Received Ph. D. from Indian Institute of science (Aerospace Engineering Department) and pursued post-doctoral research at University Virginia for two years and worked as research engineer at GE-GRC India before joining M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced studies.
Ph. D in Computations of Turbulent Supersonic Flows (Aerospace Engineering)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
M. E. in Design and Production of Thermal Power Equipment
Regional Engineering College (now NIT) Tiruchirappalli, Bharathidasan University
B. E. in Mechanical Engineering
Alagappa Chettiar Government College of Engineering and Technology. Madurai Kamaraj University
Total Years of Experience:
24 Years 7 Months
- Associate Professor, M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore — 6 Years (Aug 2014 Till date)
- Associate Professor,M. S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore — 3 Years (Oct 2011 July 2014)
- Associate Lecturer,Sri Nallalaghu Polytechnic, Chennai — 4 Years (Nov 1990 Aug 1994)
- Research Engineer,General Electric India, Bangalore(Jun-2008 Sep 2011)
- Visiting Scientist,Indian Institute of Science Bangalore. (Jan 2008 May 2008)
- Research Associate,University of Virginia(Dec 2005 Dec 2007)
- Scientist ‑Contract,Defence Research and Development Lab., Hyderabad(May 2005 Oct 2005)
- Research Associate,Combustion Gasification and Propulsion Lab, IISc, Bangalore(Sep 2003 April 2005)
- Research Associate, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore(Jan 2001 Aug 2003
- Graduate Apprentice,Heavy Vehicles Factory, Chennai — 1 Year (Oct 1989 Oct 1990)
- Computation of gas turbine combustion
- Automotive Powertrain
- Computational Fluid dynamics
Propulsion, Computational Fluid dynamics, Advanced computational physics with fluid flow, heat transfer, combustion and plasma dynamics with optimization
CFD, Combustion, Turbo machinery, Propulsion and Power
- Development of Numerical Test Bed to Analyse Compressor-Combustor Flow Interactions, PI, Rs. 9.3975 Lakhs, Mar. 2015 – Dec. 2017
- Study of Unsteady Flow Dynamics due to Afterburner Flameholder using LES PI, Rs. 9.5792 Lakhs (On going from Oct 2018)
- Fluid Dynamics
- computational physics
- plasma dynamics
- Turbo machinery
Numerical simulations of transverse injection of plane and circular sonic jets into turbulent supersonic streams
National Conference Papers:
- Ramkumar R., Manoj Mannari, Sriram, A. T. (2019) CFD simulation studies on model can-type combustor with syngas and enhanced hydrogen fuel combustion, 26th Nat. Conf. on IC Engines & Comb., 1st – 4th November 2019, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, Haryana, India.
- Sriram, A. T. and Narahari, H. K. (2019) Study of Wing Flutter at Preliminary Stages of Design, National Conference on Multidisciplinary Design, Ananysis, and Optimization, NCMDAO-2019, March 22 – 23, 2019, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore.
- Kedar T., Sriram, A. T. and Narahari, H. K. (2018) Estimation of Surface Pressures Over Wing from Surrogate Model Developed from Multi-Fidelity Data, Symposium on Applied Aerodynamics and Design of Aerospace Vehicles SAROD 2018 Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Bangalore, 29 Nov –1 Dec 2018, Paper No. – 107.
- Sriram, A. T. and Shankapal, S. R. (2018) Flow Characteristics of a Model Can-Type Combustor, National conference on Aerospace Technologies, NCAT-2018, 27th ‑28 th Sep. 2018, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai.
- Sriram, A. T. (2017) Numerical simulations of outlet guide vane of a transonic axial flow compressor with pre-diffuser, Proceedings of the 1st National Aerospace Propulsion Conference, 2017, IIT Kanpur, India.
- Nithin, K. N. and Sriram A. T. (2017) Simulation studies on injection of water/methanol/oxygen in a diesel engine, National Technical Seminar on Future Technologies for Combat Vehicles, 2017, Chennai, India.
- Shridhar, S. N. and Sriram, A. T. (2015) Numerical Study on liquid trajectory from slinger injector for small gas turbine combustors, 24th National Conference on IC Engines and Combustion, 2015, Dehradun, India.
- Sriram, A. T. (2013) Numerical study of swirl of radial jets of a model can-type combustor, 23rd National Conference on I. C. Engine and Combustion, 2013, Surat, India.
- Shedambi, P. P., Sriram, A. T. and Pathan, R. R. (2013) Numerical simulations of onset of flutter for AGARD 445.6 wing planform, Proceedings of the Fortieth National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, 2013, NIT Hamirpur.
- Sriram, A. T., Subbaramu, S. and Umesh, S. (2013) Numerical simulations of a model can-type combustor, National propulsion conference, Feb. 21 – 23, 2013, Chennai, India.
