Mr. Yateen Lokesh is B.E (Civil Engineering)-VTU and M.E (Highway Engineering)-UVCE. He has over nine years of experience in teaching and research. He is currently working as Assistant Professor at the Department of Civil Engineering, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences Bangalore. He has over thirty two publications in National and International journals and conferences. He is a life member of various national professional bodies like Indian Road Congress (IRC), Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS), Institution of Engineers India (IEI) and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE). He and his team has been recently awarded for Best Technical Paper Presented at the Fourth National Conference on Road and Infrastructure INFRA-ROAD TECH-2019 organized by VOLVO-RAASTA-Bangalore. He also has a Patent filed on “METHOD, DEVICE AND APPARATUS FOR QUANTIFICATION OF PAVEMENT DISTRESS” with number: 202041056119 dated 12/23/2020
Ph.D Civil Engineering
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
M.E. (HIGHWAY ENGINEERING)
U.V.C.E, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka
B.E. (CIVIL ENGINEERING)
K.L.S-Gogte Institute of Technology, VTU, Belgaum, Karnataka.
Total Years of Experience: 9+ Years
Academic: 9+ Years
- Assistant Professor in Department of Civil Engineering, FET — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore — 5 Years (June ‑2016 to Till Date)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Civil Engineering — Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore — 4 Years (Jan ‑2012 to May ‑2016)
- Advanced Pavement Material Sciences
- Pavement Design, Construction and Evaluation
- Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning
Pavement Materials, Design, Construction and Evaluation
- Pavement Materials
- Transportation Engineering
- Construction and Evaluation
Porous Asphalt Concrete for Sustainable Infrastructure
National and International Conference Papers
- STUDY ON EFFECT OF COIR FIBERS IN SDBC G‑2MIX, ICCE-2013, Acharya Institute Of Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka.(19.11.2013)
- A STUDY ON EFFECT OF POLYPROPYLENE FIBERS ON PHYSICAL AND STRENGTH PROPERTIES OF SDBC G‑2 MIX, ICCE-2013, Acharya Institute Of Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka.(19.11.2013)
- AN OUTLINE OF STUDY ON EFFECT OF USE OF E‑WASTE CERAMIC AS AGGREGATE IN SDBC G‑2 MIX, ICCE-2013, Acharya Institute Of Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka.(19.11.2013)
- E‑WASTE: A PEEK INTO THE ACTUAL GENERATION AND TREATMENT SCENARIO WITH RESPECT TO THE GLOBAL AND INDIAN CONTEXT, ICICE-2013, Raja Rajeshwari College of Engineering, Bangalore. Karnataka (12.10.2013)
- ROLE OF E‑WASTE CERAMIC IN SDBC GRADE‑2 MIX FOR ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION ABATEMENT AND AS ALTERNATIVE CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL IN INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT, FOSET- Forum Of Scientists, Engineers And Technologists, Kolkata 10th All India People’s Technology Congress, FOSET, Kolkata (06.02.2015 TO 07.02.2015)
- FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS FOR CONTRIBUTION OF PAVEMENT TYPES TOWARDS URBAN WARMING AND GLOBAL WARMING, International Seminar (CC-2015) on Climate Change: Impact on Developing Countries, Shilllong, Meghalaya, India.
- EXPERIMENTAL STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF RECLAIMED ASPHALT WITH POLYPROPYLENE FIBRES IN BC‑1 WMA, Indian Congress of Civil Engineers (ICCE-2015), 1‑Day National Conference, Department of Civil Engineering, AIT.
- EFFECT OF ELECTROLYTE ON THE GEOTECHNICAL PROPERTIES OF BLACK COTTON SOIL, Indian Congress of Civil Engineers (ICCE-2015), 1‑Day National Conference, Department of Civil Engineering, AIT.
- E‑WASTE CERAMIC AS A POTENTIAL REPLACEMENT TO AGGREGATES IN BC‑1 MIX, National Conference on E‑Waste Management, XLRI, Jamshedpur, in association with IIT-Kharagpur and The University of Queensland-Australia.
- PERFORMANCE STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF FILLER AND CURING PERIOD ON BETM DBM‑1 MIX, National Conference on Advanced trends in Civil Engineering and Sustainable Development, MITE- Moodbidri.
- FEASIBILITY STUDY ON AGGREGATE CRUSHER AND ITS EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT, National Conference on Advanced trends in Civil Engineering and Sustainable Development, MITE- Moodbidri.
