Dr. Vidya Baliga worked as Director Evaluation, Assessment, & Examinations (COE) of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences University & was a Professor in the department of Periodontics at Sharad Pawar Dental College & Hospital. As member secretary of the Institutional Ethics committee of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, University, the ethics committee received accreditation by the National Accreditation board for Hospitals (NABH) for conduct of clinical trials. She has conducted several ICH-GCP workshops and has received training by NABH for clinical trials. She has also mentored Colleges under the UGC Paramarsh scheme for NAAC mentoring. She has also played an important role in accreditation of the dental hospital by the National Accreditation board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers; the fourth dental college and hospital in India to be accredited. Current research interests are dental Implants, 3‑D bio-printed scaffolds, Lasers, platelet concentrates and periodontal regeneration.
M. Phil (Health Professions Education)
Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Scineces, Wardha
PhD (Periodontology and Implantology)
Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Scineces, Wardha
Diploma in Implantology
University of Genova, Italy
Diploma in Lasers
University of Genova, Italy
AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
AB Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
Total Academic experience: 14 years
National accreditation board for hospitals &Healthcare providers (NABH)
- NABH training in accreditation of ethics committees for clinical trials
- NABH accreditation for dental hospital with 10 copyrights published.
- Mentor for 3 colleges under the UGC Paramarsh scheme for mentoring NAAC accreditation
- Committee for Criteria 2
Health professions education :
- Basic and advanced training in teaching and learning.
- Workshop on Problem Based Learning (P.B.L), 28th March, 2011, Jawaharlal Nehru medical college, organized by department of medical education, DMIMS(DU), Wardha.
- Workshop on OSCE/OSPE, 28th March, 2011, Jawaharlal Nehru medical college, organized by department of medical education, DMIMS (DU), Wardha
- National workshop on medical education technologies, 29th ‑30th July, 2011, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, DMIMS (DU), Wardha.
- Workshop on ‘Curriculum’, 22nd August, 2014 organized by school for health professions education and research, DMIMS(DU), Sawangi, Wardha.
- Sensitization workshop ‘Policy of DMIMS, university on evaluation of P. G. thesis’, 13th October, 2016 organized by Dental Education Unit (DEU), SPDC.
- Orientation workshop for ‘Papers Setters and Internal Validators’, 13th October, 2016 organized by Dental Education Unit (DEU), SPDC.
- Transformative leadership workshop by ADCC Academy Pvt. Ltd. in 2018.
- Basic administrative skills & education course, 21st and 22nd February 2014, Jawaharlal Nehru medical college, DMIMS (DU).
- Research methodology workshop
- Introduction to research funding & protocol development’ by Dr.MS.Muthu organized by Subharti university on 29.7.20.
- DCI national survey training workshop, 21st Dec, 2010, Sinhgad dental college and hospital, Pune.
Systematic reviews :
- Workshop on ‘Developing protocol for Cochrane systematic reviews’, 23 – 25 August, 2016 by Cochrane south Asia.
- Literature search webinar by Vasumati Ganesh of the Qmed foundation hosted by VSPM dental college and hospital, Nagpur on17.8.20
- Workshop on ‘Literature search, plagiarism and Zotero’ from −17−20 th August organized by BVMC Vellore.
Conduct of clinical trials:
- Good Clinical Practices (ICH-GCP) and New Drugs and Clinical Trials (NDCT- 2019).
- ICH-GCP Training- 1st December 2016, Wardha conducted by ISCR & AECRT, Nagpur.
- ICH-GCP Training- 07th October 2017, Wardha organized by Dept. of Forensic Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College & Public Health Dentistry, Sharad Pawar Dental College.
- ICH-GCP Training-18th of June, 2019, Wardha organized by QAscent Research Solutions on Ethics & Quality Improvement.
- ICH-GCP Training-24th Sep, 2019, Wardha organized by Ardent Clinical Research Services & DMIMS.
- Evidence based clinical practice’ by EBSCO host on ‑13.8.20.
- Indian Society of Periodontology, preconference course ‘New Vistas in
- Lecture/hands-on ‘simplifying modern endodontic and post-endodontic restorations’, 19th August, 2007, Agra.