- Sriram, A. T. and Chelliah, H. K. (2007) “Numerical investigation of acoustic wave interaction with 2D counterflow flames,”Eastern State Section of Combustion Institute, Oct 2017, University of Virginia.
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2003), “Numerical simulations of transverse injection of gaseous hydrogen into supersonic crossflow,’’ 18th Nat. Conf. on IC Engines & Comb., December 2003, Trivandrum, India.
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2003) “Numerical simulation of transverse injection of round jets into supersonic streams,’’ 6th AeSI CFD Symposium, August 2003, Bangalore, India.
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2001) “Numerical simulation of a sonic jet injected into a supenonic cross-flow with the k‑w nirbulence modei,” 4th AeSI CFD Symposium August 2001, Bangalore, India.
International Conference Papers:
- Sriram, A. T. (2019) Numerical simulation studies on the performance of a diffuser attached with last stage compressor outlet guide vanes, ASME GTINDIA 2019, IIT Madras, Chennai. https://doi.org/10.1115/GTINDIA2019-2629
- Manoj Mannari, Sriram, A. T., Gursharanjit Singh, Ganesan, S. (2019), Unsteady non-reacting and reacting flow simulations of a triangular bluff-body flameholder, ASME GTINDIA 2019, IIT Madras, Chennai. https://doi.org/10.1115/GTINDIA2019-2603
- Darshan Y. N., Narahari, H. K. and Sriram, A. T. (2019) Aerodynamic optimization study on transport aircraft wing, International Conference on Advance Trends in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (ATMA-2019), 7 – 9th November, 2019 Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru, India
- Venkadakrishnan, T, Sriram, A. T. (2018) Effect of Injection Strategies on the Performance of Gasoline Direct Injection Engines, FISITA 2018 World Automotive Congress, October 02 – 05, 2018, Chennai Trade Centre, Chennai, India. EID: 2‑s2.0 – 85070839922
- Jeevan, H. L., Narahari, H. K. and Sriram, A. T. (2018) Development of pitch control subsystem of autopilot for a fixed wing unmanned aerial vehicle, 2nd International Conference on Inventive Systems and Control, 2018, JCT College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, India. DOI: 10.1109/icisc.2018.8399001 ISBN: 9781538608074
- Bharath, H. P., Narahari, H. K. and Sriram, A. T. (2016) Design of an aircraft wing for given flight conditions and planform area, 2nd International Conference on Innovative Design & Development Practice in Aerospace and Automotive Engineering, 2016, Chennai, India.
- Sriram, A. T. and Manjunath, D. C. (2016) Numerical study of pre-diffuser performance with axial flow compressor, Proceedings of Asian Congress on Gas Turbines, 2016, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
- Vijayan, R., Swathi Prasad, B. K. and Sriram, A. T. (2015) Simulation of sliding mode controller of boost converter for fuel cell hybrid electric vehicle, International Transportation Electrification Conference India, 2015, Chennai, India. DOI: 10.1109/itec-india.2015.7386925
- Deshpande, S. P. and Sriram, A. T. (2014) Numerical study on near wall flow structure of a model can-type combustor, 5th International Conference and 41st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, 2014, IIT Kanpur, India.
- Subbaramu, S, Nagpurwala Q. H., and Sriram, A. T. (2013), Effect of Trailing Edge Crenulation on the Performance and Stall Margin of a Transonic Axial Compressor, ASME GTINDIA2013 Conference, pp. 1 – 10, 2013, Bangalore, India. DOI: 10.1115/gtindia2013-3768
- Moraga, F., Vysohlid, M., Smelova, N., Gerber, A. G., Sriram, A. T. and Kanakala, V (2012) CFD Predictions of Efficiency for Non-Equilibrium Steam 2D Cascades, GT2012-68368, ASME Turbo Expo, June 11 – 15, 2012, Copenhagen, Denmark. DOI: 10.1115/gt2012-68368
- Moraga, F., Vysohlid„ M., Smelova, N., Sriram, A. T., kanakala, V., and Mistry, H., A (2012) Flux-Conservation Mixing Plane Algorithm for Multiphase Non-Equilibrium Steam Models, GT2012-68660, ASME Turbo Expo, June 11 – 15, 2012, Copenhagen, Denmark. https://doi.org/10.1115/GT2012…
- Sriram, A. T., Mistry, H., Moraga, F., and Dey, S., (2011) Numerical Sensitivity Studies on Nucleation of Droplets in Steam Turbine, POWER2011-55269, 2011, Denver, Colorado. DOI: 10.1115/power2011-55269
- Sriram, A. T. and Debasis Chakraborty,(2008) “Numerical simulations of staged transverse injection into Mach 2 flow behind a backward-facing step”, Int. Conf. on Aerospace Science and Technology, IISc Bangalore, June 26 ‑28.
