J. Anbu. N Acetyl Cysteine Alleviates Phenytoin Induced Behavioral Abnormalities in Rats. IJPSR, 2014; 5(8):3279 – 3292.
- Eswaran Maheswari, Ganesan Raja Lekshmi Saraswathy, Thakur Santhranii. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant activity of N‑acetyl cysteine in carbamazepine-administered rats. IJP 2014, 46(2):211 – 215. Impact Factor – 1.04, Pubmed, and Scopus Indexed.
- Eswaran Maheswari, Ganesan Raja Lekshmi Saraswathy, and Thakur Santhrani. Effectiveness of alpha-lipoic acid as hepatoprotective and antioxidant. IJPCBS 2015,5(1):42 – 248.
- Ganesan Rajalakshmi Saraswathy, Eswaran Maheswari, Thakur Santhrani, Jayaraman Anbu. Reversal of phenytoin induced hepatotoxicity by alpha-lipoic acid in rats. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2015, 9(7):198 – 204. 2015.
- Eswaran Maheswari, Ganesan Raja Lekshmi Saraswathy, Thakur Santhranii. Effect of Vitamin C on Behavioral Abnormalities and Regional Brain Lipid Peroxidation. International journal of pharmaceutical and chemical sciences. 2015, 4(1):132 – 146.
- Eswaran Maheswari, Ganesan Raja Lekshmi Saraswathy, Thakur Santhranii. Influence of Vitamin E on Hepatotoxicity and Oxidative Stress. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Biosciences. 2015, 2(3):30 – 38.
- Sandeep Darbari, V. Madhavan, E. Maheswari, S. N. Yoganarasimhan. Antipyretic and antiepileptic activity studies on the roots of Hemidesmus Indicus (L.) R. Br. Var. Pubescens (Wt. & Arn.) Hook. F. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015; Volume 4, Issue 8, 1267 – 1282.
- GR Saraswathy, E Maheswari, T Santhrani, J Anbu. Reversal of phenytoin induced hepatotoxicity by alpha-lipoic acid in rats. Reversal of phenytoin induced hepatotoxicity by alpha-lipoic acid in rats. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2015; 9(7): 198 – 204.
- Alwyn P Saju, Ankur C Edakkarayil, Maheswari E, Gurudev KC. Prescribing pattern and cost-effectiveness analysis of antihypertensive drugs in chronic kidney disease patients. European journal of pharmaceutical and medical research. 2016; 3(1): 219 – 225.
- Ann Mary Swaroop, Christina Varghese, Jasmine Jose, Maheswari E, Pramila Kalra. Impact of patient counseling on knowledge, attitude, practice, and medication adherence in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. European journal of pharmaceutical and medical research. 2016, 3(4): 231 – 235.
- Liya Siby, Athirra Sukumaran, Eswaran Maheswari. Detection of potential drug-drug interactions in prescriptions dispensed in hospital pharmacy. International Journal of Pharma and BioSciences. 2016 Oct; 7(4): 54 – 59. IP — 0.888. Scopus Indexed.
- Eswaran Maheswari, Lydia Abraham, Chinju Susan Chacko, Ganesan Rajalakshmi Saraswathy, Aruna Chala Ramesh. Assessment of Pattern, Severity, and Outcome of Poisoning in Emergency Care Unit. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2016; 6(12): 178 – 183. Scopus Indexed.
- Maheswari E, Arvind Kumar Gaur, Khatereh Parsaei Ghaderabadi. Prescribing Pattern of Antimicrobials in the Department of General Medicine. Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences. 2017; 16(2): 1 – 3. Scopus Indexed.
- Subeesh V, Singh H, Maheswari E, Beulah E. Novel adverse events of vortioxetine: A disproportionality analysis in USFDA adverse event reporting system database. Asian J Psychiatr. 2017; 30:152 – 156. Pubmed and Scopus Indexed.
- Thomas Beulah, Viswam Subeesh, Eswaran Maheswari, Ann Mary Swaroop, Hemendra Singh. Blonanserin induced rhabdomyolysis: A Disproportionality Analysis in USFDA Adverse Event Reporting System Database. RUAS-SASTech Journal. 2017; 16(2):62 – 65.
- Jinin S. Mathew, M. R. V. Nandini, G. R. Saraswathy, Viswam Subeesh, Eswaran Maheswari. Determinants of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) severity and utilization of proton pump inhibitors among GERD Patients: A cross-sectional study. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2017;7(11):172 – 176. Scopus Indexed.
