MBA – Specialised in Marketing
B.E. – Mechanical Engineering
M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Competencies in the Industry during my working experience from June mid-1990 till September 2008 – were in the areas of Marketing Communication – Advertising, Sales, Sales Promotion, Direct Marketing, Events , specifically in the areas of:
- Brand Management – Brand Identity, Brand Positioning,
Brand building, Brand Launches, Brand Registration
- Customer Relationship Management – Customer Loyalty Programs, handling of Customer Complaints and Customer Grievances Redressal,
- Product Brand strategy, Visual Merchandising and Retail Private Label strategy
- Corporate Sales and Institutional sales
- Sales Management – in Retail and Engineering Sectors, Retail Business Development, Retail Business Partners Management Corporate Communication – targeting multiple stake-holders.
Worked in various companies in mostly senior positions from June mid-1990 till September 2008 – for a period of about 19 years — in the diverse sectors of Consumer Retailing, Engineering capital goods, Automotive components and Projects in the following sequence:
- Executive – Marketing in SR Marketing, an Exports Agency from 1990 – mid-92 Asst. Manager — Sales from mid-1992 till mid-1994.
- Deputy Manager — Sales from mid-1994 till 1997 in McNally Bharat Engineering Co. Ltd, an engineering company. Responsible for sales of Slurry pumps and allied mining industry equipment to pan-India clients in private and government sector mining companies.
- Deputy Manager – Sales in Kuduma Fasteners from 1997 to mid-1998. Responsible for sales of High-Tensile Fasteners to clients pan-India in Automotive and Engineering sectors.
- Head – Marketing at Valdel Retail from 2003 – to mid — 2008 . Responsible for Marketing Communications and brand-building of the consumer retail business entities of Valdel Retail Manager – Marketing and Projects at Valdel Retail from 1998 to 2003.
- Teaching, Mentorship, Training and Skill Development in the areas of Marketing Management, Marketing Communication, Retail Management, Business Strategy, Consumer Behavior, Advertising Management, International Marketing, Principles of Management and other allied Sales and Marketing subjects — at M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences from February, 2014 till current date.
- Taught the above and Allied subjects at MATS Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, (MIME), Bangalore — now called CMS Business School, part of Jain University for three years as visiting faculty member from 2006 – 2008 and as full-time Faculty member from October 2008 till February 2014.
- Taught the subjects of Business Policies and Marketing Strategy, in the year 2008, for employees of Mindtree Limited pursuing their Executive MBA-IT Program at MindtreeLtd., a leading IT company. This MBA-IT program was conducted by Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, a unit of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management – under Symbiosis University, Pune.
- Taught Retail Management in 2008 to the final year students of PGPRM (Post Graduate Program in Retail Management) course of IBA (Indian Business Academy, Bangalore).
- Apart from teaching, I have been involved in Skill development, Counseling, Mentoring, Training, Admissions Counselling Placement Assistance and Empowering post-graduate students for Industry and for Entrepreneurship.
- Visited the countries of China, Singapore, Dubai, Malaysia as a part of academic tours with post-graduate Management students.
- Research — Engaged in Research in Marketing and Allied areas since 2011.
- Associate Professor at M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences – teaching various Management, Marketing and allied courses.
- Courses taught: Marketing Management, Sales and Distribution Management, International Marketing Management, Consumer Behavior, Services Marketing, Retail Marketing, Industrial Marketing, Principles of Management, Strategic Management, Managerial Skills.
International Conference Papers:
- Presented a Paper with the title, in the International Conference on “Agricultural Marketing in the context of changing Global Economic order” on 25th March, 2011, at Mysore, India, at the Institute of Development Studies, University of Mysore. The Conference was organized in collaboration with the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore and the Karnataka State Agricultural Marketing Board, Bangalore, India.
- Presented a Paper in the International Conference on Medical and Health Sciences, on 7th August, 2016, at Bangalore, India. The Conference was organized by the Asian Society of Academic Research in association with IRAJ Research Forum, Bangalore.