Dr.Thompson is currently holding the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka, India. He received his B.E in Computer Science and Engineering and M.E in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna Univeristy, India. He received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Pondicherry University, India. He was awarded for his academic excellence in his master’s degree with a university rank. He received the Best Researcher Award-2020, IEEE Bangalore Section, India. He has authored many technical research papers published in leading journals and conferences from the IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, etc. He is an active reviewer in many international reputed journals. He is currently the editor of two Springer books. He is currently a member of IEEE.
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
Easwari Engineering College, Anna University
B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
Vel Tech Multi Tech Engineering College, Anna University
Total Experience: 4 Years/5 Months
Academic: 2 Years/06 Months
Industry:1 Years/11 Months
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computational Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Computational Intelligence
An Energy Efficient Spectrum Aware Unequal Clustering Protocol for Lifetime Maximization in Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks
International Conference Papers
- Stephan, T. and Joseph, K.S. (2016b). PSO assisted OLSR Routing for Cognitive Radio Vehicular Sensor Networks. Proceedings of the International Conference on Informatics and Analytics — ICIA-16.
- Stephan, T. and Joseph, K.S. (2016a). Cognitive Radio Assisted OLSR Routing for Vehicular Sensor Networks. Procedia Computer Science, 89, pp.271 – 282.
- Stephan, T. and Karuppanan, K. (2013). Cognitive inspired optimal routing of OLSR in VANET. [online] IEEE Xplore. Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/do… [Accessed 18 Jun. 2020].
International Journal Papers
- Punitha., S., Al-Turjman, F. and Stephan, T. (2021). An automated breast cancer diagnosis using feature selection and parameter optimization in ANN. Computers & Electrical Engineering, [online] 90, p.106958. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/… [Accessed 11 Jan. 2021].
- Raheja, S., Obaidat, M.S., Sadoun, B., Malik, S., Rani, A., Kumar, M. and Stephan, T. (2021). Modeling and simulation of urban air quality with a 2‑phase assessment technique. Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, [online] 109, p.102281. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/… [Accessed 26 Feb. 2021].
- Kaiser, M.S., Mahmud, M., Noor, M.B.T., Zenia, N.Z., Mamun, S.A., Mahmud, K.M.A., Azad, S., Aradhya, V.N.M., Punitha, S., Stephan, T., Kannan, R., Hanif, M., Sharmeen, T., Chen, T. and Hussain, A. (2021). iWorkSafe: Towards Healthy Workplaces during COVID-19 with an Intelligent pHealth App for Industrial Settings. IEEE Access, [online] pp.1 – 1. Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/do… [Accessed 24 Jan. 2021].
- Kassa, S., Gupta, P., Kumar, M., Stephan, T. and Kannan, R. (2021). Rotated majority gate-based 2n-bit full adder design in quantum-dot cellular automata nanotechnology. Circuit World, ahead-of-print(ahead-of-print).
- Bhushan, S., Kumar, M., Kumar, P., Stephan, T., Shankar, A. and Liu, P. (2021). FAJIT: a fuzzy-based data aggregation technique for energy efficiency in wireless sensor network. Complex & Intelligent Systems.
- Stephan, T., Sharma, K., Shankar, A., Punitha, S., Varadarajan, V. and Liu, P. (2020). Fuzzy-Logic-Inspired Zone-Based Clustering Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Fuzzy Systems.
- Shankar, A., Pandiaraja, P., Sumathi, K., Stephan, T. and Sharma, P. (2020). Privacy preserving E‑voting cloud system based on ID based encryption. Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications.
- Stephan, T., Al-Turjman, F., K, S.J. and Balusamy, B. (2020b). Energy and spectrum aware unequal clustering with deep learning based primary user classification in cognitive radio sensor networks. International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics. [online] Available at: https://link.springer.com/arti… [Accessed 18 Jun. 2020].
- Bhardwaj, A., Al-Turjman, F., Kumar, M., Stephan, T. and Mostarda, L. (2020). Capturing-the-Invisible (CTI): Behavior-based Attacks Recognition in IoT-oriented Industrial Control Systems. IEEE Access, [online] pp.1 – 1. Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9104652.
- Chithaluru, P., Al-Turjman, F., Kumar, M. and Stephan, T. (2020). I‑AREOR: An Energy-balanced Clustering Protocol for implementing Green IoT in smart cities. Sustainable Cities and Society, [online] p.102254. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/… [Accessed 5 Jun. 2020].
- Stephan, T., Al-Turjman, F., Joseph, K.S., Balusamy, B. and Srivastava, S. (2020a). Artificial intelligence inspired energy and spectrum aware cluster based routing protocol for cognitive radio sensor networks. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. [online] Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0743731519306847.
- Stephan, T., Rajappa, A., Sendhil Kumar, K.S., Gupta, S., Shankar, A. and Vijayakumar, V. (2020c). Modified fuzzy-based greedy routing protocol for VANETs. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, [online] Preprint(Preprint), pp.1 – 8. Available at: https://content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-intelligent-and-fuzzy-systems/ifs189154.
- Stephan, T. and Suresh Joseph, K. (2017). Particle Swarm Optimization-Based Energy Efficient Channel Assignment Technique for Clustered Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks. The Computer Journal, [online] 61(6), pp.926 – 936. Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8429124.
- Best Researcher Award-2020, IEEE Bangalore Section, India.
- PG University Rank Holder