Used ByStudents, Faculty / Staff, Research
The Hotel Management College was established in 1993 as part of this prestigious group of educational institutions known for academic excellence and social commitment to creating responsible citizens with human values it is merged with Ramaiah University applied sciences in 2013, it was renamed the Faculty of Hospitality Management and Catering Technology.
The FHMCT library is an excellent store of books and is easily accessible to students and the faculty. It is housed in its own building measuring 150 sq meters carpet area. It has a good collection of various subjects and general interests to meet the present and future information needs of its users.
- Reference Service
- Property Counter
- Inter Library Loan /Resource Sharing
- Internet Services
- Computerized Services
- Reprographic Services
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
The OPAC allows users to search the entire library collection (such as books, journals, magazines, digital materials, etc) to find the relevant information they are looking for. Library Members can access the full text of digital material by using their user id and password.
|Mr S Ravi Chandra
|Mr H N Kantharaju
General Rules and Regulations
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Bags, raincoats, jerkins and casual wear is strictly prohibited inside the Library.
- No reader shall take any printed materials inside the Library.
- Users are requested to keep their belongings at the counter near the entrance of the library.
- Library users are strictly prohibited from taking borrowed and issued books again inside the Library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued to members only if they produce their Membership Card.
- Membership Cards are not transferable. Books will not be issued to students on the Membership Cards of other users.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or will do as decided by the Librarian
- Absence from college will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such books or pay the value thereof.
- Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse to issue books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books.
- The book has to be produced in the Library for renewal.
- More than two renewals are not allowed.
- Fine of Rs. 2/- for Students and Rs. 5/- for Staff will be charged for overdue per day.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his/her original or duplicate Library Membership Card.
- Reference books, newspapers, magazines, and journals should not be taken out of the library.
- Closed Access System is followed in the Library.
- Weekdays 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Even Saturdays: 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM
Odd Saturdays: Holiday
Library remains closed on all Sundays and RUAS declared holidays