- Subeesh V, Singh H, Maheswari E, Beulah E. Novel adverse events of br expiprazole: a disproportionality analysis in USA Food and Drug Administration adverse event reporting system database. Minerva Psichiatrica 2017; 58(4):181 – 6. Scopus Indexed.
- Jacquline Elza Johnson, Prathap Raja Varma MAN, Eswaran Maheswari, Saraswathy GR. Assessment of health and quality of life of children residing in selected shelter homes in Bangalore. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 2018; 8(04):084 – 089. Scopus Indexed.
- Namrata Bajracharya, Ann Mary Swaroop, Saraswathy GR, Subeesh K Viswam, Maheswari E. Incidence of Drug-Drug Interactions among Patients Admitted to the Department of General Medicine in a Tertiary care hospital. J Young Pharm, 2018; 10(4): 450 – 455. Scopus Indexed.
- Jennifer R Grace, Anna K Saina, Maheswari E, Srinivasa R, Viswam Subeesh. Assessment of adverse drug reactions occurring at the department of neurology of a tertiary care hospital in India. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2018; 11(10): 1 – 8. Scopus Indexed.
- Mohan Greeshma, Selvan Lincy, Eswaran Maheswari, Shankar Tharanath, Subeesh Viswam. Identification of Drug-Related Problems by Clinical Pharmacists in Prescriptions with Polypharmacy: A Prospective Interventional Study. Journal of Young Pharmacists. 2018; 10(4): 483 – 486. Scopus Indexed.
- Viswam Subeesh, Hemendra Singh *, Eswaran Maheswari, Thomas Beulah. Novel adverse events of blonanserin: a disproportionality analysis in the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System database. Minerva Psichiatrica 2018;59(2):105 – 10. Scopus Indexed.
- S Lincy, M Greeshma, E Maheswari, S Tharanath, Subeesh Viswam. An empirical study to assess the pattern and predictors of Adverse Drug Reactions Associated with Polypharmacy in the Department of General Medicine. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 2018; 11(11). Scopus Indexed.
- Kumari Sweta, Doorva Bhat, Ganesan Rajalakshmi Saraswathy, E. Maheswari. The Views of Indian Practitioners on Deprescribing. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2019; 34(6):828 – 830. Impact Factor – 4.606, Springer, Pubmed Indexed.
- Halumatha Surendra Shree Shilpa, N. Naveen Kumar, Eswaran Maheswari, Harave Shanmugam Virupaksha, Viswam Subeesh, Ganesan Rajalakshmi Saraswathy, Radhika Kunnavil. Deprescribing of benzodiazepines and Z‑drugs amongst the psychiatric patients of a tertiary care Hospital. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2019, 44: 189 – 194. Impact Factor – 1.932, Elsevier Publication, Pubmed, and Scopus Indexed.
- Shilpa Shree HS, Naveen Kumar N, Maheswari E, Virupaksha HS. Quality of life amongst benzodiazepine users pre and post deprescribing. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019; 11(8): 91 – 92. Scopus Indexed.
- Lincy S, Maheswari E, Anna K Saina, Greeshma M, Jennifer R Grace. Drug Utilization Pattern of Proton Pump Inhibitors in the Department of General Medicine. An online journal of health and allied sciences. 2019; 18(3): 1 – 5. Scopus Indexed.
- 2017 Recipient of International travel grant for participating and presenting research work on “Consequences of drug-related problems amongst the patients with polypharmacy’’ at the ‘Asian Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology’ held at Queensland University, Brisbane, Australia, during 29 — 31 October 2017.
- ACPE awarded AUD 1660 towards the travel and accommodation.
- 2018 Recipient of scholarship for participating and presenting research work on “A retrospective analysis on the pattern of poisoning and its treatment outcome”.
- The International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE) Scholarship Committee, with the Board of Directors’ endorsement, awarded a scholarship of 798 USD to attend the 34th ICPE, which took place in Prague, Czech Republic from August 22 – 26, 2018.
- 2020 “Outstanding Professor of RUAS” award for recognizing exceptional contributions and efforts, at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka, India on 28th February 2020.
- Qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering [GATE]
Indian Association of College of Pharmacy (IACP)
Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI)
Association of Community Pharmacists of India (ACPI)
Foundation for Health & Environment Research (FHER).