- Lecture/hands-On, ‘anterior composite restorations’, 20th April, 2009, Kanti Devi dental college and hospital, Mathura.
- Workshop on ‘Lasers: are they for me?’July 9 – 10th, 2011, SPDC, Wardha.
- Symposium on ‘infection control in dentistry’, 21st April, 2012, SPDC, Wardha.
- National symposium on ‘Periodontal diseases in pediatric patients’, 18th & 19th July, 2015, VSPM dental college, Nagpur.
- Workshop on ‘Dental Journalism’, Manipal college of dental sciences Manipal, September 6th, 2004.
- Computer appreciation course held from 10/07/2000 to 30/07/2000 by ET&T Corporation LTD, New Delhi.
- Provided ICH-GCP Training for clinicians, investigators of clinical trials (medical, dental, Ayurveda) and ethics committee members ‑1st December 2016, Wardha in collaboration with Space Services.
- Provided ICH-GCP and NABH Training for conduct of clinical trials on 23rd February, 2019, Wardha for clinicians, investigators of clinical trials (medical,dental,Ayurveda) and ethics committee members organized by Institutional Ethics Committee, DMIMS.
- Provided ICH-GCP and NABH Training for conduct of clinical trials in 2019, Wardha for ethics committee members of Mahatma Gandhi college of Ayurveda, DMIMS.
- Faculty for the Diploma in Lasers course conducted by Sharad Pawar dental college, Wardha in collaboration with University of Genova, Italy from (2012−2017).
- Faculty for the oral Implantology course for postgraduates conducted by Sharad pawar dental college and hospital, Wardha.
- Faculty for MBBS foundation course on Research ethics and conduct of research.
- Freshers Induction programmes for undergraduates.
- Clinical Orientation programmes for undergraduates and interns.
- Orientation programmes on research ethics, plagiarism, and submission of research protocols and thesis for postgraduates and PhD scholars.
- Orientation programmes for institutional forum for women.
Dental Implants, periodontal regeneration, 3D bioplotting and bone scaffolds, Platelet derivatives, Lasers, GCF & Caspases, Mapping tools.
PhD dissertation: Comparative evaluation of Caspase 3&7 levels in gingival crevicular fluid of patients with chronic and aggressive periodontitis.
- Comparison of neutrophil activity in diabetic and healthy patients, 5th national post graduate workshop of Indian society of Periodontology, 5th-6th May, 2006, Coorg, Karnataka.
- Periodontal manifestations in a patient with epidermal nevus syndrome- 35th Indian society of Periodontology conference, 27th ‑30th Oct 2010, Bengaluru.
- Comparison of the effectiveness of delayed versus early loading of implants-19th national conference of the Indian society of implantologists, 25th- 28th October, 2012, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Evaluation of effectiveness of the diode laser for the treatment of periodontal pockets: A randomized controlled trial, Maharashtra state IDA conference, 15th ‑16th December, 2012, Pune.
- Scientific paper presentation ‘Role of Caspases in periodontal disease’ at 41st Indian society of Periodontology national conference held from 21st to 23rd October, 2016 at Nagpur.
- Evaluation of the levels of GCF Caspase 3&7 in patients with chronic and aggressive periodontitis, 43rd Indian society of Periodontology conference, 5th ‑7th October, 2018, Panchkula, Chandigarh.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of an integrated graphic organizer as a tool for traditional pedagogy,10th National Conference on Health Professions Education (NCHPE-18) & 2nd MUHS state level health science education technology research conference,15th-17th November, 2018, Nagpur.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of an integrated graphic organizer as a tool for traditional pedagogy, 41st Indian society of Periodontology national conference, 8th-10thNovember, 2019, Palace grounds, Bengaluru.
- Comparative evaluation of the effectiveness of sticky bone Vs β‑TCP +GTR in class II furcation defects on 14.12.19, Sharad Pawar dental college, Wardha as part of Staff Research Society (SRS) activity.
- Comparison of delayed versus early loaded single tooth implants ‑35th APDC, 7th-12th May 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Augmentation of the maxillary sinus using an osteotome floor elevation (crestal approach) followed by implant placement‑a case series-36th Asia Pacific Dental Congress, 17th-19th June, 2014,World trade centre, Dubai, UAE.
