Anti-Ragging Policy and Committee
Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (RUAS) has a strict, zero-tolerance policy towards ragging. The University educates students on what constitutes ragging, the destructive impact of it, as well as the repercussions and punishments of such activity. Students are educated through skits, flash mobs, posters, and banners. Contact information of relevant anti-ragging authorities — including the Anti-Ragging Cell of MHRD is prominently displayed and promoted.
A university-level Anti-Ragging Committee is formed to look into any complaints of ragging received. The Committee includes all the top officers of the University.
Meetings are conducted on a regular basis and surprise visits to the hostels are undertaken to dissuade students from indulging in ragging.
- List of Members of the Anti-Ragging Committee
- List of Members of the Anti Ragging Squad
- Circular - Instructions to Students Anti Ragging
- Circular - Anti Ragging Campaign
- Circular - Anti Ragging Measures
- Rules and Regulations for Anti Ragging by AICTE
- Anti Ragging Posters by UGC
- Notice - Curbing the Menace of Ragging in AICTE Approved Technical Institutions
- Videos on Ragging Issues by UGC
Anti Ragging Helpline, UGC, New Delhi : 1800−180−5522
Student Disciplinary Committee
The Student Disciplinary Committee of the University mediates and tries to resolve issues between students amicably. The Committee also investigates alleged malpractices by students and doles out appropriate punishment depending on the seriousness of the issue.