Dr Dayananda B S has been a part of the teaching and academic administration profession for over 22 years. His association with RUAS began in June 2014 where he is an associate professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. In the past, he has distinguished himself in various capacities at renowned educational institutions such as KVGCE, Sullia (1998 – 2002), VVCE, Mysore (2002 – 2006), Global Academy of Technology (2006 – 2007) and Sapthagiri College of Engineering (2007 – 2014) in Bangalore. Dr Dayananda holds a Bachelor’s degree of Engineering from PESCE, Mandya (1997), Master’s degree in Thermal Engineering from KREC, Surathkal (2002) and a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi (2014).
Ph.D in Thermal Engineering
M.Tech in Heat Power Engineering
KREC, Surathkal, Mangalore Univesity
B.E in Mechanical Engineering
PESCE, Mandya, Mysore University
Total Experience: 22 years
- Associate Professor — M.S.RamaiahUniversity of Applied Sciences, Bangalore (22ndJune 2014 to till date)
- Associate Academic Registrar-FET — M.S.RamaiahUniversity of Applied Sciences, Bangalore (1stJune 2016 to till date)
- Professor & Head — Sapthagiri College of Engg, Bangalore (Jan 2012 to 7thJune 2014)
- Assistant Professor — Sapthagiri College of Engg, Bangalore (June 2007 to Jan 2012)
- Sr Lecturer — Global Academy of Technology, Bangalore (Jan 2006 to June 2007)
- Lecturer — Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering. Mysore (Sept 2002 to Jan 2006)
- Lecturer — KVGCE, Sullia, Dakshina Kannada (Feb 1998-Mar 2002)
Fluidized Bed Gasification, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Research Interest: Waste to Energy technology, Fluidized Bed Gasification, Heat Transfer in Thermal systems
Research Expertise: Waste to Energy technology and Waste waste Treatment
- Waste to Energy technology and Waste waste Treatment
- Fluidized Bed Gasification
- Heat Transfer in Thermal systems
- “Characterization of Chicken Litter and its Gasification along with Agro wastes”,
National Conference Papers:
- “A Study On Use Of Poultry Litter As A Renewable Energy Source”, held at Institution of Engineers , Mysore on 24thSept 2010. “Modern Trends in Mechanical Engg, MTME-2010”.
- Flow behaviour Study of Fluidized Bed gasifier through numerical approach”, National conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering, Reva University, Bengaluru, June 2015.
International Conference Papers:
- “Numerical Analysis of Turbulent Heat Exchanger Using Novel Para-Winglet tape” held on 5th ‑7th August 2020 at Amity University, UP
- Potato peel waste as reductant for the biogenesis of gold and silver ultrafineparticles, Second International Conference on Recent Advances in Materials and Manufacturing, held in Nov 2020, Erode, Tamil Nadu. “Characterisation Of Short Carbon Fiber Reinforce Polyacetal” held at SIT, Tumkur on , AMMMT-2010, 27th Nov 2010.
- “Estimation of Performance Characteristics of a Split Cycle BasedSI Engine”,9th International Mobility Conference Safe Synergetic Sustainable Mobility Technologies for Future held on 8th, 9th & 10th February 2016, India Habitat Center, New Delhi, India.
- S.Pirathiba, Dayananda.B.S ‚”Phyto-Nanotechnology a sustainable intervention treats textile dye effluent using golda nd silver nanoparticles”, at International conference om waste management held at RUAS, 3rdad 4thAugust 2018.
- Priyanka.N, Dayananda.B.S , ”Purification of kitchen waste water by using natural coagulants”, at International conference on waste Management held on 13thand 14thFebruary 2019 at BIEC, Bengaluru
International Journal Papers:
- “Beta Vulgaris Peel Extract as Reducing Agent for the Green Synthesis of Silver and Gold Nanoparticles”, Journal of Green Engineering (JGE) Volume-11, Issue‑3, 2021,
- “Potato peel waste as reductant for the biogenesis of gold and silver ultrafine particles ”, Materials Today Proceedings, Volume42 (7), Part2, pages 1082 – 1090, 2021,
- Numerical Evaluation of Thermo-hydraulic performance index of a double pipe heat exchanger using double sided louvered winglet tape”, Journal of Thermal Engineering, Volume 6, No.5, pp 843 – 857, Ocotober 2020.
- “Experimental investigation of turbulent flow behavior in an air to air double pipe heat exchanger using novel para winglet tape”, Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, Volume 22, December 2020, 100791
- B.S.Dayananda, Srinivasa Gowda, September 2017,“A CFD Analysis on Effect of Mass Flow Rate, Temperature, Air Velocity On Producer Gas Composition in Fluidised Bed Gasifier”, Vol10, Issue1, MSRUAS-SASTech Journal
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi„ September 2012,“A study on evaluation of Fluidized Bed for Agro wastes gasification”, International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and development, Issue 2, Vol 6, pp 238 –248, ISSN 2249 – 6149.
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi, September 2012,” Experimental Investigation on Laboratory Scale fluidized Bed gasifier for Chicken Litter”, International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and development, Issue 2, Vol 6,pp 260 –265, ISSN 2249 – 6149.
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi,October 2012“ Design and Analysis of Fluidized Bed Gasifier for chicken Litter along with Agro wastes”, International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, Vol. 1(3), pp 11 – 16, , ISSN 2319 –1414
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi,January 2013“An Experimental Study on Gasification of Chicken Litter” International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, Vol. 2(1), 63 – 67, ISSN 2319 –1414
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi,July 2013„” An Experimental Approach on gasification of Chicken Litter with Rice Husk”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 7, pg 2837 ‑2842, ISSN: 2319 – 8753
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi,August 2013,” A Study on Gasification of Chicken Litter with Saw Dust in A Laboratory Scale Fluidized Bed Gasifier”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 8, pg 3901 ‑3907, ISSN: 2319 – 8753
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi,May 2014,” Comparative Study on Gasification of Chicken Litter withSaw Dust and Rice Husk”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Research Technology, pp 259 – 264
- B.S.Dayananda, L.K.Sreepathi, October 2012 “Design and Analysis of Fluidized Bed Gasifier for chicken Litter along with Agro wastes”, International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, Vol. 1(3), pp 11 – 16„ ISSN 2319 – 14
Book of Chapter Details:
- Numerical Analysis of Turbulent Heat Exchanger Tube Using Novel Para-Winglet Tape. In: Sikarwar B.S., Sundén B., Wang Q. (eds) Advances in Fluid and Thermal Engineering. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, Singapore.
- International Expo on “Protection of Environment through sustainable waste Management” held at Peenya Campus, RUAS during 3rdand 4thAugust 2018.
- “Innovations in Municipal Solid Waste Management and Best Practices for Circular Economy and Sustainable Environment’, held at BIEC, Bengaluru during 13thand 14thFebruary 2019 in association with Clean water technology, India and WtERT-India
Indian Society of Technical Education Society of Automotive Engineers