- DEVELOPMENT OF NOISE MAP’S FOR ROAD-TRAFFIC NETWORK OF BENGALURU, “International Conference on Hydraulic and Environmental Systems” KLESCET-Belgaum, 23rd to 25th March 2017
- FEASIBILTY EVALUATION FOR REPLACEMENT OF ‘COARSE’ AGGREGATES IN BITUMINOUS CONCRETE GRADE‑1 MIX AND SEMI-DENSE BITUMINOUS CONCRETE GRADE‑2 MIX WITH ‘E‑WASTE CERAMICS’, 7th International Science Congress (ISC-2017), International Science Community Association, College of Science and Technology, Rinchending, Phuentsholing, Chukkha, Bhutan, 8th — 9th December 2017
- STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF STONE DUST, CERAMIC DUST AND BRICK DUST AS FILLERS ON THE STRENGTH, PHYSICAL AND DURABILITY PROPERTIES OF BITUMINOUS CONCRETE (BC‑2) MIX, Ms. Suvarna P, Mr. Yateen Lokesh, Dr. S P Mahendra, 2nd International Conference on Recent Research Emerging Trends in Mechanical and Civil Engineering-2018 (13th and 14th July 2018)
- PLANNING, SCHEDULING AND TRACKING OF ONGOING BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT USING PRIMAVERA SOFTWARE AND EVM SOFTWARE, Ms. Suvarna P, Mr. Yateen Lokesh, Dr. S P Mahendra, 2nd International Conference on Recent Research Emerging Trends in Mechanical and Civil Engineering-2018 (13th and 14th July 2018)
- FABRICATION AND DIGITIZATION OF LOW –COST POTHOLE QUANTIFYING DEVICE’ Ashwij L, Lakshmish T P, Rajat Khodanpur, Yateen lokesh, N S Chandanshree, Dr. Subarna Chatterjee and Prakash P., 2019, , VOLVO-RAASTA-Bangalore, Fourth National Conference on Road and Infrastructure INFRA-ROAD TECH 2019, April 04 – 05, 2019, pp. 302 – 310.
- Ms. Medha P Patil Kulkarni, Ms. N.S. Chandanshree, Mr. Yateen Lokesh and Dr. N. Nayana Patil “COMPARATIVE STUDIES ON BLACK COTTON SOIL WITH GGBS AND BAGASSE ASH AS STABILIZING AGENTS”; 3rd International Conference on Recent Research Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering ICRRETCE- 2019; REVA University Bangalore.
- Ms. Sangeetha, N.S. Chandanshree, Yateen Lokesh “PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF BITUMINOUS CONCRETE GRADE‑2 MIX MODIFIED USING INDUSTRIAL PAINT SLUDGE”; 3rd International Conference on Recent Research Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering ICRRETCE- 2019; REVA University Bangalore.
National and International Journal Papers
- LABORATORY STUDYON FIBROUS AND NON FIBROUS BITUMEN USINGBROOKFIELD VISCOMETER, Indian Journal Of Research – PARIPEX MARCH-2013,2,3, pp. 8 – 9
- A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF COMPACTION ON STRENGTH AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF STONE MATRIX ASPHALT COMPACTED BY MARSHALL COMPACTION AND SUPERPAVE GYRATORY COMPACTION METHOD, Indian Journal Of Applied Research ISSN NO: 2249 – 555X, pp. 60 – 62, VOLUME: 4, ISSUE: 07, JULY 2014, IF: 2.1652
- STUDY ON THE EFFECT OF COIR FIBRES ON SDBC GRADE‑2 MIX, International Journal Of Scientific Research, ISSN NO: 2277 – 8179, pp.31 – 33, VOLUME:3, ISSUE:07, JULY 2014, IF:1.8651
- A STUDY ON THE EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF E‑WASTE CERAMIC BY ITS UTILIZATION AS A REPLACEMENT TO AGGREGATES IN SDBC GRADE‑2 MIX, International Journal Of Innovation And Applied Studies, ISSN: 2028 – 9324, AUG 2014
- SUGGESTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS TO MD-BLOCK IN BLR CITY, Global Journal For Research Analysis, 1.56, ISSN NO: 22778160, AUG-2014, VOL‑3 ISSUE‑8
- FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS OF E‑WASTE CERAMICS IN BIYUMINOUS CONCRETE GRADE‑1 MIX TO COMBAT SURFACE URBAN HEAT ISLAND, IJSR, Romania, 2015
- STUDY ON STREANGTH AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF BITUMENOUS CONCRETE GRADE‑1 MIX, WITH E‑WASTE CERAMICS AS REPLACEMENT TO AGGREGATES, Scientific Israel-Technological Advantages, Vol.17, No‑4, 2015, Page 184.
