Ms.Shrimoyee Ganguly is a Lecturer at the Department of Economics, School of Social Sciences, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences. She was formerly an UGC Senior Research Fellow (January 2018 — July 2022) during which she completed her M.Phil. in Economics in 2019 and initiated her Ph.D. research since August, 2019, both at the Department of Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata. She completed her Bachelor degree in Economics ranking First Class Second and Master degree in Economics ranking First Class Third from Jadavpur University in 2015 and 2017 respectively.
Her M.Phil dissertation, completed under the supervision of Prof Rajat Acharyya, is titled, Devaluation, Export Quality and Labour Market Implications for a Small Open Economy. At present, she is pursuing Ph.D. in Economics under supervision of: Dr.Rajat Acharyya, and the title of her thesis is Essays on Export Quality, Employment and Wage Inequality: Role of Trade, Exchange rate, Fiscal and Monetary Policies. She has served as Teaching Assistant at the Department of Economics, Jadavpur University in the Under-Graduate course on International Economics.
Her teaching interests are in the fields of Microeconomics, International Economics, Public Economics, and Developmental Economics. Her research interests lie in International Trade policy; Product Quality; Labour market; Infrastructure development and Export promotion. She has attended many conferences and seminars within India to present her research works. Her research work has been published in several reputed International peer-reviewed journals like Review of Development Economics (Wiley), International Journal of Economic Theory (Wiley) and Journal of Asian Economics (Elsevier), and as a chapter in an edited volume published by Springer Nature. A co-authored monograph with Rajat Acharyya, titled, Export Quality and Income Distribution is forthcoming in the series Cambridge Elements in International Economics (Series Ed: Kenneth Reinert) to be published by Cambridge University Press.
(a) Journal Publications
- Marjit S., Ganguly S. and Acharyya R., (2020). “Minimum wage, trade and unemployment in general equilibrium”. Int J Econ Thory; 1 – 14, https://doi.org/10.1111/ijet.1…
- Ganguly, S., and Acharyya, R. (2021). Trade liberalization, export quality, and three dimensions of wage inequality. Review of Development Economics, 00, 1 – 23. https://doi.org/10.1111/rode.1…
- Ganguly, S., and Acharyya, R. (2021). Emigration, Tax on Remittances and Export Quality. South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, Vol 10, Issue 1, pp. 40 – 71. DOI: 10.1177÷2277978720980236
- Ganguly, S. & Acharyya, R. (2022). Devaluation, Export Quality and Employment in a Small Dependent Economy. Journal of Economic Development, March, 47(1).
- Ganguly, S. and R. Acharyya, 2021. “Deficit versus Balanced Budget Financing of ICT Infrastructure and Export Quality. Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, 77, 1 – 17.
(b) Chapters in Edited Volumes
- Ganguly, S. & Acharyya, R. (2022) Asymmetric Quality Effect of Input Trade Liberalization, Chapter 2 In: Bagli, S., Chakrabarti, G. & Guha, P., Eds.: Persistent and Emerging Challenges to Development: Insights forPolicy-making in India. Springer Nature
- Reverse Migration and Exports at Extensive Margin: Case of a Small Dependent Economy.
- Do Policies matter for Export Quality? A Cross-Country Evidence.
CONFERENCE AND SEMINAR PRESENTATIONS:
- “Devaluation, Export Quality and Employment in a Small Open economy”, co-authored with Dr. Rajat Acharyya. Paper presented at the seminar at Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta, India (November, 2018)
- “Currency Devaluation, Export Quality and Implications on Labour Market in a Small Open Economy”, presented at National Research Scholars seminar organised by Centre for Advanced Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata (March, 2019).
- “Trade Liberalization, Export Quality and Three Dimensions of Wage Inequality”, co-authored with Dr. Rajat Acharyya; Presented at15th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development ISI Delhi, (December 2019); and selected for presentation at 15th Australasian Trade Workshop to be conducted at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia (March 2020, cancelled due to Cov-19 pandemic).
- “Emigration, Tax on Remittances and Export Quality”, co-authored with Dr. Rajat Acharyya; Presented at Conference on International Trade and Open Economy Macroeconomics, Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta, India (December, 2019).
- “Do Policies matter for Export Quality? A Cross-Country Evidence”, co-authored with Dr. Saibal Kar and Dr. Rajat Acharyya; Presented at 7th International Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade & Finance, organized by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata (December, 2021).
- Was Co-ordinator of Organizing Committee and Event Management Team, Young Economist Students’ Meet, 2014 and 2015 (an initiative pioneered by students of UG Third Year, Department of Economics, Jadavpur University, to bring together on one platform students and scholars of Economics including stalwarts).
- UGC-Net JRF awarded in 2018 (January)
- Ujjayini Memorial Award: Gold Centered Silver Medal for standing Second at the Bachelor of Arts Examination in Economics (2015), Jadavpur University.
- Amitabha Roy Memorial Award (2012): for being the ISC topper from Humanities section. Also secured second-highest marks considering Science-Humanities-Commerce combined.
- Bandana Sen Memorial Award (2012): awarded to an outgoing class 12 girl student who was not only excellent in academics but also excelled in extra-curricular activities and whose conduct was good throughout.
- Bandana Sen Memorial Award (2010): awarded to an outgoing class 10 girl student who was not only excellent in academics but also excelled in extra-curricular activities and whose conduct was good throughout.