- Augmentation of the maxillary sinus using crestal approach followed by implant placement- 39th Asia Pacific Dental Congress, 22nd-25th May, 2017, Macau.
- Palmar plantar keratosis with destructive periodontitis, 30th Indian society of Periodontology annual conference, 5th ‑7th November, 2005, Chennai trade centre, Chennai.
- Introduction of evidence-based journal club to dental postgraduates, education units, nodal centre for national faculty training (recognized by MCI) & SHPER, DMIMS (DU), 17th July 2015.
- ‘Root coverage –An update’ CDE programme on July 24th, 2012 at Sharad Pawar dental college and hospital, Wardha.
- ‘Flapless surgery’-‘Laser Smiles’ conclave, 4th-6th August,2013 organized by Universita degli studi, Genova at Marriot resorts & Spa, Panjim, Goa.
- ‘Applications of Lasers in periodontics’- ‘Laser Smiles’ conclave, 2014, international speciality conference, 29th Oct to Nov 1st, 2014, Agra.
- ‘Perioesthetic surgeries-Part II’ — eCME/eCDE on 06/05/2014 at DMIMS, Wardha.
- ‘Paradigm shift from surgical to medical model’ — eCME/eCDE on 30/09/2014 at DMIMS, Wardha.
- Keystone Pathogen Hypothesis-point counterpoint session’- 39th national conference of Indian Society of Periodontology (ISP) held from 10th - 12th October, 2014 at Jaipur.
- ‘Role of Ethics in Research’, 12th Postgraduate induction training programme from 21st to 24th July, 2017 at DMIMS, Wardha.
- ‘Ethical issues in biomedical research’, 14th postgraduate induction training programme,1st to 3rd August, 2019 at DMIMS(DU), Wardha.
- ‘Periodontal regeneration’, 8th November, 2017, CDE on ‘Guided Bone Regeneration-An Update’ organized by department of Periodontology, Sharad Pawar dental college and hospital, Sawangi (M), Wardha. Maharashtra, India.
- ‘Plagiarism and ethical conduct of research’, Resource person for the research methodology workshop conducted by DMIMSU for PhD scholars on July 22nd, 2020.
- ‘Role of Biomarkers in periodontal diagnosis’, Thursday 25th February,2021 e‑CDE programme on ‘Periodontal Diagnostics’ organized by department of Periodontics and Implantology, VSPM dental college and research centre, Nagpur.
- Extraction socket grafting using recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein‑2‑clinical implications and histological observations.BMC Res Notes 2021; 14:61 https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-021 – 05476‑0.
- Comparative Evaluation of Effectiveness of Pinhole Surgical Technique with Coronally Advanced Flap for the Treatment of Gingival Recession Defects In Humans‑A Clinical Study. European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine 2020; 7 (7): 2011 – 2017.
- Drug Induced Gingival Overgrowth: A review. European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine 2020;7(7):1744 ‑56.
- To Keep COVID-19 Out of Hospitals in India — Are We Prepared? J Evolution Med Dent Sci; Sept 14,2020;9(37) eISSN — 2278 – 4802, pISSN — 2278 – 4748.
- Corona virus disease and diabetes – Interplay of two pandemics.International Journal Of Research In Pharmaceutical Sciences 2020;11(1),1048 – 1053.
- Corona viruses outbreaks — Then to Now.International Journal Of Research In Pharmaceutical Sciences 2020;11(1):1151 – 1155.
- Preparing Hospitals in India for Covid-19 Pandemic. International Journal Of Research In Pharmaceutical Sciences 2020; 11 (1): 333 – 341.
- Vertical ridge augmentation: A review. European Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine 2020; 7(7):1757 – 1766.
- Assessing the effect of non-surgical periodontal therapy on caspase3 and 7 levels in patients with chronic and aggressive periodontitis ‑A systematic review protocol. International journal of Psychosomatic Rehabilitation 2020; 24(8): 4323 – 4331. DOI: 1037200/IJPR//V2418/PR280449.
