Dr Parasuraman P is an Assistant Professor working for the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at RUAS. His research interests are varied in nature. These include Artificial Intelligence based drug discovery, computer aided drug design, drug synthesis (conventional & microwave), formulation optimisation and also rare diseases, neurodegenerative diseases and cancer.
He entered the academic world about 8 years ago to impart teaching and character-building qualities in a way that would help students become complete, successful and upstanding citizens of the future. He believes in continuous self-enhancement and of his students with contemporary developments and R & D pursuits in the Pharmaceutical industry. His main vision is to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in his performance at work and at the same time, work towards the wellness and welfare of the student’s community. This would together pave the way for a more conducive environment for his pursuits in research.
Dr Parasuraman obtained his Doctor of Philosophy degree from Annamalai University, Chidambaram in 2016. His long list of educational qualifications include Master’s in Pharmacy degree, a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Research & DM. A registered Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Council of India, he is a life member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India. He was honoured with the “Best Researcher Award” by the ESN Research Group in Chennai (2019).
Annamalai University, Chidambaram
K.M.C.H College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
E.G.S.P college of Pharmacy, Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu, India
PGDCR & DM
NGP Arts and Science College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Total years of experience
Academic 9 Years
- Technical workshop on “Cytoflex-Flow Cytometry Applications in Biotechnology”, jointly organized by Department of Biotechnology, Ramaiah Institute of Technology and BECKMAN COULTER Life Sciences, 04th-09th June 2018
- Workshop on An Introduction to GPU Computing in Computational Biology, at IIT Indore, Madhya Pradesh, on 15th ‑19th July, 2019.
- Workshop on Quantum Mechanics, Molecular Mechanics and Metadynamics at Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumakuru with Qunatumzyme, BiSEP and K‑Tech, 26th-27th Feb 2020
Artificial Intelligence based drug discovery
Computer Aided Drug Design
Drug Synthesis (Conventional & Microwave
Rare diseases, Neurodegenerative disease and Cancer disease
Drug design, Lead optimization, QSAR, Molecular modeling, ADME modeling, Structural-based drug design, Ligand-based drug design, Homology modeling, Pharmacophore analysis, Analog design.
Working knowledge of software’s like, e.g., Schrodinger modules, Auto Dock 4.1, Argus Lab, Swiss PDB viewer, Modeller09, Gaussian09W, SPARTAN, Design Expert tool and Graphpad Prism
Theoretical aspects of DFT, MO analyses of bonding and spectroscopy and molecule-surface interactions
Organic synthesis by conventional method and microwave irradiation method
Spectroscopy investigations, molecular bonding interactions, Chemical reactivity and mechanistic insights of organic reactions
Analytical chemistry (method development by HPLC and UV Spectrophotometer). Isolation of phytochemical constituent from herbal source
Pharmacological screening of natural and synthetic compounds against various animal models.
- Received “BEST RESEARCHER AWARD” from ESN Research group at Hotel Turyaa, Chennai, India on 28th September, 2019.
- Received Genixbio Young Scientist Travel grant Research Award (JRF-PHD) from Genxbio Health Sciences, New Delhi, India on 05th, Feb 2014.
- University Grant Commission – Basic Science Research (UGC-BSR) fellowship: Received meritorious UGC-BSR fellowship from Government of India to carry out my PhD at the Department of Pharmacy, Annamalai University.