Dr Anusha MB joined as an Assistant Professor in 2020 in the Department of Food Technology, FLAH, RUAS. She began her career as Guest faculty at Maharani’s Science College for Women, Mysore (2019−2020). Having earned degrees in BSc Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Microbiology (2010) and MSc (Biochemistry) (2012) from the University of Mysore, she went on to study for her PhD degree in Biochemistry at the Defence Food Research Laboratory, University of Mysore (2019).
Defence Food Research Laboratory(DFRL), Mysore – University of Mysore
DOS in Biochemistry, Manasagangotri, Mysore
BSc Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology
JSS College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mysore
Total Years of Experience: 01 year
Academic: 01 year
- ISO 22000 Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Program based on FSSC 22000 requirements ‑IRCA Approved, March 20th ‑24th 2017, organized by DNV GL Bangalore
- Workshop on Advances in In-vitro Cell culture and Functional Applications, July 6th-10th 2015, organized by The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore.
Workshop on Experimental Animals, Ethical Guidelines and Bio efficacy studies for Biotechnological Application (ICMR), January2014 organized by Karunya University, Coimbatore.
- Molecular biology
Studies on nutritional factors from plants influencing gastrointestinal tract functions at high-altitude conditions.
National Conference Papers
- Effect of Bromelain on cobalt chloride induced hypoxia in Caco‑2 cell line. In Proceedings of CSIR-CFTRI students’ symposium, Mysore, 13 July 2018.
International Conference Papers
- Effect of selected spices and herbs for efficient utilization of protein and carbohydrate. In Proceedings of 11th International Food Data Conference (IFDC), National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, 3 to 5 November 2015.
National Journal Papers
- Anusha, M.B., Shivanna, N., Kumar, G.P. and Anilakumar, K.R., 2018. Efficiency of selected food ingredients on protein efficiency ratio, glycemic index and in vitro digestive properties. Journal of food science and technology, 55(5), pp.1913 – 1921.
- Anusha, M.B., Shivanna, N. and Anilakumar, K.R., 2017. Nutritional Requirement at High-altitude with Special Emphasis to Behaviour of Gastro-intestinal Tract and Hormonal Changes.
- Anusha, M. B, Shivanna, N., Kumar, G. P., & Anilakumar, K. R. (2018). Ameliorative effects of bromelain on cobalt chloride-induced hypoxia in Caco‑2 cell line. International journal of Life Sciences Research Vol.6, Issue 4, pp 28 – 34.
International Journal Papers
- Basavaraju, A.M., Shivanna, N., Yadavalli, C., Garlapati, P.K. and Raghavan, A.K., 2020. Ameliorative Effect of Ananas comosus on Cobalt Chloride-Induced Hypoxia in Caco2 cells via HIF-1α, GLUT 1, VEGF, ANG and FGF. Biological Trace Element Research, pp.1 – 11.
- DRDO Technology Group Award for “Development and evaluation of various functional/nutraceuticals products suitable to improve physical performance, alertness, stress releasing (anxiolytic and anti-depression) and micronutrients” in 2015.
- Karnataka State Eligibility Test, 2017 – 18