- Coverage of gingival fenestration using modified pouch and Tunnel technique:A novel approach.Case Reports in Dentistry; Volume 2013 Article ID: 902585.5 pages.http://dx.doi,org/10.1155/2013….
- Periodontal Probing Systems: A Review of Available Equipment. Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry March 2010; 31(2); 71.
- Peripheral Odontogenic Fibroma associated with a Dilacerated Maxillary Central Incisor: A Case Report. Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry October 2011, Volume 32, Issue 8:1 – 5.
- Extra Buccal cusp. Dent Update. 2010; 37(5):339.
- Peg-shaped mandibular central incisor. Dent Update Sep 2009; 36(7):439- 441.
- Periodontal Probing Systems:A Review of the Available Equipment. Dentistry India, May/June 2009, Vol 3, No. 3, page no. 32 – 42.
- Dens Invaginatus Of The Maxillary Incisors And Dens Evaginatus Of Maxillary Canines: A Report of a rare occurrence. J Datta Meghe Inst Med Sci Univ 2012;7(3):199 – 201.
- Non-Syndromic Occurrence of Developmental Dental Anomalies in Siblings – Report of Two Rare Cases. Journal of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences University. 2012; 7(4): 288 – 291.
- Oral findings in a patient with sebaceous Nevi: A case report. Journal of International Oral Health Sept-Oct 2013;5(5):139 – 42.
- The Effectiveness of Enamel Matrix Proteins (Emdogain) in Combination with Coronally Advanced Flap Technique in the Treatment of Multiple Gingival Recessions. A Clinical Study.Archives of Oral Sciences & Research 2013;3(2): 95 – 109.
- Intraoral Manifestations in a Patient with Epidermal Nevus Syndrome. The Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice July-August 2013; 14(4):762 – 765.
- Enamel pearl on an unusual location associated with localized periodontal disease: A clinical report. J Indian Soc Periodontol 2013 Nov-Dec; 17(6):796 – 800.
- A Comparison between connective tissue grafts combined with either double pedicle grafts or coronally positioned pedicle grafts‑A clinical study. J Indian Soc Periodontol May-June 2014; 18(3):326 – 330.
- Comparative Evaluation of Recombinant Platelet Derived Growth Factor Combined with Beta Tricalcium Phosphate and Enamel Matrix Derivative for the Treatment of Intrabony Defects in Chronic Periodontitis: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. J Datta Meghe Inst Med Sci Univ 2014; 9(4): 237 – 244.
- Root Coverage Using the Coronally Positioned Flap with or without a Subepithelial Connective Tissue Graft. J Datta Meghe Inst Med Sci Univ 2014; 9(3):182 – 187.
- Evaluation of effectiveness of diode laser in the management of ankyloglossia. J Datta Meghe Inst Med Sci Univ July-Dec 2015; 1(2):23 – 25.
- Comparative evaluation of the effectiveness of acellular dermal matrix allograft and subepithelial connective tissue to coronally advanced flap alone in the treatment of multiple gingival recessions: A clinical study.J Indian Soc Periodontol Sept-Oct 2015; 19(5): 537 – 544.
- Ruga Adamantina: A Cause for Periodontitis? Journal of Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences 2015; 10(3):194 – 195.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of diode laser in the management of ankyloglossia‑A case series.Journal of Applied Dental and Medical Sciences. Jan-March 2017; 3(1):89 – 95.
- Piezosurgery assisted periodontally accelerated osteogenic orthodontics.J Indian Soc Periodontol 2017; 21:422 – 6.
- Hemisection is a reliable treatment modality for mandibular molars with poor prognosis‑A case report and review.Journal of applied dental & medical sciences April-June 2018; 4(2) NLM ID: 101671413 ISSN:2454 – 2288.
- Evaluation of survival of 8 mm-length implants in posterior resorbed ridges: A pilot study.J Indian Soc Periodontol July2018; 22(4):334 ‑339.
- A Graphic Organizer- an Important Addition to the Pedagogical Repertoire: A Review.Journal of Health sciences education2018; 5(2):50 – 55.
- The horse and the stream‑a conceptual paper.Acta Scientific Dental Sciences Oct2018; 2(10):57.
- Role of Caspases in periodontal disease. J Datta Meghe Inst Med Sci Univ 2019;14: 268 – 71.