- REAL-TIME ‘NOISE-VIOLATION’ MAPPING FROM ROAD-TRAFFIC NETWORK FOR ENTIRE BANGALORE CITY, Bulletin of Civil Engineers, Saint Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Russia Vol 1 (60) February Page number 177 УДК 504.064
- PRIORITIZATION OF BLACK SPOTS IN EAST BANGALORE & IMPROVEMENTS OF GEOMETRICS TO BLACK SPOT IN OUTER RING ROAD, Sanath A H, Nikhil T R And Yateen Lokesh published in International Journal of Civil Engineering & Technology (IJCIET) Volume 9, Issue 8, August 2018, pp. 1564 – 1574, ISSN Print: 0976 – 6308 and ISSN Online: 0976 – 6316; Journal Impact Factor (2016): 9.7820 Calculated by GISI (www.jifactor.com); InfoBase Index IBI Factor for the year 2015 – 16 is 4.19; Thomson Reuters’ Researcher ID: B‑7378 – 2016”.
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF HOT MIX ASPHALT USING MODIFIED BINDERS FOR BITUMINOUS CONCRETE GRADE‑2, Sanjana Y C, Nikhil T R, and Yateen Lokesh, Volume 5, Issue 9, September 2018, page No. 12 – 17, SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering ( SSRG –IJCE ), ISSN: 2348 –8352. IF= 2.21.
- PAVEMENT SERVICEABILITY INDEX FOR URBAN ROADS IN BENGALURU, Sunil G, Nikhil T R and Yateen Lokesh, Volume 3, Issue 11, November 2018, page No. 169 – 175, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology (IJISRT), ISSN: 2456 – 2165. IF= 5.15.
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION STABILIZED SOIL FOR PAVEMENTS, Rajesh R, Nikhil T R, Yateen Lokesh and Eshwar Reddy H N, Volume 5, Issue 12, December 2018, page No. 9 – 16, SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering (SSRG –IJCE), ISSN: 2348 –8352. IF= 2.21.
- Siddharth Nayak, Yateen Lokesh and Nikhil T R, “ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF NH-48 (FOUR LANING OF HASSAN TO MARANAHALLY SECTION OF NH-75) IN THE STATE OF KARNATAKA ON EPC MODE “, Volume 7, Issue 3, March 2020, page No. 597- 601, International Research Journal of Engineering & Technology (IRJET), ISSN: 2395 –0056, IF= 7.34.
- Prashanth M, Nikhil T R, Yateen Lokesh and Chandanshree N S “A REVIEW PAPER ON DRIVING BEHAVIOR MODELLING”, Volume 9, Issue 5, April 2020, page No. 1073 – 1082, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN: 2319 –7064, IF= 7.58.
- Prashanth M, Nikhil T R, Yateen Lokesh & N S Chandanshree, CALIBRATION AND VALIDATION OF VISSIM DRIVING BEHAVIOR PARAMETERS FOR SIGNALIZED AND UN-SIGNALIZED INTERSECTIONS IN BANGALORE CITY, GIS Science Journal, ISSN No: 1869 – 9391; Volume‑7, Issue-11 – 2020; Page-911
- Achieved “RAJYA PURASKAR” in Bharat Scout and Guide association and felicitated by Governor of Karnataka.
- Achieved National Award and gold medal in painting competition organized by NCERT and CBSE.
- Achieved 1st and 2nd positions in various other National and State level painting competitions organized by Karnataka, Goa and Maharashtra states.
- Participated in various International level painting competitions like UNICEF, WWF etc.
- Achieved 1st and 2nd positions in Technical paper presentation and painting competitions in AVELANCH – 2008 and 2009 organized by GIT Belgaum.
- Secured FIRST place in paper presentation and won the BEST TECHNICAL PAPER award for presenting a technical paper on ‘FABRICATION AND DIGITIZATION OF LOW –COST POTHOLE QUANTIFYING DEVICE’ at the Fourth National Conference on Road and Infrastructure INFRA-ROAD TECH 2019.
- Patent filed on “METHOD, DEVICE AND APPARATUS FOR QUANTIFICATION OF PAVEMENT DISTRESS” with number: 202041056119 dated 12/23/2020
The Institution of Engineers India since 2010 ( AM-141345-5)
Indian Society of Technical Education since 2012 ( LM-85134)
Indian Road Congress since 2012 ( LM-39416)
Indian Geotechnical Society since 2012 ( LM-3554)
ASTR-Bangalore since 2018