- Sriram, A. T., Zambon, A. C., and Chelliah, H. K. (2008), “Validation of Ethylene-Air reduced reaction models in supersonic shear flows”, 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, NV, January 7- 10. DOI: 10.2514÷6.2008−993
- Zambon, A. C. Sriram, A. T. and Chelliah, H. K.(2007) “Development and implementation of reduced reaction models in supersonic reacting shear layers simulations”, 45th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meet. and ex., Reno, NV, Jan. 8 – 11. DOI: 10.2514÷6.2007−772.
- Sriram, A. T. and Paul, P. J., (2005) “Computation of amplification of free-stream turbulence across shock waves with k‑ω turbulence model,’’ 25th Int. symposium on shock waves, July 2005, IISc Bangalore.
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2004) “Numerical prediction of two-dimensional transverse injection flows,’’ 42nd AIAA Aerospace Sciences and Meeting and Exhibit, January 2004, Reno, USA. DOI: 10.2514÷6.2004−1099
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2002) “Numerical simulations of injection into supersonic streams,” 8th International workshop on shock tube technology, September 2002, Bangalore, India.
- Sriram, A. T., Mathew, J. and Ravichandran, K. S. (2001) “Computations of supersonic flow through compressor cascades,’’ 15th Intl. Symp. Airbreathing Engines, September 2001, Bangalore, India.
National Journal Papers:
- Kedar Thaker, Sriram, A. T. and Narahari, H. K. (2019) Estimation of Surface Pressures Over Wing Using Surrogate Model, SASTECH J. 8(2). pp. 5 ‑8
- Karthik, M. Sriram, A. T. and Narahari, H. K. (2018) Modeling and simulation studies on aeroelasticity of an airfoil with simulink, SASTECH J., 17(1), pp. 13 – 16.
- Nitin,K. N., Sriram, A. T. and Raja, R. (2018) Improvement on performance of a heavy-duty diesel truck engine by utilizing waste heat energy with organic Rankine cycle, SASTECH J., 17(1), pp. 37 – 40.
- Jaggu, J., Sriram, A. T., Ganapati, A. and Ravi, S. D. (2017) “Numerical prediction of NOx emissions from a partially premixed type burner of a gas fired air heating system”, SASTECH J., 16(1), pp. 21 – 24, 2017.
- Sriram, A. T. and Debasis Chakraborty (2011),“Numerical exploration of staged transverse injection into confined supersonic flow behind backward-facing step,’’ National defence science journal, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 3 – 11, January 2011
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J (2009) “Numerical study of benchmark experiments of supersonic compressor cascade,’’ Jl. Aerospace Sci. Tech. Aeronautical Society of India, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 355 – 364.
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2005) “Numerical simulation of a sonic jet injected in to a supersonic cross-flow with the k‑w turbulence model,’’ Jl. Aerospace Sci. Tech. Aeronautical Society of India, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 166 – 173.
International Journal Papers:
- Somayajula, S. K., Sriram, A. T., & Shelar, V. M. (2020). Study of Argon and Xenon gas properties on DC-glow discharge plasma. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1706, No. 1, p. 012030). IOP Publishing. doi:10.1088/1742 – 6596/1706/1/012030
- Sachin, S., & Sriram, A. T. (2020, December). Review of physical and mathematical modelling aspects of thermal management of induction motors. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1706, No. 1, p. 012105). IOP Publishing. doi:10.1088/1742 – 6596/1706/1/012105
- Pranupa, S. and Sriram, A. T. (2020) Influence of Model Parameters in the Analytical Wake Profile of a Wind Turbine in Wind Farm Design, Test Engineering and Management, 83, pp. 5243 – 5251. ISSN: 0193 – 4120.
- Sriram, A. T. and Shankapal, S. R. (2020) Flow Characteristics of a Model Can-Type Combustor, Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems, 12(3), DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4273/ijvs…;
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2008) “Numerical prediction of transverse injection of circular jets into supersonic streams’’ Jl. of Prop. and Power, Vol 24, No 1, pp 45 – 54. https://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/1…
- Sriram, A. T. and Mathew, J. (2006) “Improved prediction of plane transverse jets in supersonic crossflows”, AIAA Journal, Vol. 44 No.2, pp 405 – 407.
Patents: (1 filed)
- System and method for controlling fan airflow, Gokhale, M. Jaikumar, L. Subhrajit, D. Sandeep, K. and Sriram, A. T. , From GE, Application No.1663/CHE/201
- GATE 1994
- ARDB funding on numerical simulation studies on compressor combustor flows interactions.
- GTRE funding for Large Eddy Simulation Studies of Reacting Flows
- First RAUS Annual Exemplary Award for the year 2020 on Research Category.
The Combustion Institute -Indian Section