- Comparative evaluation of effectiveness of concentrated growth factors (CGF) enriched bone graft matrix (sticky bone) with hydroxyapatite reinforced beta tricalcium phosphate and bioabsorbable membrane in treatment of class ii furcation defects ‑A clinical study. Research square. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.….
- Comparative evaluation of interleukin-17 in gingival crevicular fluid of patients with aggressive periodontitis and healthy gingival sites.J Datta Meghe Inst Med Sci Univ 2021:16:90 – 3.
- ICMR international travel grant for non-ICMR scientist no.3/2/TG-51 (31) IHRD-2014.
- Advisor for the BIRAC-BIG proposal receiving a grant of 50 lakhs, titled ‘Adjustable surgical osteotomy guide for accurate mandibular tumor resection’.
- ICMR grant of Rs 50,000/- for thesis dissertation guided entitled ‘Evaluation of the effectiveness of platelet rich fibrin matrix (PRFM) and demineralized freeze-dried bone allograft (DFDBA) placed into fresh extraction sockets with simultaneous implant placement: A clinical and radiographic study.’
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS (IPR)
- IPR1- Literary Work titled Chapter‑5 – Hospital Infection Control – Apex Manual – Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed to Be University in English (L‑94250/2020) dated 28.08.2020.
- IPR2 — Literary Work titled Chapter‑3– Patient Rights And Education – Apex Manual – Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sawangi Meghe, Wardha – 442001 in English (L‑94310/2020) dated 31.08.2020.
- IPR3 — Literary Work titled Chapter 9- Facility Management System- Apex Manual- Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑94709/2020) dated 15.09.2020.
- IPR4 ‑Literary Work titled Concept of Integrated Mapping with Mind Map, Concept Map and Argument Map as a Tool for Promoting Learning in Traditional Pedogogy in English (L‑94714/2020) dated 15.09.2020.
- IPR5 — Literary Work titled Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) of the Institutional ethics committee, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑94719/2020) dated 15.9.2020.
- IPR6 — Literary Work titled Chapter7-Responsibility Of Management- Apex Manual- Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑94824/2020) dated 17.09.2020.
- IPR7 — Literary Work titled Chapter 8- Human Resource Management- Apex Manual- Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑94823/2020) dated 17.09.2020.
- IPR8 — Literary Work titled Chapter4-Management of Dental Materials, Equipment and Medications- Apex Manual- Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑95231/2020) dated 30.09.2020.
- IPR9 — Literary Work titled Chapter6-Quality Manual- Apex Manual — Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑95211/2020) dated 30.09.2020.
- IPR10 — Literary Work titled Chapter 10- Information Management System- Apex Manual — Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑95305/2020) dated 05.10.2020.
- IPR11 — Literary Work titled Chapter 1- Access, Assessment and Continuity of Care- Apex Manual — Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑95790/2020) dated 15.10.2020.
- IPR12 — Literary Work titled Chapter 2- Care of Patients- Apex Manual — Sharad Pawar Dental College And Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute Of Medical Sciences, Deemed To Be University in English (L‑95921/2020) dated 19.10.2020.
- IPR13 — Literary Work titled Concept of Mind Map of Trauma from Occlusion as a Tool for Promoting Learning in Traditional Pedagogy in English (L‑97007/2020) dated 27.11.2020.
- Best Paper- ‘Comparison of the effectiveness of delayed versus early loading of implants’ at the 19th National conference of the Indian society of Implantologists from 25th to 28th October,2012 held at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Best Poster-‘Introduction of evidence-based journal club to dental postgraduates’ organized by education units, nodal centre for national faculty training (recognized by MCI) & School of Health Professions Education &Research, DMIMS (DU) on17th July 2015.
- Second prize for Paper- ‘Delayed versus early loaded single tooth implants’ at the 35th Asia-Pacific dental congress held from 7th to 12th, May 2013 held at Kaula Lumpur, Malaysia.
Indian Society of Periodontology (ISP)
Federation of Ethics Review Committees in India (FERCI)
Federation of Ethics Review Committees in the Asia Pacific region (FERCAP)
Steering Committee, Chair in Bioethics, Haifa